The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

RicanText

Cardi or Nicki? More likely to be snubbed from Best Rap album Grammy

2 hours ago, Invasion said:

Nicki is never winning a Grammy, especially after that terrible performance. Nor does she have anything Grammy worthy. I can surely see Cardi B snagging a Grammy though.

You think Cardi has music more worthy of a Grammy than Nicki? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Invasion said:

A lot of people would say it's of equal importance. And there are A LOT of rappers who don't write their own music.

So you’re not a real rap fan. In the rap community, writing your own lyrics is a MUST. That’s what the art is all about.

Rappers who don’t write their music will never be truly respected in their community. 

Not trying to start shit, but I’m going to guess it’s the reason Cardi doesn’t seem to attract the ‘legends’.

• Upvote 3

Guest IsThatSaraS

I think there's a chance both will get nominated... but Cardi more than Nicki....

Right now Cardi is America's favorite artist and we all know that the Grammy's are a populatity contest

Spoiler

1. Kids See Ghosts

2. Scorpion

3. Beerbongs and Bentleys

4. Black Panther

5. Invasion Of Privacy

7 hours ago, ONIKA said:

So you’re not a real rap fan. In the rap community, writing your own lyrics is a MUST. That’s what the art is all about.

Rappers who don’t write their music will never be truly respected in their community. 

Not trying to start shit, but I’m going to guess it’s the reason Cardi doesn’t seem to attract the ‘legends’.

Bruh that's fine. But as I said....there are a lot of mainstreams rappers (past and present) who don't write their own raps you're naive to think they do 100% of the time this applies to Nicki as well. :rip: She doesn't write ALL of her raps. Stop playing this tit for tat game.

Invasion of Privacy is STILL a better rap album than anything from Nicki in recent years lol

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ONIKA said:

You think Cardi has music more worthy of a Grammy than Nicki? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

What has Nicki released that's GRAMMY worthy :rip: Starships, Super Bass, Right Thru Me these are POP records. She ain't winning a damn GRAMMY in no Rap category for the Pink ANYTHING and she sure isn't winning one for Queen. The Skidmark was a bloated mess too, it didn't deserve a GRAMMY. 

• Give a Cookie 1

Just now, Invasion said:

What has Nicki released that's GRAMMY worthy :rip: Starships, Super Bass, Right Thru Me these are POP records. She ain't winning a damn GRAMMY in no Rap category for the Pink ANYTHING and she sure isn't winning one for Queen. The Skidmark was a bloated mess too, it didn't deserve a GRAMMY. 

Just like how IOP is overrated as hell and people should stop trying to make it more than what it is? Apart from a few songs, it’s literally just a Cardi bragging and following trends :rip: Y’all so blinded in delusion at this point.

Nicki did deserve recognition for Pink Friday. The depth and diversity of different themes, the cohesiveness of the sound, and also her success. Don’t play dumb

now.

39 minutes ago, Elusive Lambily said:

The real tea is that Cardi will win a Grammy and Nicki will be so pressed cause the new girl got a #1 hit and a Grammy before her!

:rly:

I can see actually see her winning Best Pop Duo for that Maroon 5 song but is that really a bragging right “win” ? Dua Lipa is the only contender for Best New Artist... I think 

is Finesse remix eligible since the original is part of AOTY? 

Just now, ONIKA said:

Just like how IOP is overrated as hell and people should stop trying to make it more than what it is? Apart from a few songs, it’s literally just a Cardi bragging and following trends :rip: Y’all so blinded in delusion at this point.

Nicki did deserve recognition for Pink Friday. The depth and diversity of different themes, the cohesiveness of the sound, and also her success. Don’t play dumb

now.

"Overrated as hell"

Bodak Yellow, Bartier Cardi and now I Like It are smashes though...Arguably bigger than anything from Pink Friday sans Super Bass.
And aren't the Nicki fans complaining because all Nicki does is brag about herself? :rip: Meanwhile, Cardi had a REAL come up and this is her first damn album. You obsessed Cardi haters are reaching for the stars too high.

Just now, Invasion said:

"Overrated as hell"

Bodak Yellow, Bartier Cardi and now I Like It are smashes though...Arguably bigger than anything from Pink Friday sans Super Bass.
And aren't the Nicki fans complaining because all Nicki does is brag about herself? :rip: Meanwhile, Cardi had a REAL come up and this is her first damn album. You obsessed Cardi haters are reaching for the stars too high.

Sis, her songs being successful doesn’t mean her album or music can’t be overrated. Look at someone like Ed Sheeran, for example.

And Nicki’s comeback was just as real, if not MORE authentic than Cardi’s. 

You are blinded by your stanbadge. I ain’t a Cardi hater but I’m just not delusional.