Sign in to follow this  
TattoosOnMyMind

Why do some people think Kesha lied about her sexual assault?

This is something of a common theme I'm seeing across pop forums and it's people who think Kesha lied about being sexually assaulted or "her story not making sense".

Can I ask why you think Kesha would lie about her sexual assault just to get out of her contract?

Kesha gave up everything and even stopped making music to go after Dr.Luke. She had to sell her 1.5 million dollar home, gave up working with someone who would've landed her another hit album, and burned a bridge with someone who could've been invaluable to work with in the future.

Why on earth would anyone risk everything to go after someone if it wasn't extremely important to them?

And I've heard the explanation that Kesha "lied" about the sexual assault to be released from her contract with Dr.Luke and Sony but why wouldn't she just release a few more albums and be done with it if that was what she really wanted?

She had everything to lose and in some aspects she still lost because she is still under Dr. Luke (Kemosabe Records).

Also finally iirc Sony dropped Dr. Luke.

Why would Sony drop one of their biggest moneymakers if Dr.Luke wasn't as volatile as Kesha said?

Maybe ya'll be joking and I'm looking too much into this but Nnnnnnn...

• Upvote 3

I think people think she lied because, she so willingly put out so many tracks and bop after bop for so long.

So even her own fans turned on her and were upset because as soon as the accusations arose she almost became a non-factor and stop releasing music so it was even harder to root for her.

Like I was a massive fan of her but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I believe her but the entire thing is a he said/she said type of ordeal and Dr. Luke is still get work and royalties and basically had to sign off on her last album release. So he is still in control and she is still working for them. It's messy but I believe her, men in the music industry are known for nasty behavior.

Realistically, if she told the truth she would have been able to prove it.

I mean, apparently the abuse went on for years. How hard is it to hide a dictaphone in your purse and let it running? If he really was as bas as she said, it would have been extremely easy to get hard proof but she couldn't even do that.

I don’t think she lied but I also think some things were fabricated and charged up to be more than what it was. However the reason some people think she lied is because it’s Hollywood. People will do anything to stay relevant, or get out of a contract. 

Obv. the scandal helped in to some Compacity with her album sales and Praying. 

I personally just see there are a lot of inconsistencies in her story and some things don't even make sense. Her story and her perspective on the case have changed, and whoever is in charge of releasing statements regarding what her story has become now is making it apparent that they're releasing it bit by bit and part by part. I don't appreciate being told one thing then it develops to another, it leads me to believe her story isn't genuine and that she's fighting tooth and nail to get out of her label onto another.

It could be true for all I know, but I just don't see it in this story.