TattoosOnMyMind

How would you fix your fave's under performing or flop eras?

Ariana and DW: The rollout of this album was a mess and iirc she was manager-less for the first half of it. Lead single should be Into You rihleased one week before the drop of the album. Side to Side becomes the 2nd single, Greedy becomes the third, and she closes out the era with DW. She also gets a video director who creates a MV that is WORTHY of Into You.

Taylor and reputation: Keep LWYMMD as the hype/buzz single. Release the album a month earlier and stop shooting yourself in the foot with the rihlease of other singles/song releases like Gorgeous, RFI, CIWYW, and End Game. 2nd single should be I Did Something Bad which leads into the 3rd single Getaway Car. Era ends with Delicate or New Year's Day with a concert MV as is tradition for her. Oh and she actually promotes this era instead of letting it die on her doorstep.

CRJ and EMOTION: First of all don't rihlease the album 2 months earlier in Japan and destroy any hope for hype or buzz for the album. Scrap I Real Like You as the lead single and use Run Away With Me. The GP don't need another song that sounds/reminds them of Call Me Maybe. 2nd single should be Boy Problems, 3rd single Your Type, and close the era off with I Really Like You.

• Upvote 2
  • Loving It 1

Demi needs to cut ties with her ugly ass manager and former label for good, and then she’ll take off. It’s no coincidence her biggest era yet is the one where other managements and labels were involved :asmrchew4:

• Upvote 2

Leave sumerian and go with fearless records. They got a lot of good metalcore bands and they r all doing well. Sumerian only got there focus on asking alexandria and since denis is the former singer its sorta hard for them to focus on denis & danny at once and i want to have the chance to see em both doing well

Fifth Harmony’s self-titled era has been a complete mess. First and foremost He Like That would've been the lead single followed by Angel then Don't Say You Love Me. They would've had promotion and an appearance on major television shows. Each single would've had high budget video sponsorship. 

Just now, Daraesthetic said:

Fifth Harmony’s self-titled era has been a complete mess. First and foremost He Like That would've been the lead single followed by Angel then Don't Say You Love Me. They would've had promotion and an appearance on major television shows. Each single would've had high budget video sponsorship. 

Cumilla really ended them didn't she.:methney:

I wonder if Cumilla flopped with Havana then 4/5th Harmony would've done better.

Natalia Kills - Perfectionist: No Zombie or Activate My Heart; Mirrors released as her début single in October 2010 with the video released for November, alongside some European promo. Zombie released as a promo single in December. Mirrors UK push in January 2011, followed by a U.S. push in February. Free as the second single for March, with will.i.am on it from the start. Video comes out the same month, with a big UK, EU and AU push. Activate My Heart released as a promo single in April, preceding the release of the album for the same month. Wonderland released as the third single for May, with the video coming in June/July. Perfectionist (Deluxe Edition) released for November, with Kill My Boyfriend being released as the fourth single for October.

I would have got Gaga a better team for ARTPOP that would listen to Gaga more. I would have made Venus 2nd single, scrapped the R.Kelly collab in place for the XTina collab and made that a 3rd Single. Aura would have been called Burka like the OG version and would be made 4th single for the continuation of the Telephone music video, or part 3 in the trilogy. I would also have made Jewels n' Drugs 5th single. Heavy promo throughout the era. Also release a deluxe edition and/or act 2 with Brooklyn Nights and other unreleased AP songs.

For Joanne, I would have still made P.I lead single but I would have promoted it more heavily. A-YO 2nd single, Million Reasons 3rd Single,  John Wayne 4th single, Dancin In Circles 5th single, Joanne (Piano Version) last single to close era. I would have made the album longer with 15 tracks on standard version and deluxe being 18. Include the RedOne and other collabs that she did before Joanne on the deluxe as well as Deep Blue and The Cure.  

For Katy Perry with Witness, I would have told her not to cut her hair. CTTR was a fine first single, 2nd single B.A without The Migos, 3rd single Swish Swish, 4th single Roulette, 5th single Power.  

• Upvote 1

P!nk: release Revenge instead of Beautiful Trauma. Make Where We Go a single

Bey: release another lead for 4

Gaga: better single choices

Katy: better single choices + long hair and no childish behavior

• Upvote 2

with Rated R i wouldn't change a thing cos they led up to the Smash Rude boy at the end

hmm with ARTPOP Gaga should've released DWUW with Xtina as the 2nd single and release a MV soon after since it was already #13 on Hot 100 & then release Gypsy as the final single but not take too long between every single release like she did (but she was having problems with her management at the time ao idk) 

3 hours ago, TattoosOnMyMind said:

Cumilla really ended them didn't she.:methney:

I wonder if Cumilla flopped with Havana then 4/5th Harmony would've done better.

Their label ended them.

Demi Lovato

I wouldn’t change anything for DF and HWGA. Those were Disney eras and they did pretty well compared to her Disney peers. 

Unbroken Era: I would have cut down on the features. Girl had more features than an Ariana album! Also, I get that she probably wouldn’t be comfortable performing FTLOAD, but she could have released it as a single with no promo right as Skyscraper hit its peak and let it piggy off that song’s promo. Also, most of the features were with irrelevant people, but out of all of them, Missy Elliot was the most relevant/impactful person she collaborated with and so she should have released “All Night” as a buzz single just for the recognition/promo. GYHAB was a good choice as a follow up single though! 

Demi Era: The first single was fine, the follow up were trash. She should have released “Nightengale” as either the second or third single. STWN was lowkey catchy and she could have made some feminist mv and possibly have squeezed another top 20 hit out of it. Also, IHYDLM should have been the fourth single. I get that she wanted to support pride this era with RDC but that song should have just been a buzz single released in June. Also, this era was proof her management was a mess with the two hastily planned tours. I would have never done the Neon Lights tour but just the Demi World Tour. Also, for heart attack I would have found a relevant DJ to remix the song and release the remix just as it hit the top ten to give it a boost on the charts plus give her someone to tour with to boost sales. Finally, i would have done a different album cover. Like the covers not bad and I like the general aesthetic but I would have changed her pose.

Confident Era: OH MY GOD! I love Demi but this era was a mess. The only bright spot was the Grammy (which quite frankly, TMYLM deserved that nomination more than this album but oh well). First things first, Phil shouldn’t have pushed Iggy onto Demi. Idc if you like Iggy, but working with her post 2014 is a detriment to everyone’s  career. Second, I would have scrapped most of the songs and replaced them with better ones. Third, Confident should have been a buzz single and sold to ESPN as a hype song. Fourth, CFTS and Stone Cold were good single choices, but I would have released wildfire instead of confident. Wildfire could have been a moderate hit and had the potential to create some really memorable stage performance. Fifth, I would not have made a Waitin for you music video filmed in front of her old middle school. Like I get she was bullied but you can’t say you’re confident and then  challenge your seventh grade bullies to a fight when you’re 23. Finally, the tour was a flop. I think making a better album could have changed that but also Phil shouldn’t have booked Nick and Demi for stadiums that outpeaked their album sales and also that whole $10k meet and greet package was cringe. 

TYMYLM Era: Sorry Not Sorry was good first single, but the fact that it was released in July and peaked in November shows that this songs promo period lasted way too long. First, SNS should have been released in May and she should have done that pool party promo right at the beginning of the summer season. The song was never going to outpeak songs like Despacito, Havana, etc, but I think the song would have still found its way into the top ten even with less performances. Keep in mind she had a moderate hit with cheat codes from March, so SNS could have piggy backed off that song’s buzz if it was released in May. I would have still done the Jax Jones song since that did moderately well in the U.K. However, when she was offered the Middle by Zedd, she should have taken it for her album and released that as the second single in July. That song outpeaked SNS so assuming the gp’s taste stayed the same, she could have given herself a top 5 hit. After bouncing off the success of the middle i would have released TMYLM with the mv and everything. I would have done this in August and I would have released the album in early August 1. To avoid competition with Shania Twain and 2. To avoid behind overshadowed by Taylor’s LWYMMD and Cardis Bodack Yellow which blew up late August. Then as she promoted her tour with the remaining award shows left in the year, she could have her choice of songs to sing. (Speaking of which she should have booked SNL this era tbh) Finally, in like February 2018, i would have released SDL as a single. While it might not be the best song ever, I think the song is catchy enough for the general public and i think between Valentines Day and the Justin Timberlake nostalgia via the super bowl, SDL (which to me gives Timberlake vibes) could have been at least a moderate hit and help keep her on the radio while she’s on tour. We’re in the Rihanna era now which means artists can’t have huge gaps between song releases anymore :/

All eras: Fire Phil and hire a social media expert who has to approve of every post. I love Demi but she should not be allowed on her public profiles. I respect that she lets the facade slip and says whatever she wants but let’s face it, the real reason people don’t like her has nothing to do with her music but rather her image. I’m not saying she should be more fake or less fake but simply she shouldn’t respond to trolls and also she shouldn’t diss certain people. Like yes speak out against truley horrible people but don’t start or get into beef with fellow celebs. 

Tl;dr: Demi should just hire me to fix her career 

also #sns for all the typos but I’m just spilling tea on my phone and it’s not that deep 

Bey : Not let “4” leak :azealiakunt:

Tinashe: Leave RCA and get a new manager.

Sevyn: Leave Atlantic.

Ciara: Do urban music and leave the pop shit alone(even though I like it...I know the GP doesn’t)

Nicki: Anaconda video upon release, Truffle Butter Music Video & Feeling Myself on VEVO 🙄

SZA: You’re doing fine so far sweetie. 💋

Ariana: Not get rid of Scooter at the beginning of the era. Thinking Bout You or Bad Decisions as a single over Everyday. 🤗