New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×
Church of Pop Big Brother | SIGN UP NOW! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
TattoosOnMyMind

Do you agree with my description of these artists?

Beyonce: Most likely to become a legend if not already at legend status. 

Rihanna: Before reputation I would've said Taylor was the biggest popstar/celebrity but imo it's now Rihallah. Beloved by the people but not quite a legend imo. The rest of these hunties should be taking note from her on how to be a celebrity.

Taylor Swift: If reputation wasn't such a messy era where the public practically disowned her I'd put her in the same status as Rihallah. I see her making a come back in like 4 years with an indie/folk pop record (in the vein of Red) and becoming the female Bob Dylan of this generation. 

Ariana Grande: Legend in the making. Her status as a pop girl depends heavily on her next album. 

Drake: Strihming monster and chart smasha but doesn't have the same "feel" of a legend like Bey. Markets himself as too relatable for legend status.

Adele: She is one of the most commercially viable pop girls but she hasn't done anything out there in terms of music to really cement herself as a legend.

Bruno Mars- An MJ tribute act. Drake tier popularity but he's a very private person. I personally don't see him becoming a legend.

The Weeknd- The drug habits of Prince without the rest of the talent. I'd put him around Drake tier for his commercial viability.

Katy Perry- Dragged a bit too harshly for Witness imo (Power and Act My Age are bops). She's one of the only artists to tie with MJ's record of most #1's from an album. She doesn't take herself very seriously so not very likely to be a legend. I see her as the more successful and relevant Cyndi Lauper of our generation.

Lady Gaga- The Madonna tribute act. If  she didn't blunder so hard with Artpop and Joanne I could've seen her as a legend in the same vein as Bey. Still a very respected and innovative artist who changed the pop game with TFM and TF.

Am I right? 

Am I wrong?

:demilip:

Drake is a Rapper, Beyonce is a popstar. Drake is very respected in the Rap community and the listeners love him as seen by his singles chart positions. He's been in the game for about 10 years now and he's still snagging hits.

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

Ari is a legend in the making but not Katy? :wendypucker:

I never said I wasn't biasedt.:wendypucker:

Not to drag her again for the 49303019312th time but Witness was one of those failures that backfired ridiculously on her. It doesn't erase what she's done but it has reduced her GP credibility imo.

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

I agree with 75% of the things you said. 

Image result for wig katy perry gif

please stop throwing the word legend everywhere like...firstly to be a legend you must have longevity, not just a 3 years peak, you need to have hits whitin at least 2 decades (real hits that impact people's brain and change the trends and landscape of music not just #1 that everybody forget the next year), and always reinvent yourself, and imo legends arent supposed to be alive, the closest people that are legends now are madonna, cher, aretha franklin, stevie wonder, elton john and people like that, not just popstars that have been on top for 5 years come on :gagstop: Katy Perry will just end up being a Cindy Lauper icon-type of singer but never a legend lol, Ariana is just walmart mariah for now, most of these new popgirls will never be legends because the attention-span of the GP greatly diminished now anybody can have a hit and disappear whitin 2 years, look at Iggy or Fetty Wap. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TattoosOnMyMind said:

Beyonce: Most likely to become a legend if not already at legend status. 

Correct :jan5:

Rihanna: Before reputation I would've said Taylor was the biggest popstar/celebrity but imo it's now Rihallah. Beloved by the people but not quite a legend imo. The rest of these hunties should be taking note from her on how to be a celebrity.

Semi correct, i’d put her at legend status :jan1:

Taylor Swift: If reputation wasn't such a messy era where the public practically disowned her I'd put her in the same status as Rihallah. I see her making a come back in like 4 years with an indie/folk pop record (in the vein of Red) and becoming the female Bob Dylan of this generation. 

Nnn maybe in the US but not globally :jan2:

Ariana Grande: Legend in the making. Her status as a pop girl depends heavily on her next album

I agree :jan1:

Drake: Strihming monster and chart smasha but doesn't have the same "feel" of a legend like Bey. Markets himself as too relatable for legend status.

Correct :jan3:

Adele: She is one of the most commercially viable pop girls but she hasn't done anything out there in terms of music to really cement herself as a legend.

Agree, she doesn’t nothing for music apart from just play it safe by catering to the GP in order to sell :jan4:

The Weeknd- The drug habits of Prince without the rest of the talent. I'd put him around Drake tier for his commercial viability.

Disagree, he’s successful but not on Drakes level yet :jan3:

Katy Perry- Dragged a bit too harshly for Witness imo (Power and Act My Age are bops). She's one of the only artists to tie with MJ's record of most #1's from an album. She doesn't take herself very seriously so not very likely to be a legend. I see her as the more successful and relevant Cyndi Lauper of our generation.

Mostly agree but if she makes a successful comeback she can make legend status :jan1:

Lady Gaga- The Madonna tribute act. If  she didn't blunder so hard with Artpop and Joanne I could've seen her as a legend in the same vein as Bey. Still a very respected and innovative artist who changed the pop game with TFM and TF.

Disagree, if she continues being this versatile but manage to do it more successfully she’ll be a legend (already is in my eyes) :jan5:

Just now, Eevee said:

please stop throwing the word legend everywhere like...firstly to be a legend you must have longevity, not just a 3 years peak, you need to have hits whitin at least 2 decades (real hits that impact people's brain and change the trends and landscape of music not just #1 that everybody forget the next year), and always reinvent yourself, and imo legends arent supposed to be alive, the closest people that are legends now are madonna, cher, aretha franklin, stevie wonder, elton john and people like that, not just popstars that have been on top for 5 years come on :gagstop: Katy Perry will just end up being a Cindy Lauper icon-type of singer but never a legend lol, Ariana is just walmart mariah for now, most of these new popgirls will never be legends because the attention-span of the GP greatly diminished now anybody can have a hit and disappear whitin 2 years, look at Iggy or Fetty Wap. 

Honestly I think with how fast music trends change nowadays being able to keep relevant and successful reinvent for at least a decade should be a qualifier for legend status.

Times are changing and I think the standards should change as well.

I see her making a come back in like 4 years with an indie/folk pop record (in the vein of Red) and becoming the female Bob Dylan of this generation. 

IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ILL RIOT :icant:

but I think hers is spot on. I don’t agree with The Weekend honestly. He makes good music but nothing crazy. :cm:

I feel like Katy has some more magic left in her and I think Witness was just marketed wrong and she was attacked for it. :oprah:

The others are pretty spot on. 

Just now, XxJTheBerrixX said:

IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ILL RIOT :icant:

but I think hers is spot on. I don’t agree with The Weekend honestly. He makes good music but nothing crazy. :cm:

I feel like Katy has some more magic left in her and I think Witness was just marketed wrong and she was attacked for it. :oprah:

The others are pretty spot on. 

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Some songs on that album bop. She should've made this her "experimental pop" record tbh and marketed it that way.

• Upvote 1

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Some songs on that album bop. She should've made this her "experimental pop" record tbh and marketed it that way.

Exactly!! This is what I have been saying since she said “woke pop”. The livestream was actually a cool idea but she should have went with experimental pop tbh. 

Agree with some descriptions like Beyonce and Rih while disagreeing with your description of Adele. Regardless, only time will tell if these artists become legends or not.

Ariana is nowhere near a legend. She just reached main pop girl status.

Also I believe Adele has a bigger chance of becoming a legend than Rih or Taylor. She is on Beys level of iconicness

• Upvote 1

Guest IsThatSaraS

Damn right :braidflip:

Just now, XO. said:

Ariana is nowhere near a legend. She just reached main pop girl status.

Also I believe Adele has a bigger chance of becoming a legend than Rih or Taylor. She is on Beys level of iconicness

Disgrih entirely. Bey has had several successful reinventions and has become something of a pop culture icon. I don't see Adele serving us Bey levels of reinvention of musical output.