Jump to content
New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
beysus

I Like It Above Chun-Li on Billboard. Why?

Recommended Posts

The MOST ANTICIPATED LEAD COMEBACK SINGLE OF THE YEAR, with a newly released music video, Chun-Li is currently #19 on the Hot 100 while the album track I Like It is #18.

Why?

:nickiawkward:

This is also continues the trend of I Like It never being lower than Chun-Li

:nickiawkward:

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we stop pretending like I like It is just some single track? Cardi's team have been promoting it so it could do better on the charts :whereisit: Nevertheless, Charti is hot right now so almost anything she touches is a smash. :ravenknows:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tattooed Heart said:

Can we stop pretending like I like It is just some single track? Cardi's team have been promoting it so it could do better on the charts :whereisit: Nevertheless, Charti is hot right now so almost anything she touches is a smash. :ravenknows:

I Like It is an album track as of now! Until the video drops on the 30th it will stay an album track! :ravenknows:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beysus said:

I Like It is an album track as of now! Until the video drops on the 30th it will stay an album track! :ravenknows:

Omg its coming on the 30th??!!!

Didnt know that :excited:

OT: Talent won

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XO. said:

Omg its coming on the 30th??!!!

Didnt know that :excited:

OT: Talent won

Well Cardi said the video is dropping before the end if the month so it has to be before the 31st :oprah3:

  • Upvote 1
  • Give a Cookie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beysus said:

Well Cardi said the video is dropping before the end if the month so it has to be before the 31st :oprah3:

And this week she's already releasing Dinero and next week she's releasing the music video for Be Careful. Can Cardi get 3 singles into the top 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s many reasons why it’s above Chun-Li. 

- I Like It has that trendy Latin sound

- Two featured artists who are HUGE in the Latin community

- Immense Spotify playlist promotion

- Cardi has had televised promotion this era (whether or not it was specifically for I Like It is irrelevant)

Compred to;

- An east coast rap song that sounds like nothing else on the radio

- No featured artists

- Little Spotify playlist placements

- No televised promotion this era

 

Besides this, Cardi is a new artist so obviously the hype / demand surround her will be larger. Let’s just see how long that hype lasts...

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ONIKA said:

There’s many reasons why it’s above Chun-Li. 

- I Like It has that trendy Latin sound

- Two featured artists who are HUGE in the Latin community

- Immense Spotify playlist promotion

- Cardi has had televised promotion this era (whether or not it was specifically for I Like It is irrelevant)

Compred to;

- An east coast rap song that sounds like nothing else on the radio

- No featured artists

- Little Spotify playlist placements

- No televised promotion this era

 

Besides this, Cardi is a new artist so obviously the hype / demand surround her will be larger. Let’s just see how long that hype lasts...

Case closed. 

We can let Cardi B have her cute little moment tbh. She’s legitimately the female Fetty wap, and that’s tea:receipts2:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Talent doesn’t always win. Nevertheless, Chun- Li is better than half of IOP. :raven2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×