New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

Naus

Is Jessica Simpson an underrated performer?

Jessica Simpson: The Performer  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jessica Simpson underrated as a performer?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
  2. 2. Is Jessica Simpson a better performer OVERALL than Britney?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

We know Jessica is a naturally gifted soprano, with a so-so technique, but great skill to sing in high tessituras and sustain notes for long periods of time with a stable pitch.

But I think she's underrated as a performer. Her Irresistible era, albeit short, showed the potential she had as a performer:

Live singing and good dancing, charisma, stage presence, sensuality. Britney might've been the better dancer, but Jessica was the best overall performer.

Her live vocals in combination with her dancing sets her apart. 

Do you agree with me? Do you think Jessica is an underrated performer? Do you think Jessica is better OVERALL performer than Britney?

PS: We're talking about talent, so don't bother bringing up sales and success, okay?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Just now, CandyCoatedConfection said:

Why do we have to pit two young successful and talented women against each other though? What does Jessica have to do with Britney and Vice versa?

They both debuted around the same time and Jessica was marketed as a virginal “Anti-Britney.” :cm:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Breakdown said:

They both debuted around the same time and Jessica was marketed as a virginal “Anti-Britney.” :cm:

Yes but the question stands on it's own and it's been twenty years later. This thread is almost framed like it's from 2005 when they were still direct competition.

Just now, XxJTheBerrixX said:

She could have been THAT girl. I will never understand how her career turned into nothing. Young me bopped the shit out of her songs. :nopeicant:

Her music was flopping, and she started eating. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CandyCoatedConfection said:

Why do we have to pit two young successful and talented women against each other though? What does Jessica have to do with Britney and Vice versa?

Mte. Tea.

what people that make this comparison don’t realize is that they’re actually dragging Jessica for trying to copy Britney and be a pop star. She failed and that was all her father’s fault. 

No, she was pretty weak in every area. And her handling was a mess first they promoted her as a Mariah Carey type and then they transitioned her into a bubblegum pop Britney clone.

Guest messiah

I don’t know any of this girl’s music. And I was a huge fan of Radio Disney around 2006-2012

I Stan Britney and honestly I don't like comparing her to Jessica tho. Even tho they did appear in same scene years growing up. I love and Stan her sister Ashlee more tbh . I don't really listen too in full with Jess but she does have nice lyrics on few of her tracks.

Even during the In this Skin era when she did dance much, there were some performances that showed what a great performer she is. This is one of my favorites:
LINK: Forbidden Fruit Live 2004

She was working the stage, the crowd, improvizing dance movements, all the while looking great and singing really well. A true performer doesn't need complex choreography to show their showmanship. Jessica doesn't anything more than her voice and her natural talent to work a stage. I don't think she would've had any problem doing any of Britney's routines, with small adaptations because Jess is actually singing.

Jessica would’ve been better off lip syncing everything because her voice makes me fucking nauseous. Her technique!!!!! Jesus fucking Christ, how can someone have such abysmal technique? And your comment about her having stable pitch? Sis, I know you fucking lying :lmfao:Dancing shouldn’t even be mentioned because that drunk white girl choreo she’s doing really ain’t it. 

• Upvote 1