New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

JanetNatoon

Jessica Simpson or Ciara? Who's next album will sell more?

Jessica Simpson or Ciara? Who's next album will sell more?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Jessica Simpson or Ciara?

• JS6
    • C7

Both Jessica Simpson and Ciara were deemed over after 2006, but who do you think will come out at the top if they were to release a new album this year, or let's say 2019/2020.

Ciara's last album came out in 2015, and Jessica Simpson's came out in 2008. Both artists have been "overshadowed" by their competitors like Britney and Beyonce. 

Some stats:

Do You Know sold 300k in the US. Jessica Simpson was 28 at the time 

Fantasy Ride sold 195k in the US, and the Jackie album sold 62k. Ciara was 24, and 30 during the respectable eras.

Which artist do you miss the most? Which artist has a better chance of a comeback? 

Image result for ciara 2018Image result for jessica simpson 2018

Just now, Přemek said:

Legend Jessica is coming. Xtinct and Methney are shaking just at the thought of Legend J's return.

Successica was very generous by taking 10 years off to let those other 2 washed up heauxs a chance to succeed :ravenknows:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, KingOfCrescentLovatic said:

Jessica Simpson has albums? I only know of this terrible cover.

Sis....Being a singer is what made Jessica famous. She was one of the pop girls who rivaled Britney & Xtina (but never made it as successful as either)

She was successful in music, regardless of not being able to achieve Xtina or Britney's level of fame. She has several hits (I wanna love you forever, i think i'm in love, irresistible, with you, etc) :jan1:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Honestly, Jessica could've been more successful.

Final Heartbreak on her first album should've been a single. While the song is a bit repetitive to me, it was basically the definition of the kind of sound that was popular back then (like Nsync and Backstreet Boys stuff)

And A Public Affair had a potential hit in Fired Up. That song should've been the lead's follow up. Hell, I think it would've made a better lead single itself. I Belong to Me just is a good song, but would've worked better as like a last single from the album.

I think country music is probably more true to who she is as a person, but I prefer her as a pop artist tbh.

• Love 1