Untrue

Last movie you watched?

The last movie I watched was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sometimes I enjoy it more than the series tbh. It’s so campy and a perfect snapshot of what LA was like at the time. It’s so weird to see how much of the city has changed, though. 

Rewatched Spirited Away (2002) dubbed. 

510EEVTV5YL._SY445_.jpg

It's a lovely film I've seen numerous times before. It's not quite timeless, but it's comforting and imaginative. The animation quality is definitely noticeable for it's charms in the current era of both modern animation and well-budgeted anime as a whole. I saw it with a friend, but fell asleep. It's hard to watch alone, because I'm frightened by some characters. But I could, and I have, and I definitely will in the future. The English dub is more appealing than the original for me. I find not only the acting better, but the voices more fitting, and the ambiance is less inherently horrific as a movie that deals with otherworldly beings. It's quite splendid.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, neonnights said:

It’s so good, isn’t it?! It’s the perfect balance of fun and campy but somehow still serious. 

i honestly went into it with the lowest expectations bc of critics but loved it. you're right it's the perfect balance with just the right amount of action too.  I LIVE.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:05 AM, BEAN said:

Rewatched Spirited Away (2002) dubbed. 

510EEVTV5YL._SY445_.jpg

It's a lovely film I've seen numerous times before. It's not quite timeless, but it's comforting and imaginative. The animation quality is definitely noticeable for it's charms in the current era of both modern animation and well-budgeted anime as a whole. I saw it with a friend, but fell asleep. It's hard to watch alone, because I'm frightened by some characters. But I could, and I have, and I definitely will in the future. The English dub is more appealing than the original for me. I find not only the acting better, but the voices more fitting, and the ambiance is less inherently horrific as a movie that deals with otherworldly beings. It's quite splendid.

This is a great write up. I had this downloaded for months now but couldn't force myself to actually watch it yet

• Upvote 1