Sign in to follow this  
foreverbbooyy

Why do people drag Ariana for...

TEA. Selena twitter stans were coming for her for all the ‘promo’ she did for NTLTC first week when Selena literally did the same amount of promo and more for Fetish, Bad Liar and Wolves but how did they perform? They didn’t even crack top 20 let alone debut top 3

:aritea:

• Upvote 6

They need to find something to drag her

- no rapper rental

- no tragic vocals

- no bad music (cause haters know the song is good)

- no tankus situation

So they needed to come up with anything :nailfile: They can't admit she's perfect :nailfile:

• Upvote 5

They're just pressed that's she's iconic. She extended her record for top 10 lead debuts, is holding steady in the top 10, and she's gonna open the BBMA's, which is perfect since a lot of people are going to watch the first 5-10 minutes of the show at least. She's quite successful right now, which is making the haters seethe

• Upvote 3

On 5/12/2018 at 1:24 PM, XxJTheBerrixX said:

Uh not some of them recently. Posting 3 blocks on Instagram and ONE interview is not promoting anything. 

They all tryna follow Beyoncé all the while not realizing that they aren't Beyoncé lol. I suspect the reasons she doesn't do press campaigns and traditional promo in recent years (burnt out on them after so long, motherhood, maybe depression, doesn't want to risk overexposure) is not the same reasons that some younger acts have stopped doing it lately (lazy, trying to look "cool" or "unbothered" etc)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Liberty Van Zandt said:

They all tryna follow Beyoncé all the while not realizing that they aren't Beyoncé lol. I suspect the reasons she doesn't do press campaigns and traditional promo in recent years (burnt out on them after so long, motherhood, maybe depression, doesn't want to risk overexposure) is not the same reasons that some younger acts have stopped doing it lately (lazy, trying to look "cool" and "unbothered" etc)

I agree. I think the older pop stars have burnt themselves out on media A LOT, that's when EVERYONE was doing promo from tv shows to radio talk shows, to mass tweeting and everything. The younger generation thinks this trend can help them when its only hurting them in the end and making them look very lazy. Not a good way of promo when you're just starting out.. :oprah:

• Upvote 1

Just now, XxJTheBerrixX said:

I agree. I think the older pop stars have burnt themselves out on media A LOT, that's when EVERYONE was doing promo from tv shows to radio talk shows, to mass tweeting and everything. The younger generation thinks this trend can help them when its only hurting them in the end and making them look very lazy. Not a good way of promo when you're just starting out.. :oprah:

Also, media blitz isn't as fun anymore. The older pop stars did seem to work harder but that's probably because they had more creative avenues that the label would foot the bill for. How many different MTV diaries and making the videos and TRL spots did they have back in the day? Plus they used to cross promote with movies, tv show spots, endorsements, dolls, etc. It's not like that anymore but oh well, these younger acts gotta do what they can. They can't just leave everything up to social media. It's not enough to just have the most followers, subscribers or most liked photos and retweets. If you aren't keeping a conversation going, consistently selling out shows around the world, breaking chart records and having your album at least go platinum (before SPS is factored in) in multiple markets then you aren't as big a deal as you or your stans (in probably only one demographic) think you are.

I think one digital age pop star that was/is really good in promotion is Katy Perry. Even though Witness flopped, I thought the Witness Katy Perry live 24 hr broadcast was clever. It would've indeed helped sell the album if this was 15 years ago. Gaga's decent at it and Rihanna tries sometimes but she promotes makeup and clothes more than she promotes music these days.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, jackgrande said:

TEA. Selena twitter stans were coming for her for all the ‘promo’ she did for NTLTC first week when Selena literally did the same amount of promo and more for Fetish, Bad Liar and Wolves but how did they perform? They didn’t even crack top 20 let alone debut top 3

:aritea:

How? All selena's recent singles were released in thursday all her singles could chart higher, she has no promo cuz her illness, it ain't me did great and outsold 2018 Ariana :nails: 

Gaga was dragged for the 69 cent deal, and if she was dragged for it, everyone else who employs it deserves the lashings as well, it's the rules of life.