New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×
Church of Pop Big Brother | SIGN UP NOW! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiah

Alicia's voice > Mariah's

Guest messiah

Alicia Beth Moore I mean. 

Image result for p!nk

We love THE Songbird Supreme in mom jeans.

Especially considering the bitch (Mariah) cant sing and walk at the same time anymore.

Oh, and Alicia Key's voice is better too

Image result for alicia keys singing

Just because the bitch can deafen people with that high pitch screech doesnt mean shit. Especially since her voice is practically dead!

Guest messiah
Just now, Olivia Pope said:

Even in 2018, Mariah is still a better vocalist than P!nk and Alicia Keys

:vixen:

Oh sis, the OP may have been a reach, but this reach youre giving me to going for the stars.

:lmfao:

↑ This performance alone is better than anything P!nk or Alicia has ever done.

No one (except maybe Beyoncé) can compete with Mariah's gorgeous voice, melismatic technique, musicianship and CREATIVITY (something both of the girls you name lack when it comes to vocals). Mariah doesn't have to sing using the whistle register to impress. But even if that's her thing, what exactly P!nk's and Alicia's thing? Their voices are okay but they have nothing to make them stand out.

Guest messiah
Just now, Naus said:

↑ This performance alone is better than anything P!nk or Alicia has ever done.

No one (except maybe Beyoncé) can compete with Mariah's gorgeous voice, melismatic technique, musicianship and CREATIVITY (something both of the girls you name lack when it comes to vocals). Mariah doesn't have to sing using the whistle register to impress. But even if that's her thing, what exactly P!nk's and Alicia's thing? Their voices are okay but they have nothing to make them stand out.

I can not believe you used this performance. Most of the big notes at the start are flat. I will give her this, she knows how to save them. Here's a vid. And actually, watch it. A VERY SOLID vocal performance from P!nk. 

But stay in your overrated voiced delusions.

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

Alicia Keys has a better voice than Mariah.

Alicia Keys has a dreadful technique though. She damaged her vocals chord, which weren't that strong to begin with, by singing with poor technique and by 2012 she struggled to belt Girl on Fire's C5 like it was the hardest thing in the world.

But even during her peak in 2007-2009, there was a lot of stuggle and she had a tendency to SCREAM the notes instead of belting them:

Just now, Naus said:

Alicia Keys has a dreadful technique though. She damaged her vocals chord, which weren't that strong to begin with, by singing with poor technique and by 2012 she struggled to belt Girl on Fire's C5 like it was the hardest thing in the world.

But even during her peak in 2007-2009, there was a lot of stuggle and she had a tendency to SCREAM the notes instead of belting them:

It's just my opinion :bummer: I've always just liked the tone and sound of her voice better, idgaf about high notes

Just now, almighty dweebz said:

I can not believe you used this performance. Most of the big notes at the start are flat. I will give her this, she knows how to save them. Here's a vid. And actually, watch it. A VERY SOLID vocal performance from P!nk.

Even at her worst, Mariah's musicianship and creativity comes through. And that's the problem with P!nk. She's a boring vocalist. She doesn't do much with her voice, so her performances end up being extremely boring and formulaic. From a technical point of view, P!nk was really solid in that video. Now in terms of creativity and interesting vocal moments, there was none. And it's not like P!nk is a technician anywhere near Beyoncé's level either. In that video you posted you can hear when P!nk loses support as she ascends (3:15, 3:32) and there's also some nasality present. 

Mariah's voice is NOT overrated, it's just damaged. But if I wanted, I could post videos from up to 2005-6, and she obliterates P!nk and Alicia, so...

For example:

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

It's just my opinion :bummer: I've always just liked the tone and sound of her voice better, idgaf about high notes

Fine. Taste is subjective. You may like her timbre or connect with her voice on a deeper level.

But if we are discussing voices and singing from a more objective point of view, as the claim "One IS better than the other" instead of "I PREFER this over this" implies, then we have to discuss things like technique, musicianship, creativity, etc.

I personally like Alicia's timbre. She has a very interesting timbre BUT, much like one of my faves Christina, her undoing is the lack of technique. Christina has thicker vocal chords so she's been able to resit so much strain and misuse (Christina can still belt good Eb5s), but Alicia has been struggling for over a decade and her voice is quite damaged.

Guest messiah
Just now, Naus said:

Even at her worst, Mariah's musicianship and creativity comes through. And that's the problem with P!nk. She's a boring vocalist. She doesn't do much with her voice, so her performances end up being extremely boring and formulaic. From a technical point of view, P!nk was really solid in that video. Now in terms of creativity and interesting vocal moments, there was none. And it's not like P!nk is a technician anywhere near Beyoncé's level either. In that video you posted you can hear when P!nk loses support as she ascends (3:15, 3:32) and there's also some nasality present. 

Mariah's voice is NOT overrated, it's just damaged. But if I wanted, I could post videos from up to 2005-6, and she obliterates P!nk and Alicia, so...

For example:

Well, why is it damaged? Poor technique? Because if I bought Adele here thats the only thing you could say. And you proved my point. Technically P!nk is sound. The degree of musicality or creativity is all SUBJECTIVE! How can you even use that in a factual argument? The honest to God truth is that P!nk's 2010 Grammy Performance obliterates literally anything most vocalists can do on a stage. Now say Beyonce does intense choreo! P!nk does as well, as is giving healthy support, singing live (which she does 100%, unlike both artists you named), and has the stamina to lift herself while singing. I mean, its honestly refutable to say she's not on their levels. Like fucking Kelly Clarkson's voice can be compared. Theyre all human for fuck sake lol.

Mariah couldn't even wish doing this with her f... let me not get a WP.

The double standards CoP has. (This isnt pertaining to you) They say a Beyonce performance will be better than an Adele performance because Beyonce puts on a "show". Mariah just stands there too and sings. Yet people praise her and say Adele is a soccer mom. News flash people, all of them are moms. 

Just now, almighty dweebz said:

The double standards CoP has. (This isnt pertaining to you) They say a Beyonce performance will be better than an Adele performance because Beyonce puts on a "show". Mariah just stands there too and sings. Yet people praise her and say Adele is a soccer mom. News flash people, all of them are moms. 

Okay, calm down, sweetie. We're having a discussion, why do you have to get so worked up?

It's disingenuous to compare Mariah's voice right now (she's 48 years old) to P!nk who's ten years younger. Mariah's voice has been in decline since around 2006-7, so she was around P!nk's age when her voice started to decline but she still was able to give amazing vocal performances such as I Wanna Know What Love Is on the X Factor in 2009. Mariah's voice is not damaged for a lack of technique. Her technique was really good during most her career; in fact nearly flawless during her peak. The deterioration was caused by the vocal nodules she has since she was a little girl. It's outside her control unless she gets surgery. And the risk is ending up like Julie Andrews.

At her peak Mariah's technique was WAY better than P!nk's, who loses breath support in most of her belting range, she experiences throatiness above C5 and sometimes high larynx as she ascends, underdeveloped head voice... and that's just flaws I can spot by listening to her occasionally. Like I said, P!nk is not a technician like Beyoncé. She has a solid technique, but both Mariah at her peak and Beyoncé right now surpass her. That's just facts.

I do agree SOME people have double standards. I'm not one of them, though. I'm very consistent with what I say, or at least I try my best. Adele's performance are inferior to Beyoncé because the only thing she does is sing, so you'd expect extraordinary vocals, flawless technique, amazing melismata, whatever. But Adele delivers none of that. Her technique is terrible, her vocals are plain for the most part (it's all volume and middle belts, occasional head voice note and that's it). Beyoncé does put on a show, and then she goes and sing a ballad like Resentment or Me, Myself and I ten times better than anything Adele has done in her career. So it's not even a fair competition because Beyoncé is a WAAAAAY better singer, and also a performer/dancer.

I love Alicia Keys I stan her as you can see in my sig. But

Better vocals than Mariah?? Maybe today yes because Mariah's vocals has declined but so has Miss Keys'

But Mariah in her prime shits on everybody. Keys and P!nk cant touch that.

So I dont like the comparison.

Alicia Keys however is amazing and very underrated as a vocalist and overally artist.

Just now, Black Beauty ? said:

Alicia Keys however is amazing and very underrated as a vocalist and overally artist.

I agree. I believe Alicia and John Legend are very underrated as vocalists and artists. I wish Alicia had taken better care of her voice, because there are very few who can survive the grind that is a music career (recording, promotion, touring, etc). Most artists end up damaging their vocal cords like Adele, Sam Smith or Christina. Sometimes surgery fixes it; but other times the damage is permanent. I still believe Alicia is a great musician, but if she wants to keep singing ten years from now she needs to do something ASAP.

• Upvote 1