The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
rihce

FKA twigs has 6 tumours removed

FKA Twigs has shockingly revealed she's had six tumours removed in agonising surgery.

The singer and dancer - who split from Robert Pattinson last October - weighed as much as someone six months pregnant before having the growths in her uterus secretly removed.

She described two fibroids as being the size of cooking apples while three were like kiwis, but thankfully doctors were able to remove them through keyhole surgery in December.

"I am a very private person as u all know and I have gone back and forth in my mind whether to share that this year I have been recovering from laparoscopic surgery to remove 6 fibroid tumours from my uterus," she bravely revealed on Instagram.

"The tumours were pretty huge... a fruit bowl of pain everyday. The nurse said that the weight and size was like being 6 months pregnant."

"I tried to be brave but it was excruciating at times and to be honest I started to doubt if my body would ever feel the same again," continued to 30-year-old, admitting she was 'so scared' before the surgery. 

"Despite lots of love from friends and family I felt really alone and my confidence as a woman was knocked," she wrote.

"But... today whilst dancing at the choreography house I felt like my strong self again for the first time in a while and it was magical.

"Thank you precious body for healing, thank you for reminding me to be kind to myself, you are a wonderful thing, now go create and be other once again."

The star hailed others who have fought the same battle "amazing warriors," and reassured them that they "can get though this."

"And with this I let go of the pain," she ended.

Others responded by sharing their own journeys on the post, with one woman revealing she was forced to undergo a hysteroctomy.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/fka-twigs-six-tumours-removed-12507502

Stay strong sis! 

• Upvote 5