R U READY? COP Phase 2.0 IS COMING... Read more... ×
COP 2nd Annual Grammy Awards Read more... ×

Avril Lavigne

Themes based on artists?

I think it'd be really nice if "wallpapers" for the site were made with artists based and updated on their more recent era. For example, there would be a Lady Gaga theme based on My Dead Aunt Hoeanne, a Sia theme based on This is Acting etc. etc.

Thoughts? :praise:

• Upvote 4

Just now, Dirkje said:

Click the WOP meets COP theme and you have Ariana Grande in your theme!

(The banner has Justin Bieber, Fifth Harmony, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Madonna)

The colors are ugly as hell for that theme and tbh I don't wanna see Bieber or Fifth Harmony every time I open a page

:nickiawkward:

Just now, Ms. Knee said:

I'm not sure if that's possible because it would require a lot of coding.... I think 

Ask @laracroftonline

I don't think its hard, I did it once on a forum and I have no qualifications lmao @laracroftonline is the queen of forums Im sure she could

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ignacio said:

The colors are ugly as hell for that theme and tbh I don't wanna see Bieber or Fifth Harmony every time I open a page

:nickiawkward:

Thats up to you. That theme was made in 2016 I believe. At that time those artists were on top.

I'd be here for artist themes though :party:

Something like this would be a LOT of work in the sense of the graphic design and whatnot. To have to have someone make individual banners for different artists would take quite a bit of time. Plus, who would decide which artists get themes and which don't?

I feel like if this were to happen there would be a lot of unhappy people bc their fave didn't get picked or whatever.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Blue Sunshine said:

Something like this would be a LOT of work in the sense of the graphic design and whatnot. To have to have someone make individual banners for different artists would take quite a bit of time. Plus, who would decide which artists get themes and which don't?

I feel like if this were to happen there would be a lot of unhappy people bc their fave didn't get picked or whatever.

There you have a point.

I was the co-owner of WOP and we had those artist themes.

I wanted to be a forum that was there for any kind of music and not just a Pop forum. So we had different themes to get into that goal a bit.

Each category could have 6 images. Therefore we choose 6 artists from that category. (6 pop girls from now, 6 popgirls from the 80's, pop men, rappers, girlgroups/boybands) And then lets say the 6 popgirls from now would be Ariana Grande, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Britney Spears. And then the image as recent as possible.

But yes that was a lot of work but we found someone that loved to work on those. OLD Coppers might remember Brad. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dirkje said:

There you have a point.

I was the co-owner of WOP and we had those artist themes.

I wanted to be a forum that was there for any kind of music and not just a Pop forum. So we had different themes to get into that goal a bit.

Each category could have 6 images. Therefore we choose 6 artists from that category. (6 pop girls from now, 6 popgirls from the 80's, pop men, rappers, girlgroups/boybands) And then lets say the 6 popgirls from now would be Ariana Grande, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Britney Spears. And then the image as recent as possible.

But yes that was a lot of work but we found someone that loved to work on those. OLD Coppers might remember Brad. 

I'm not 100% familiar with how it works on Invision, but I did design for 2 or 3 different ProBoards forums and it was a huge pain sometimes with the color coding and stuff like that. And ProBoards are a LOT easier to code than most others I've seen. So I can imagine it's not a super simple thing to do to create tons of different themes on this platform.

I like that idea, of multiple artists on one banner. Like say maybe an Ex-Act banner, an Alt Girl banner, or something like that. I'm just worried that some people will still complain, no matter how much effort is put in for things to be as inclusive as possible.

I unfortunately never met Brad, but I've seen talk about him on the boards here. Lots of praise.

I'm not 100% familiar with how it works on Invision, but I did design for 2 or 3 different ProBoards forums and it was a huge pain sometimes with the color coding and stuff like that. And ProBoards are a LOT easier to code than most others I've seen. So I can imagine it's not a super simple thing to do to create tons of different themes on this platform.

I like that idea, of multiple artists on one banner. Like say maybe an Ex-Act banner, an Alt Girl banner, or something like that. I'm just worried that some people will still complain, no matter how much effort is put in for things to be as inclusive as possible.

I unfortunately never met Brad, but I've seen talk about him on the boards here. Lots of praise.

oh yeah i can imagine the discussion why is my favorite not in that theme, thats why @Bartier&Bentleys and i went for neutral themes and stanbadges so things like this won't happen.

• Upvote 4

Brad really was a great guy. Its a pity you never got to meet him but those praising is more than deserved.

I agree with the rest too!

• Upvote 1

or.... you just crop a lot of photos of the celebs you guys want featured, put them cropped shit together in a couple of banners, add the forums name on the banners with a nice font, colors etc so the header area still looks a bit fancy, put them on a rotating website so you will keep seeing other artists when browsing the forum and then upload the rotating link to this theme's banner  (or use a mod, plugin, hook for the rotating , whatever its called these days on ipb software)

done  lol

no coding or a lot of graphic editing needed