Amino

Nicki is yet to fall off, why?

Every year since her commercial debut in 2010, Nicki Minaj has experienced continuous success despite the debut of many female rappers who set out to steal her shine 

2010: Moment 4 Life and Your Love both hit the top 20 of the Hot 100, being certified double platinum and platinum respectively, Right Thru Me is also certified gold. Also in this year, she released her #1 debut album Pink Friday, which went on to be certified 3x platinum in the USA. 

2011: She experiences continued single success with Superbass in 2011, which goes 8x Platinum in the USA, and smashes globally, Did It On Em is released and goes gold and Fly is released as the follow up single, going platinum in America. In 2011, she features on Turn Me On by David Guetta which goes 2x platinum in the USA, and Dance (ASS) with Big Sean which goes 3x platinum in America. She also opens for Britney Spears on her femme fatale tour. 

2012: In 2012, she releases her sophomore effort, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded which becomes her 2nd #1 album and is certified 2x platinum in the USA. From the album she gains a 5x platinum hit with Starships and releases Beez In The Trap and Pound The Alarm, earning a gold and platinum certification respectively. She embarks on the Pink Friday tour where she experiences sell outs in cities like Chicago and Sydney. She also features on huge hits like Girl On Fire and Beauty And A Beat

2013: Whilst tiding herself over between PFRR and The Pinkprint Nicki releases the song 'High School' which is subsequently certified Gold in the USA. In this year she also features on the platinum hit 'Love More' with Chris Brown. She became the first female rapper to win the Female Hip Hop Artist four times a row at the 2013 BET Awards. In 2013 she also landed her infamous American Idol gig. 

2014: In 2014 she releases her third studio album The Pinkprint which lands a spot in the top 2 of the B200 and is certified 2x platinum, with Minaj earning three more multi platinum songs as a lead artist (Bang Bang, Anaconda and Only) . She also features on the gold 'Touchin Lovin' and the platinum 'Throw Sum Mo' songs in 2014. 

2015: In 2015 Minaj released two more singles from The Pinkprint, Truffle Butter and the platinum song The Night Is Still Young. At the 2015 Grammys, Minaj receives 3 nominations for The Pinkprint. She also won the BET Female Hip Hop artist for the sixth consecutive time in 2015. In 2015 she also embarks on an arena tour, an extremely rare feat for a female rapper and experiences huge success, grossing over 22M dollars from 38 shows. 

2016: Minaj releases no singles from an album or a studio album in this year, but still experiences success with her features, featuring on the 4x Platinum Side To Side and the multi platinum Down In The DM remix. 

2017: Minaj returns to the charts with her lead material in 2017, when No Frauds and Motorsport both charge the top 20 of the H100, extending her record for the most entries for a female EVER on the chart. No Frauds is eligible for a gold certification and Motorsport is certified gold likewise. She features on Run Up and Swalla (which goes diamond in France and 2x platinum in the USA among other certifications) She also features on the platinum Swish Swish, the platinum The Way Life Goes and the multi platinum Rake It Up. 

2018: Minaj kicks off her return to rap stardom in 2018 with her dual release of Chun Li and Barbie Tingz which land at #10 and #25 of the Hot 100 respectively and the top 20 feature with Post Malone 'Ball For Me' 

Why has she never fallen off? Please do not bring alternative facts into this thread because the bottom line is we're dealing with facts.

tlaking gif.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Woo. This is coming for Post of the Year at the next COP Awards.

tlaking gif.jpg

Don't forget she's had a top ten single every year since 2009 (if we're including Bedrock).

tlaking gif.jpg

and is the only female rapper to appear on the best selling artists of all time list

tlaking gif.jpg

• Upvote 3

Just now, Nicki Minaj said:

tlaking gif.jpg

Don't forget she's had a top ten single every year since 2009 (if we're including Bedrock).

tlaking gif.jpg

and is the only female rapper to appear on the best selling artists of all time list

tlaking gif.jpg

now we have to just wait for the ONH to join the thread so we can drag and clock

tlaking gif.jpg

• Upvote 3

tlaking gif.jpg

tlaking gif.jpg

tlaking gif.jpg

oh WOW! not everyone has that to their name 

tlaking gif.jpg

• Upvote 2

Who needs a #1 when you're the best selling female rapper of all time?

4UYQrUn.gif

You'd think it'd be easy for the best selling female rapper of all time to get a #1 if newcomers like Cardi B accomplished that on their debut.

(She also got it without any feature)

zR9OlBD.gif

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ignacio said:

She is also yet to score a #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

4UYQrUn.gif

she also didn't have to cheat record stores in the 90s by selling for singles for discounts

to get quick forgetting number ones like your fav but go off

4UYQrUn.gif

Just now, DREAMPOP said:

she also didn't have to cheat record stores in the 90s by selling for singles for discounts

to get quick forgetting number ones like your fav but go off

4UYQrUn.gif

You really out here saying people don't know Mariah's songs? Child BYE. Hero is iconic, AIWFCIY just reached its highest peak (so far) last christmas, One Sweet Day STILL holds the record for longest run and is still being talked about... I could keep going but I don't think its needed.

:shookga:

Just now, Ignacio said:

You really out here saying people don't know Mariah's songs? Child BYE. Hero is iconic, AIWFCIY just reached its highest peak (so far) last christmas, One Sweet Day STILL holds the record for longest run and is still being talked about... I could keep going but I don't think its needed.

:shookga:

yes those songs you just named 

4UYQrUn.gif

Just now, Ignacio said:

You'd think it'd be easy for the best selling female rapper of all time to get a #1 if newcomers like Cardi B accomplished that on their debut.

(She also got it without any feature)

zR9OlBD.gif

I would take an 8x platinum song and a 5x platinum song over a quick lil #1 which stole the beat and flow from another artist

zR9OlBD.gif

Guess we don't all value artistic integrity 

zR9OlBD.gif

• Upvote 3

Just now, Amino said:

I would take an 8x platinum song and a 5x platinum song over a quick lil #1 which stole the beat and flow from another artist

zR9OlBD.gif

Guess we don't all value artistic integrity 

zR9OlBD.gif

You REALLY think Nicki has any artistic integrity? 

In case you didn't know, Mariah started the rap on pop songs trend back in the 90s.

Without Mariah's "lack of artistic integrity" Nicki wouldn't even have a career.

But okay sis, go off!

e4UTJ4d.gif

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ignacio said:

You REALLY think Nicki has any artistic integrity? 

In case you didn't know, Mariah started the rap on pop songs trend back in the 90s.

Without Mariah's "lack of artistic integrity" Nicki wouldn't even have a career.

But okay sis, go off!

e4UTJ4d.gif

Baby I STAN Mariah so don't do all that

Nicki has artistic integrity and versatility (she has songs like I Lied, Did It On Em and Grand Piano) 

Facts are facts.

zR9OlBD.gif