Sign in to follow this  
Pixelated Kunt

Eurovision winner Conchita forced to reveal HIV diagnosis

Austrian Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst revealed in an Instagram post on Sunday that he had been receiving treatment for HIV for several years.

The 29-year-old singer said he had not intended to make the diagnosis public, but had been forced to do so because of threats from a former boyfriend.

Read more: Researchers develop reliable and needle-free HIV test

"I have been HIV positive for many years," Wurst wrote on Instagram. "This is actually irrelevant to the public, but an ex-boyfriend has threatened to take this private information public and I will never give anyone the right to frighten me and influence my life because of it."

Wurst added that the virus was below the detectability threshold and could therefore no longer be passed on.

"I hope to give others courage and to take another step against the stigmatization of people who, through their own behavior or that of others, have become infected with HIV," Wurst said.

http://www.dw.com/en/eurovision-winner-conchita-wurst-reveals-he-has-hiv/a-43399959

37618184_303.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Loving It 1

Just now, szanow said:

Wurst added that the virus was below the detectability threshold and could therefore no longer be passed on.

This lie. I've never heard of a HIV-positive person who can't infect others.

Just now, Savior said:

There have been studies proving that undetectable = untransmittable (U=U). Every research over the years has proven that this theory is correct. I still wouldn't dare to do it though cause yikes.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Savior said:

Just now, badgallaura said:

There have been studies proving that undetectable = untransmittable (U=U). Every research over the years has proven that this theory is correct. I still wouldn't dare to do it though cause yikes.

Exactly what laura said. I road an scientific article this weekend exactly about that. :elliesass:

Just now, badgallaura said:

Isn't that only if they keep up with their medication though? And I would imagine they still practice safe sex after being undetectable.

• Give a Cookie 1

Just now, Invasion said:

Isn't that only if they keep up with their medication though? And I would imagine they still practice safe sex after being undetectable.

Yeah someone has to stay medicated to remain within the untransmittable limit. As for condoms or the PrEP pill, they aren't needed as studies showed that even without them not a single person was infected. Still wouldn't fuck an HIV person tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 hours ago, badgallaura said:

Yeah someone has to stay medicated to remain within the untransmittable limit. As for condoms or the PrEP pill, they aren't needed as studies showed that even without them not a single person was infected. Still wouldn't fuck an HIV person tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't either. And I have my suspicions of PrEP.