New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
SJWextinguisher

Star Wars actor SLAMS Game of Thrones for lack of black people

pp0710a.jpg

John Boyega has criticised Game of Thrones for not having an ethnically diverse cast.

The British Star Wars actor slammed the hit fantasy show for its lack of black characters, saying that he doesn’t want to see “one type of person” on screen.

“There are no black people in Game Of Thrones,” the Londoner said in an interview with GQ. 

“You don’t see one black person in Lord Of The Rings. I ain’t paying money to always see one type of person on-screen.”

“Westeros around 300 AC is nowhere near as diverse as 21st century America, of course... but with that being said, I do have some "characters of color" who will have somewhat larger roles in Winds Of Winter,” he wrote on his blog.

“Admittedly, these are secondary and tertiary characters, though not without importance. Of course, I am talking about the books here, which is a thing apart [from the TV show].”

He added: “I do think HBO and [creators] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] are doing what they can to promote diversity as well, as witness the casting of Areo Hotah. Of course, Hotah is a guard... but he is also a viewpoint character in the novels, a brave and loyal warrior.”

Boyega has just finished shooting the eagerly-awaited new Star War film, The Last Jedi, which is slated for release on December 15.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/john-boyega-slams-game-of-thrones-for-lack-of-diversity-there-are-no-black-people-a3591046.html

1 minute ago, Rumors said:

There's also rarely Hispanics in shows but you don't always see us complaining like this :wendy15: 

Some people do like to play the victim. You don't see me going to watch Empire and complaining about the lack of white people lol. SMH... Don't these sjw's have bigger fish to fry like gun violence in the streets? 

Just now, QueenOfCrop said:

Some people do like to play the victim. You don't see me going to watch Empire and complaining about the lack of white people lol. SMH... Don't these sjw's have bigger fish to fry like gun violence in the streets? 

They would try but the Right is so mentally incapable to understand the link between easy access to guns and gun crime :jan2:

Just now, QueenOfCrop said:

They really do, It's so tiring. Would I like to see Hispanics on English TV? I sure tf I do, but do I complain about it? No lol.

Some people just love to play the victim indeed. But those actors try to get the SJW fans tbh, pandering always works.

1 minute ago, Rumors said:

They really do, It's so tiring. Would I like to see Hispanics on English TV? I sure tf I do, but do I complain about it? No lol.

Some people just love to play the victim indeed. But those actors try to get the SJW fans tbh, pandering always works.

Its not about "complaining" or "whining" all the time. Its about having more opportunities for actors of color. 

1 minute ago, kipperskipper said:

There is under representation of actors of lots of races like hispanic, asian, Middle Eastern, blakc, indian, pacific islander, etc. its really unfortunate that diversity is not at the forefront :oprah3:

I don't wanna sound like the old indie, but i've been noticing that to some people... Diverse only really means blacks being represented.. When it should be all of them imo.

Just now, kipperskipper said:

Its not about "complaining" or "whining" all the time. Its about having more opportunities for actors of color. 

I agree with this 

kinda makes me think about how gay roles are mostly played by straight people like i'm sure there are plenty of actual gay people to play your roles :trisha4:

Just now, P!nk Monáe said:

I agree with this 

kinda makes me think about how gay roles are mostly played by straight people like i'm sure there are plenty of actual gay people to play your roles :trisha4:

Let's be honest, while there is, most of them won't come out of the closet in fear of their career failing.

I think there's only a select few actors that came out that are constantly getting jobs.

Colton Haynes recently came out and it seems to have impacted his career for the worst, since he has nothing going on.

I pay close attention to this industry more than I do music :wendy16:

2 minutes ago, P!nk Monáe said:

I agree with this 

But it's great that straight people want to play gay roles now... I don't think that's an issue at ALL.

Also, gay actors play straight all the time. 

5 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

Which i'm all for, being a person of color myself, but it's not helping to bash shows that have already gone on for 6+ years.

Focus on making sure the newer shows cast appropriately etc.

1 minute ago, tragicgabriel said:

ok bitch do not come for the best tv show in the history of television bitch! :rosebye:

I've never watched it. :poot:

I'm just pressed that I see it everywhere, but if you like it, You do you sis.