New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

NatsuLian

Ya'll Doubted Her... But Look At Her Now

A full week and 16 hours and 30 minutes later, Demi Lovato's latest single "Sorry Not Sorry" has not only stayed in the Top 10 for the entirety of its release thus far, but is the best-selling female song on US iTunes as of right now.  Additionally, the song is beginning to climb up the iTunes charts once again (it is currently sitting comfortably at #7), and is expected to vault into the Top 40 during next week's Billboard Hot 100 update.  Including the haters, me, and probably even you, we could not have expected the song to click with the general public so effectively and after the disasters that were "Stone Cold" and "Body Say," who could have expected Miss Lovato to sell 43,000 in three days and break her streaming and chart records?  We all doubted her, but as many say, it is when we are in doubt that we find ourselves strongest.

The Receipts:

• iTunes Comparisons -
    • Cool for the Summer: 1 / 2 / 5 / 12 / 15 / 16 / 18
    • Sorry Not Sorry: 2 / 3 / 3 / 6 / 8 / 8 / 9
  • Spotify Comparisons -
    • Cool for the Summer: 280k / 363k / 316k / 286k / 382k / 380k / 593k
    • Sorry Not Sorry: 984k / 1M / 1.4M / 2.1M / 1.8M / 1.5M / 1.8M
  • Billboard Hot 100 Comparisons - 
    • Cool for the Summer - #36 (released during the week Billboard changed the chart system)
    • Sorry Not Sorry - #52 (3 days)
  • YouTube Views -

Image result for shook gif

What's even more impressive is the fact that Demi accomplished such a feat without much promo: house-parties, was placed on many Spotify playlists, no audio/video for one week, lyric video was placed on Instagram, had a banner on Pop iTunes, had a mini banner at the bottom of the general iTunes store, no radio deal during its first week, no televised performances, and very low expectations during release.  Will Lovato break the "This is Me" curse?  "This is Me" peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 and Demi has yet to out-peak "This is Me."

g8BvrKM.gif

vcq2hzY.gif

PS: DISNEY'S HOLY TRINITY REUNION

DFBzUbLW0AAl9fO.jpg

I think it will be hard to outpeak This Is Me, I wish it for her because the song is amazing but the BB Hot 100 is dominated by male artists this year and even getting in the top 10 is hard. :trisha: In a fair world SNS would be a top 5 hit!

I think this will be Demi's first Top 10 since "Heart Attack."  The general public is here for it, Lovatics are here for it, celebrities are here for it, your cat is here for it, God is here for it, EVERYONE's here for it!  If it doesn't, it'll be her team's fault and not her because this song is doing wonders for Demi on Spotify, YouTube, and iTunes, the three biggest outlets right now.  Plus, it was the most added song on radio and it continues to rise along with "No Promises."

DEMI TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC:

Related image

Related image