Sign in to follow this  
Dirkje

Forum Suggestions

Since there isnt a suggestions thread I decided to make one.

I really like this forum and you guys are doing a great job! But I do have a view suggestions.

I have this idea to give the verified members who represent a fan twitter page to give Moderation tools for the Stanbase section so they can manage their own stanbase thread and make sure they are updated from the latest news. 

To appreciate them, is it an idea to use their pages as mainsources to get our news from?

Also what about make the Popular Contributors shorter to the #10 and add a Top Posters #10? 

@QueenOfCrop @laracroftonline

12 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

Since there isnt a suggestions thread I decided to make one.

I really like this forum and you guys are doing a great job! But I do have a view suggestions.

I have this idea to give the verified members who represent a fan twitter page to give Moderation tools for the Stanbase section so they can manage their own stanbase thread and make sure they are updated from the latest news. 

To appreciate them, is it an idea to use their pages as mainsources to get our news from?

Also what about make the Popular Contributors shorter to the #10 and add a Top Posters #10? 

@QueenOfCrop @laracroftonline

I like this. Finally a list where I'm not a total flop. :wendy11:

Just now, Dirkje said:

Or just give them the tools to update the OPs. 

I'm sure this could make the section more active and interesting!

Yes, the OP edit thing would be better.

5 hours ago, Dirkje said:

Yes! I would love to be able to edit the OPs and stuff of all the Demi ones people started before me, but don't update.

I'm not really sure about the fixation of moderating tools for verified accounts. Like, the "verified account" requires you to have a well-known Twitter account. So what about accounts such as "Shady Music News" or "PopCrave"? They don't really belong to a certain stanbase and it would be unfair to give them advantage over other verified accounts simply because their materials include more than one singer. 

And... we don't know who would abuse their powers to edit out other Stanbase threads, as simply giving power to someone wouldn't seem reasonable. IMO, it's reckless to simply trust someone with power just because they're "popular".

AND if there are multiple threads about an artist, such as "Mariah Carey's Best Vocals" "Mariah Carey's Voice Over Time" made by different people, it is unfair to make verified people edit them to their preference while it is not their thread. It's wrong to interfere with someone's thread simply due to the popularity they have.

14 minutes ago, justcatchmedemi said:

Yes! I would love to be able to edit the OPs and stuff of all the Demi ones people started before me, but don't update.

Yes excactly! And if we do that it might be more interesting for other fanpages to come and represent their fave!

2 minutes ago, badgallaura said:

I'm not really sure about the fixation of moderating tools for verified accounts. Like, the "verified account" requires you to have a well-known Twitter account. So what about accounts such as "Shady Music News" or "PopCrave"? They don't really belong to a certain stanbase and it would be unfair to give them advantage over other verified accounts simply because their materials include more than one singer. 

And... we don't know who would abuse their powers to edit out other Stanbase threads, as simply giving power to someone wouldn't seem reasonable. IMO, it's reckless to simply trust someone with power just because they're "popular".

AND if there are multiple threads about an artist, such as "Mariah Carey's Best Vocals" "Mariah Carey's Voice Over Time" made by different people, it is unfair to make verified people edit them to their preference while it is not their thread. It's wrong to interfere with someone's thread simply due to the popularity they have.

I wouldn't say ALL threads - just the chart ones. Like albums, singles and base.

3 minutes ago, badgallaura said:

Sis I think its also a matter of trust. I dont think that if a fanpage is that known will do that. It would ruin their reputation anyways.