Sign in to follow this  
badgallaura

Pop Music's "Ranking"

I've passed by this image on Twitter and I have to say I 99% agree with it. Beyonce and Gaga combined didn't sell as much as Rihanna but Beyonce's impact since Destiny's Child and the ton of major awards she has speak on how she's a legend. Lady Gaga has been certified legendary since the early days, though only recently she has solidified that position. Her discography and awards and her avant-garde style speak a hefty weight on her success. Rihanna's success in selling millions after millions of records and hitting it big in the television and movies and her hundreds of awards are just as impacting.

Now, the only other artist that I'll add to the "Legendary" status, even though I'm not big on her, is Taylor Swift. Yes she only had one pop era, but she has a lot of major awards and has sold almost as much records as Beyonce and Gaga combined. Her impact on the country music is huge and she's the best album-selling artist so far AND has amazingly grossing tours. (Lol I credited Taylucifer more than my fave in this post)

EDIT: I also by now think Britney Spears should be in here. She has somewhat faded, but people still do consider her part of our generation. Her discography, tours, albums, and just her name herself speak volume on her monstrous fame.

Other than that, I think this list is comprehensive and fair enough. Do you agree with it?

DFBxWOfXsAAcb9H.jpg

Just now, badgallaura said:

I think only Demi should make it to the list. Lana and Lorde and Sia are known but I don't reallllly see any huge impact by them.

Sia - last woman to have a female-led no. 1 on BB H100, i think she does 

5 minutes ago, badgallaura said:

I've passed by this image on Twitter and I have to say I 99% agree with it. Beyonce and Gaga combined didn't sell as much as Rihanna but Beyonce's impact since Destiny's Child and the ton of major awards she has speak on how she's a legend. Lady Gaga has been certified legendary since the early days, though only recently she has solidified that position. Her discography and awards and her avant-garde style speak a hefty weight on her success. Rihanna's success in selling millions after millions of records and hitting it big in the television and movies and her hundreds of awards are just as impacting.

Now, the only other artist that I'll add to the "Legendary" status, even though I'm not big on her, is Taylor Swift. Yes she only had one pop era, but she has a lot of major awards and has sold almost as much records as Beyonce and Gaga combined. Her impact on the country music is huge and she's the best album-selling artist so far AND has amazingly grossing tours. (Lol I credited Taylucifer more than my fave in this post)

Other than that, I think this list is comprehensive and fair enough. Do you agree with it?

DFBxWOfXsAAcb9H.jpg

Uhm...

I would definitely say that Madonna&Britney should be at the category legendary

Both have such a huge impact for todays pop music and they are the Queen&Princess of Pop

Just now, TheBritArmys said:

Uhm...

I would definitely say that Madonna&Britney should be at the category legendary

Both have such a huge impact for todays pop music and they are the Queen&Princess of Pop

I agree! I just believe this list is for our current generation. Overall, I'm pretty sure they deserve it along with some others. Though Maybe Britney deserves to be in it for our generation as she's still somewhat important. I don't really know~

2 minutes ago, FlorianLovato said:

Sia - last woman to have a female-led no. 1 on BB H100, i think she does 

Eeehh, I know I know, but I personally don't see her as a celebrity people just gush over so much or iconize. Sure she has her stanbase like any other artist and sure she has a number one but I don't really see her impact to be considered a "main" pop girl yet. I'd give her one more album to solidify her status considering she hit it big since 1000 Forms of Fear thanks to Chandelier.

Just now, badgallaura said:

I agree! I just believe this list is for our current generation. Overall, I'm pretty sure they deserve it along with some others. Though Maybe Britney deserves to be in it for our generation as she's still somewhat important. I don't really know~

Agree with Madonna

Well...She is still huge cause she wrote Music History but she is now just famous for her high grossing tours

But at least Britney should be on the list cause she still has top 20 singles

And Make Me... also sold over 2.1 mio. copies WW,she was the winner of the night at the PCA 2017

She has the most viewed BBMA's performance on YT and she is the only female artist to have 8 albums with over 100 mio. streams

(Idk if Rihanna achieved it yet cause I know that one of her albums had not reached 100 mio. streams at the time where Britney broke that record)

1 minute ago, badgallaura said:

Eeehh, I know I know, but I personally don't see her as a celebrity people just gush over so much or iconize. Sure she has her stanbase like any other artist and sure she has a number one but I don't really see her impact to be considered a "main" pop girl yet. I'd give her one more album to solidify her status considering she hit it big since 1000 Forms of Fear thanks to Chandelier.

i get what you're talking about, but I guess "main pop girls" aren't just those scoring huge hits alone, but Sia's so successful with songwriting which spawned many many great hits - there's not any other artist like that 

2 minutes ago, Warrior Prince said:

Adele should be somewhere above the legendary section tbh. Maybe a god section for her. ? She's huge in EVERYTHING. Sales, streaming, radio, views. She's a fame monster.:beysass:

I see what you did there :ny1:

5 minutes ago, TheBritArmys said:

Agree with Madonna

Well...She is still huge cause she wrote Music History but she is now just famous for her high grossing tours

But at least Britney should be on the list cause she still has top 20 singles

And Make Me... also sold over 2.1 mio. copies WW,she was the winner of the night at the PCA 2017

She has the most viewed BBMA's performance on YT and she is the only female artist to have 8 albums with over 100 mio. streams

(Idk if Rihanna achieved it yet cause I know that one of her albums had not reached 100 mio. streams at the time where Britney broke that record)

True true. Britney deserves to be in this list.

3 minutes ago, Warrior Prince said:

Adele should be somewhere above the legendary section tbh. Maybe a god section for her. ? She's huge in EVERYTHING. Sales, streaming, radio, views. She's a fame monster.:beysass:

You're right about Adele being mentioned but not as legendary lol. She isn't evolving as an artist and continuously has issues with her tour dates because of vocal damages (due to poor technique but anyways) and all of her songs sound the same. Kudos to her for selling that much albums so far and yes her Grammys are amazing but she hasn't really done anything "groundbreaking". She is awards many major awards but she hasn't really touched me -personally- in terms of evolving as an artist or delivering material that solidifies her as a legend. She certainly will be there, I just don't see her in that position as of now.

2 minutes ago, Rumors said:

If Beyonce is in it, so should the likes of Britney, Madonna, Xtina and Pink :wendy6: They're technically from the same era, even though Beyonce was in the group.

And don't forget that Britney sold 140 mio. albums while Beyonce just sold 35 mio. albums.... :wendy14: