New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

SJWextinguisher

How did Leona Lewis go from Mariah to the 4th famous Braxton in two eras?

Like...everyone was saying she was the new Mariah around the release of "Bleeding Love" in the U.S. and her debut album sold 200k first week, she had a HUGE #1 Hot 100 hit...and then just a few years later she couldnt even release her third album in the US because she was so irrelevant lmao.

To be fair, singers like her shining is becoming a rare thing. Adele is a rarity and managed to pass the test of time. Leona has an amazing voice (though her technique isn't close to Mariah heh) but she's also old-fashioned. I don't see the industry about serving vocals anymore as it seems as a dead concept, and that's all what Leona had to offer I believe.

Leona has an amazing voice, and her career started well. Syco is absolute trash when it comes to treating and working with artists who are not One Direction. Her last couple of albums didn't really get the push they should have got. 

I think it's just an accumulation of things. I've read interviews with her where she said that Syco pushed for this and that, despite her not really wanting to take her career down that route. Glassheart happened in 2012 and then it all went to shit... people lost interest and she's struggled to claw it back. 

I'd like to see her do well. It's a mixture of bad management, a lack of promo, and the fact the GP doesn't really go for talent like Leona anymore.