Elusive Lambily

Why did Cheryl never try to release in the US???

Just now, Moist Mahomie said:

She went on X Factor to try and launch herself over there but no one knew who she was so Simon axed her

I know that, but I mean like release her music. She could've easily done that, and promoted. That's how people would come to know her...

A Million Lights was (from what I know) being recorded with the mindset of it being her American debut - X Factor US was to build her profile before they released music, similar to how her solo career in the UK began. When she was fired, the plans were scrapped.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Moist Mahomie said:

She went on X Factor to try and launch herself over there but no one knew who she was so Simon axed her

She got axed because Simon felt like she wasn't comfortable on the panel.... and I think because Nicole wanted to be on the panel and persuaded him....

Spoiler

EVERYONE IN THE US, GO BUY GIRLS ALOUD'S MUSIC!! :gaycat:

Just now, Adam said:

A Million Lights was (from what I know) being recorded with the mindset of it being her American debut - X Factor US was to build her profile before they released music, similar to how her solo career in the UK began. When she was fired, the plans were scrapped.

She deserved to slay here. Ugh..I wish she wasn't fired, as much as I like Nicole.

I hate that the X-Factor thing didn't work out for her bc she is really talented and I was hoping she coulda made a name for herself here. I'm not super familiar with her music (aside from a lil bit of GA) and I really wanted to get into it, a US release would have been great. 

She deserved better.

Her musics cheap and so is her image. She was fucking slaying during the 3 Words era with Fight For This Love but everything she’s done since then has been awful, she also lacks vocal talent. Like on Crazy Stupid Love she doesn’t even sound good and that’s in the studio with auto tune. She could have done well during the 3 Words era but she had no chance with everything else

:hoeanne: