New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

GiveUpLocalMix

Artists that get hall passes from SJWs for cultural appropriation?

3 minutes ago, TeamPiaMia said:

Take it from a black person cultural appropriation is such bullshit.Art is limitless.It's meant to offend and explore....nothings off limits. 

Image result for roll eyes gif

I hate  post Tumblr internet 

LOL i so agree. It actually angers me how much shit Iggy got for this so called "culture appropriation". She was literally just paying homage to indian culture.

2 minutes ago, Afcucastan said:

LOL i so agree. It actually angers me how much shit Iggy got for this so called "culture appropriation". She was literally just paying homage to indian culture.

Iggy's whole career was just wrong time wrong place.Their people with shitter music who have said shitter things(Justin Bieber saying Nigger) and still have a sucusseful career.I could see if her music was just downright horrible but it's not.That's why when people say "Oh I hate Iggy" I know they're just a fucking follower who ass eats anything spoon feed to them off twitter and tumblr.Iggy bullying is so 2013.

8 minutes ago, Afcucastan said:

Iggy got draggedT for indian dancing/imagery, yet Baby TRexha hasnt been dragged?

Damn son, why are you always trying to drag Bebe ? 

The above is actually not cultural appropriation. Bebe actually did a great job of showcasing and not appropriatig with the TWIA video. Bebe herself is not wearing any cultural costumes that aren't hers, trying to look "cool" by wearing a bindi or anything like that, she actually made a video that was related to the theme of the song. The song talks about wanting to dance, and Bebe brought real dancers from different cultures to showcase their beauty. 

Other artists use culturals as a style 

I get that you have something against Bebe but next time try to educate yourself on what cultural appropriation is beforing pretending to care about it just so you can drag her

:wendy7:

I love Bebe but a true artist doesn't say "I can't do this" for the sake of someone.Real artist do what they feel even when it's not right!She's not an artist , she's worried about making money and offending as few consumers as possible.Y'all need to look through the smoke and mirrors 

Image result for it's all bullshit gif

32 minutes ago, TeamPiaMia said:

I love Bebe but a true artist doesn't say "I can't do this" for the sake of someone.Real artist do what they feel even when it's not right!She's not an artist , she's worried about making money and offending as few consumers as possible.Y'all need to look through the smoke and mirrors 

Image result for it's all bullshit gif

......or she's just trying to be respectful? She's not trying to mock a whole group of people and their beliefs, like she's literally wants to be a decent human being. I don't know about your fave, but that's literally what Bebe's artistry is based off of: respecting everyone's humanity. 

And if you think being respectful is shallow you need to re-evaluate 

3 minutes ago, naughtybleta said:

......or she's just trying to be respectful? She's not trying to mock a whole group of people and their beliefs, like she's literally wants to be a decent human being. I don't about your fave, but that's literally what Bebe's artistry is based off of: respecting everyone's humanity. 

And if you think being respectful is shallow you need to re-evaluate 

But the truth is you don't respect EVERYONE.You don't love EVERYONE.You never not lie to EVERYONE.As a human we are flawed and pop culture is missing that human aspect in music. TF where would we be if Madonna,Michael,Prince,The Beatles,ect all walked on egg shells.There nothing wrong with good but bad does exist and if you can't explore the duality of both your not an artist you're a brand...

Nicki gets a hall pass, but then again she stays in her lane :wendy11:

12 minutes ago, TeamPiaMia said:

But the truth is you don't respect EVERYONE.You don't love EVERYONE.You never not lie to EVERYONE.As a human we are flawed and pop culture is missing that human aspect in music. TF where would we be if Madonna,Michael,Prince,The Beatles,ect all walked on egg shells.There nothing wrong with good but bad does exist and if you can't explore the duality of both your not an artist you're a brand...

Ok I get the idea of exploring the good and bad of oneself....

but celebrating being disrespectful towards others ????? Is that something you promote ??

:wendy10:

1 minute ago, Afcucastan said:

You mean she stays in Lil Kim's lane :cuca9: 

Who's Lil Kim? 

I'm all for artist expressing their "artistic views" if that's that you want to call it or "artistry", but there's dos and don't. You can't say cultural appropriation is bullshit because that's not true. Many people take their cultural to heart. Not saying that artist is wrong, but if you're willing to take that risk go right ahead and b prepared for the backlash.

3 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

I remember Beyonce got a hall pass by some for Hymn for the Weekend because she is black.

It is either both Coldplay and Beyonce were appropriating or neither of them were.

Beyoncé didn't get no damn hall pass are you living under a rock?

6 minutes ago, naughtybleta said:

Ok I get the idea of exploring the good and bad of oneself....

but celebrating being disrespectful towards other ????? Is that something you promote ??

:wendy10:

Nobody's celebrating anything but allowing!Nowadays you gotta be Pro this and Pro that and not too sad.Poor Amy Winehouse would have been to raw for the industry to accept this day in age.I'm promoting actually having an opinion and not ass eating

1 minute ago, Maren Swift said:

I remember people clearly twitter-ranting that Beyonce couldn't culturally appropriate because she is black and therefore not privileged enough to. My rock is always leaved up.

"twitter ranting" when there's all these articles by major websites and publishing that dragged her for filth for a video that wasn't hers. The director and production was apart of the cultural. :wendy10: