Jump to content
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Simon

Can you love pop but hate Gaga?

Recommended Posts

Something that's been on my mind a lot lately: can you truly be a fan of pop music but hate Lady Gaga?

 

Lady Gaga has, at one time or another, done the following:

 

- released some of the biggest and best pop songs ever

- served iconic looks and been the highlight of many a red carpet

- won many awards and has been the centre of award shows

- released The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way (ENOUGH SAID)

- supported almost every pop star and received support back

- had amazing tours, which were pop spectacles, from The Fame Ball to the artRAVE

- serves vocals, dance moves, plays instruments, great props, amazing outfits and captivating stage presence all in one concert

- doesn't pretend to be perfect and always says and does what she wants even if it could affect her career negatively

 

...and so much more.

 

Is there a real reason to hate Lady Gaga?

 

Do pop fans who claim to hate her only say that because they're fans of one of her perceived rivals (Britney, Katy)?

 

What are your thoughts?

 

Weigh in below.

 

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leona Lewis said:

Some people just don't like her music it's not that deep

 

"pop culture enthusiast"

 

*hates Lady Gaga, a leader of pop music and pop culture*

 

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pop stans hated her because of how big she was back then :cuca5: 

The GP hated her because she was so controversial and a "madonna copy cat" :cuca5: 

In the end the controversies destroyed her image to the decay we saw on ARTPOP :cuca5: 

:and regained the good image with Joanne :cuca5: 

 

I stan ha to death but her unpredictability is a double edged sword :jan1: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leona Lewis said:

Don't connect with her music =\= hate her. 

Okay, then, in that case, my question doesn't apply to people who simply don't like her music. It's for people who claim to worship pop culture but also say they genuinely hate Lady Gaga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same could be said about Britney and Xtina being the pioneers of pop music when it was dying out

 

Yet people stay hating on them

 

It's not that deep, it doesn't mean you're not a fan of pop if certain artists aren't your cup of tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rumors said:

The same could be said about Britney and Xtina being the pioneers of pop music when it was dying out

 

Yet people stay hating on them

 

It's not that deep, it doesn't mean you're not a fan of pop if certain artists aren't your cup of tea.

People only ever hate(d) on those two because of bullshit "stan politics", which is also part of my question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Simon said:

People only ever hate(d) on those two because of bullshit "stan politics", which is also part of my question. 

IMO, a lot of it really does have to do with stan politics. There are those hardcore stans that try and discredit the others to make their fave better, but some are lowkey fans but just don't wanna say it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Pop stans hated her because of how big she was back then :cuca5: 

The GP hated her because she was so controversial and a "madonna copy cat" :cuca5: 

In the end the controversies destroyed her image to the decay we saw on ARTPOP :cuca5: 

:and regained the good image with Joanne :cuca5: 

 

I stan ha to death but her unpredictability is a double edged sword :jan1: 

 

Yeah, Joanne may not be every pop stan's cup of tea, which is understandable, since it's not that poppy, but her first four albums are the definition of pop music, so pop stans who claim to hate her and everything she stands for baffle me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Simon said:

 

Yeah, Joanne may not be every pop star's cup of tea, which is understandable, since it's not that poppy, but her first four albums are the definition of pop music, so pop stans who claim to hate her and everything she stands for baffle me.

Not really. The Fame and TFM are the only real pop albums she has. BTW isn't for your Selena or Taylor or other basic pop girl stans, because its not poppy. ARTPOP is a whole different behemoth of incohesive music to which I bop but cannot be considered "pop" music. And Joanne is her most radio friendly album since TFM when you think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Believe In Furler said:

Yeah. You can dislike Gaga's music but still like pop what a stupid fucking question. Gaga's music is pretty much her own sub-genre of Pop music.

The question was hardly stupid. Gaga is one of the biggest names in pop music history - loving pop but hating (read: HATING; not even appreciating) makes zero sense. That would be like claiming to love drama as a television series while being an avid Desperate Housewives hater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Simon said:

The question was hardly stupid. Gaga is one of the biggest names in pop music history - loving pop but hating (read: HATING; not even appreciating) makes zero sense. That would be like claiming to love drama as a television series while being an avid Desperate Housewives hater. 

Girl, just because you don't like ONE of the hundreds of artists out there doesn't mean you can't like the entire genre :jan3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KarenFromFinance said:

Girl, just because you don't like ONE of the hundreds of artists out there doesn't mean you can't like the entire genre :jan3: 

Gaga isnt Just one of hundreds. She's a front liner.  She's someone who innovated the genre and took it to another level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Not really. The Fame and TFM are the only real pop albums she has. BTW isn't for your Selena or Taylor or other basic pop girl stans, because its not poppy. ARTPOP is a whole different behemoth of incohesive music to which I bop but cannot be considered "pop" music. And Joanne is her most radio friendly album since TFM when you think about it.

:jan1::jan3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Simon said:

The question was hardly stupid. Gaga is one of the biggest names in pop music history - loving pop but hating (read: HATING; not even appreciating) makes zero sense. That would be like claiming to love drama as a television while being an avid Desperate Housewives hater. 

Personally, I do love Drama on TV (although the genre is very broad now) but i fucking hate Desperate Housewives. There is more than black and white. The acting, writing, production, are all factors in a shows SUCCESS and sets it apart from different shows. If everything went by your thinking it would be a stalemate at every Oscars and Emmys because apparently all shows/movies are the same.

On the point of Gaga, sure you used 'Hate' but there are so many different aspects of Pop music than just Gaga. More alternative, more 'rock' like pop music, 80's pop music etc. You cannot bundle them all together like i state above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×