Sign in to follow this  
Drewbby

COP Film Reviews

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

UGH I'm so excited for this :shookga:

Yes go see it! It deserves a theater experience, it's really in my top 3 this year.

Even if you find the first half "try-hard controversial" the second half feels like an entirely different movie!

Just now, Barbie said:

Yes go see it! It deserves a theater experience, it's really in my top 3 this year.

Even if you find the first half "try-hard controversial" the second half feels like an entirely different movie!

There is more chance of the second coming of christ then this movie being shown in Australia, i normally have to wait till they're released digitally in the US - Thoroughbreds isn't even released here full stop :shookga:

• Love 1

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

There is more chance of the second coming of christ then this movie being shown in Australia, i normally have to wait till they're released digitally in the US - Thoroughbreds isn't even released here full stop :shookga:

Soon as the blu ray mp4 file leaks ill send you a link :gretchen13:

• Upvote 1

Image result for picnic at hanging rock gif

I recently watched an Australian classic Picnic at Hanging Rock

It's set in 1900 at an all girls school who go on a day trip picnic out to a place called Hanging Rock in Victoria. A group of the girls and a teacher end up missing, disappearing without a trace. The film then follows the events after the disappearance, the school community, teachers and community.

It was made a fair while ago but doesn't feel dated since it was set in the past when it was made, I really recommend some of ya'll check it out if it sounds interesting to you. I'm going to post some spoilers below so if you have seen it or just wanna know what happens have a look

There is also a new limited series based on it that's on Prime Video that i'm going to have to check out

So first things first, we never find out what happened to the girls, ever. I love how the ending is very open-ended, personally i believe the film has something very supernatural about it and all throughout the film they have these menacing shots of this terrifying rock that make you feel really uneasy. Examples such as the watches of the teachers freezing at 12o'clock near the rock is another indicator of this, there is a real commentary on time and how long the rock has existed. It could also be a metaphor for young female sexuality and how the turn of the century is bringing in a new era of females trying to break out of the social barriers of women at the time... Honestly i dunno what the fuck happened but it's been lingering in my head for a week now.  

ALSO. This movie is fucking GORGEOUS. The outfits, the cinematgraphy is just stunning.

Image result for picnic at hanging rock gif

• Upvote 1

I haven't posted anything in here and so long omg lemme do my last theatrical watch. 

220px-My_Hero_Academia_-_Two_Heroes_poster.jpg

My Hero Academia: The Movie - Two Heroes

5/5

My Hero Academia is a Japanese Anime that takes place in a universe where almost everyone is born with some kind of super power, Quirks as they call them. The story follows Izuku Midoriya, a young boy who was super passionate about becoming a hero only to find out that he was born Quirkless. After meeting his biggest inspiration and the #1 hero, All Might, he learns that there's a way for him to obtain a quirk. Midoriya ends up enrolling in the most prestigious hero school in Japan and makes friends (and enemies) very quickly. All Might and Deku accept an invitation to visit a floating man-made city called I Island where they meet a girl and battle against a villain who takes the island hostage. The show and film is based off of the Manga of the same name and it's become a gigantic hit. Both domestically and overseas. The movie released in Japan on August 3, 2018 and on September 25, 2018. The film has done surprisingly well in the box office. AS of September 30, the movie has made $3,934,746 and it still has two more days for it's theatrical run. 

Now, I'm incredibly bias towards this as a movie. The show has become one of my all-time favorites, so naturally getting to see it on the big screen was a huge treat. It DID feel like a very extended episode of the show, but that's not a bad thing. The action was mind-blowing. The jokes were amazing. It slowly builds up so that way if you happened to have never watched the show but ended up watching the movie, you wouldn't be completely lost or confused. If anything, the characters relationships would just be a bit confusing, but that's besides the point. I was cheering with everyone else when characters were introduced. During the final fight scene we were all on the edge of seats, gasping and clapping and yelling. It was an unforgettable experience and a phenomenally amazing film.  Izuku Midoriya is gonna take out Thanos himself. 

PLUS ULTRA ! 

• Upvote 2

halloween-mainstagemobile-5ad8bb6d8f13a-1.jpg

Halloween Review (gay edition)

Okay this review is gonna be really scattered because I just back from seeing it and I'm still shook hunty!

This movie was so FEMINIST y'all. I mean there's usually a huge feminist aspect to horror in general because the main character is usually a woman, but this movie was SO meta with it. I really enjoyed Jamie Lee Curtis in this as well as Judy Greer, two gay icons (solely by being iconic) and of course, daddy michael myers. He was pretty scary looking in this, but still, Halloween isn't a scary movie :britbye: 

In fact, it's a good time! Go with your gays to see this, you will be shook at how badass the women are, which brings me to why I call this a feminist ass movie :britbye: 

The men in this movie were practically useless, each male character was either mad dumb, or just incompetent. The women on the other hand, OH HENNY :honey:

They turned Michael's pussy OUT! I feel bad for his hole because of how much Jamie Lee Curtis obliterated it in the end. 

If you are looking for gore, this film does not disappoint. Some of the chase scenes and deaths are off screen but sometimes just imagining it is better than actually seeing it, kinda like dicks from your high school crushes :thinkga:

And I think the Jamie Lee Curtis getting revenge aspect was teased a little too much in the trailers because she's pretty much only 70% of this movie, and the other 30% is Michael going on a killing spree (which is fine, stab my hole king :wendy13:)

One thing I didn't like was the dialogue, there is a scene where cops are in a car talking about what they are eating for lunch, and it literally ends the scene with them just eating. It's so unnecessary and boring :jan4:
There is actually a lot of moments like this, useless parts and weird conversations.

Overall it's a great movie. I think a lot of people went way too hard on this film but I also feel like they were just triggered about all the female ass kicking in the movie. Bruised ego much?

3/5 stars

• Upvote 3

Image result for cam movie

Movie: CAM

Rate: 7/10

I just finished this movie, i really enjoyed it, it's something else for the horror/thriller genre, good story, sexy shots. good cinematography, i really enjoyed it, now i wanna do live chats xD. The girl played really good, there was a scene in the movie that was so awkard, I- , i wanted to hide because I WAS embarassed by the situation xD. There are a few things that annoyed me, like she could have handled the situation better, but overall a good movie. 

• Upvote 2

Still Alice (2014)

MV5BMjIzNzAxNjY1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg4ODQxMzE@._V1_.jpg

Alice is a highly regarded professor at an ivy league school who soon discovers she is living with an early form of Alzheimers disease. As someone who is known for her intellect and knowledge, Alice struggles to cope with the disease, due to the progressive deterioration of her memory. The film also depicts the impact that this illness has on her family, who must come to terms with the serious changes in their loved one. 

I  found this movie to be really heartbreaking and I think Moore did an amazing job playing Alice. Personally, I connected the film to my grandma. Even though she doesn't have Alzheimers, she has something called Parkinsons which gradually reduced her mobility to the point where she is now bed bound. Since she lived with our family for years, seeing her slowly go from a cheerful, active woman to the state she is now has been kinda hard so I could relate a bit to the struggles of Alice's family. 

8/10 :heart:

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Roobz said:

I just finished this movie, i really enjoyed it, it's something else for the horror/thriller genre, good story, sexy shots. good cinematography, i really enjoyed it, now i wanna do live chats xD. The girl played really good, there was a scene in the movie that was so awkard, I- , i wanted to hide because I WAS embarassed by the situation xD. There are a few things that annoyed me, like she could have handled the situation better, but overall a good movie. 

Theres some really creepy parts in this movie like the Baby side story and the final fight, I'm so glad there was a happy ending cause the whole movie STRESSED :oprah6: ME  :oprah6: OUT  :oprah6:

2 hours ago, The Boy said:

Still Alice (2014)

Alice is a highly regarded professor at an ivy league school who soon discovers she is living with an early form of Alzheimers disease. As someone who is known for her intellect and knowledge, Alice struggles to cope with the disease, due to the progressive deterioration of her memory. The film also depicts the impact that this illness has on her family, who must come to terms with the serious changes in their loved one. 

I  found this movie to be really heartbreaking and I think Moore did an amazing job playing Alice. Personally, I connected the film to my grandma. Even though she doesn't have Alzheimers, she has something called Parkinsons which gradually reduced her mobility to the point where she is now bed bound. Since she lived with our family for years, seeing her slowly go from a cheerful, active woman to the state she is now has been kinda hard so I could relate a bit to the struggles of Alice's family. 

I'm glad you liked the movie, Julianne deserved her Oscar for this film for SURE. It's one of my favorite movies but I can only watch it once lmao it was really scary.. I'd hate for it to happen to me :( 

• Love 1

23 hours ago, The Boy said:

Still Alice (2014)

A MOVIE TBH.

20 hours ago, Barbie said:

Theres some really creepy parts in this movie like the Baby side story and the final fight, I'm so glad there was a happy ending cause the whole movie STRESSED :oprah6: ME  :oprah6: OUT  :oprah6:

I'm glad you liked the movie, Julianne deserved her Oscar for this film for SURE. It's one of my favorite movies but I can only watch it once lmao it was really scary.. I'd hate for it to happen to me :( 

I see alot of people didn't enjoy it, i actually liked it!

• Upvote 2

On 11/18/2018 at 3:18 AM, Roobz said:

Watched this a few weeks ago and it's just ok tbh, great premise but it could've been pushed way further

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Believe In Furler said:

Watched this a few weeks ago and it's just ok tbh, great premise but it could've been pushed way further

there are rumours that they are gonna make a second one :bopga:

MV5BMjA5NTIwNDc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTEx

No Score/5

Going to just copy and paste my Letterboxd review, ain't worth the time to spin up a new review

I'm really not sure if I liked this or not, it's like Cam that I watched last month, it has merits but there is just something off about it. At this point I just can't give it a score

There is some iconic shots throughout and the house invasion scene is great but there is just this emptiness and by the end I didn't give a fuck what happened to the characters, I hardly even knew their names.

Also I don't normally care about a political message but it was pushed so hard that it just became laughable.. Love the girl power and feminist legends but it just didn't work in the way the film makers obviously wanted it to.

I'm probably not being harsh enough because most of this movie is trash dribble but I can't lie I had fun in a few spots, but not often.

Also why the fuck was this directed by a man??????!?

They tried so hard to make it a cult hit though, although i do admit i lowkey wanna gender bend those red coats :beycute:

• Upvote 1

serenity.jpg.f070075f5064a6a1e97f121d77db6668.jpg

I heard this movie had an insane twist, so I went to see it and umm wtf this movie is so weird and the twist is laughably bad. 40/100.

Spoiler

Basically the whole thing is a video game. i don't feel like going into depth rn. But Ya'll need to see this movie because you won't believe it until you see it.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for hereditary

5/5

I was so fucking scared to see this movie that i almost didn't go. I'm so glad i went. What a freaking amazing film.

It's a very slow burning movie, which i enjoy, but the payoff after sitting through the build up is just mind boggling. It has to be the most disturbing 30 minutes i've ever sat through. It honestly holds up to other horror masterpieces such as The Exorcist and Silence of the Lambs. Toni Collette is incredible along with the entire cast (ALEX WOLFF IS SO HOT SKSKS)

If you do go see this movie, don't read up anything about it. It's a film for Horror genre fans NOT people looking for a conventional jumpscare fest, it's TRUE horror.

I loved this movie, saw it twice. 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, Roobz said:

Image result for winchester

5/10

When i first heard about this movie, i was excited, the story of this one when it was released, sounded SO GOOD. Next came the trailer, i was hyped to see it, but after that trailer, the hype for me died down a little. It was a little bit "meh". So last night i watched this. The story is still good, they didn't put it on a screen that well, i feel like EVEN Helen was medicore on this one. All the actors seemed like they didn't know what to do with the story, the shots are pretty good, the scares, typical '10s scares, JUMPSCARES, SOUNDS, more JUMPSCARES. I felt bored at alot of points from the movie and at one point even the jumpscares are not working anymore. One of the worst horror movies i saw this year.

I was very underwhelmed by this also. 

On 7/7/2018 at 9:25 AM, Drewbby said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Movie Poster

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

2/5

I actually saw this movie on opening night, and have seen way better movies since then that I could review. However, this movie needs to be addressed. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a hot ass boring mess of a film. Where do I even start? The biggest issues I had with the previous entry was the characters. They just weren't likable at all. You could argue that Own (Chris Pratt) was charming. Especially with his relationship with Blue. That's practically the one redeeming quality that this film has. The relationship between Owen and the dinos and Claire's passion for trying to do the right thing drive the film as best as they can. What really bring this film down is the TERRIBLE writing, odd editing, and the fact that not a single character was EVER in danger. They were ALWAYS saved, and most of the time it was just stupid. There's a subplot that literally should've shifted the entire tone of the film, but it disappeared literally as it was spoken. 

Also, the absolute misuse of Jeff Goldblum is criminal and NOT okay. This was a major waste of my time. 

I agree, this was a bad movie.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:44 PM, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for blackkklansman

4.5/5

Saw this today, awesome film. Hilarious yet deeply unsettling. It's a fucking horror film and comedy all in one.

Based on a true story about a Black Cop who infiltrates and joins the KKK...Yeah.. It's wild.

Anyway, go see this, i have so much praise for it and while i'm here.. Donald Trump is a KKK and white supremacist sympathizer.

Finally got to see this last week, I really enjoyed it. 

On 9/10/2018 at 4:34 PM, Roobz said:

Calugarita: Misterul de la manastire Poster

The Nun

I had super high hopes for this movie and i am a little disappointed by it, people talked about it before the release like crazy, they had some pretty good promo for it, the rumours or true story about the trailer being deleted from youtube because it's to scary, the promotion from the people who made it saying that is the darkest chapter from the Conjuring family... all pointed to being THE HORROR film of the year... and then it arrived...

Even before i saw it, i started to see people saying that it's not as good as expected, a letdown or even bad. The joy to want to see it started to go down a little and it went even more down after i saw it... 

ALOT and i mean ALOT ALOT of jump-scares, but at least one of them worked for everyone that i talked to about the film (mine was one involving hands and doors), the story is FULL of plot holes, the way to end Valak is stupid and i wonder why the nuns didn't think of this... such an annoying thing, Franchy was a little annoying (but the actor is so hot), the story is pretty basic and the only real good i can talk about is the cinematography and colors of the movie + effects. It was ok, but disappointing considering it was one of the most awaited horror movies of the year.

2.5/5

Disappointing, Was just bad. I was bored watching it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1