Sign in to follow this  
Drewbby

COP Film Reviews

Image result for hereditary

5/5

I was so fucking scared to see this movie that i almost didn't go. I'm so glad i went. What a freaking amazing film.

It's a very slow burning movie, which i enjoy, but the payoff after sitting through the build up is just mind boggling. It has to be the most disturbing 30 minutes i've ever sat through. It honestly holds up to other horror masterpieces such as The Exorcist and Silence of the Lambs. Toni Collette is incredible along with the entire cast (ALEX WOLFF IS SO HOT SKSKS)

If you do go see this movie, don't read up anything about it. It's a film for Horror genre fans NOT people looking for a conventional jumpscare fest, it's TRUE horror.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Image result for winchester

5/10

When i first heard about this movie, i was excited, the story of this one when it was released, sounded SO GOOD. Next came the trailer, i was hyped to see it, but after that trailer, the hype for me died down a little. It was a little bit "meh". So last night i watched this. The story is still good, they didn't put it on a screen that well, i feel like EVEN Helen was medicore on this one. All the actors seemed like they didn't know what to do with the story, the shots are pretty good, the scares, typical '10s scares, JUMPSCARES, SOUNDS, more JUMPSCARES. I felt bored at alot of points from the movie and at one point even the jumpscares are not working anymore. One of the worst horror movies i saw this year.

• Upvote 2

Purge Review

v1.bjsxOTY5Mjc3O2o7MTc3OTc7MTIwMDsxODkzO

If any of my friends want to click this link and read all of the butthurt white people reviews on CISDMB I would highly recommend taking any of these “reviews” with a grain of salt,

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6133466/reviews?ref_=m_tt_urv

not only is The First Purge a great installment in the franchise, this is also the best. The purge movies always follow the same formula but no two are the same, this one stands out because of it’s unique setting and likable characters and I feel like it’s being trashed just because of the political backstory, which makes zero sense considering the purge movies have ALWAYS been political, the focus has just been on white families and characters so they must not have noticed. But thr first is literally about a gang of priveleged prepschool kids hunting down a black man and a family sheltering him which brings them into the mix. 

But hows the actual movie? I had a great time watching it, not once did I find it slow and unlike the first 3 the acting is decent and the story isn’t as far fetched. I found some parts terrifying solely based on how realistic some of the events are, it’s not hard to imagine ex mercenaries being hired by the government to wipe out POC and the final act pays off with lots of bloodshed and action. There were some cheesy CGI blood here and there and lots of stock market sounds that were obviously used but all in all it was a really fun and empowering movie, we need more black main characters in horror! 4/5

• Upvote 1

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Movie Poster

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

2/5

I actually saw this movie on opening night, and have seen way better movies since then that I could review. However, this movie needs to be addressed. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a hot ass boring mess of a film. Where do I even start? The biggest issues I had with the previous entry was the characters. They just weren't likable at all. You could argue that Own (Chris Pratt) was charming. Especially with his relationship with Blue. That's practically the one redeeming quality that this film has. The relationship between Owen and the dinos and Claire's passion for trying to do the right thing drive the film as best as they can. What really bring this film down is the TERRIBLE writing, odd editing, and the fact that not a single character was EVER in danger. They were ALWAYS saved, and most of the time it was just stupid. There's a subplot that literally should've shifted the entire tone of the film, but it disappeared literally as it was spoken. 

Also, the absolute misuse of Jeff Goldblum is criminal and NOT okay. This was a major waste of my time. 

• Upvote 2

Image result for mamma mia here we go again

4/5

I've been listening to ABBA my whole life, my mother and father are huge ABBA fans and we just grew up listening to all their amazing songs, so naturally this was a family affair.

The film; it's freaking fun. The first act is pretty disappointing, it just felt flat. The songs were forced, the storyline about how Donna met the three lovers was totally rushed, it just felt weird. I was saying to myself 'am I really about to hate this movie?' and was fully prepared to give this at most a 2 1/2 rating.

I can pinpoint the EXACT moments that turned my crappy rating into a 4 star. Christine Baranski and Julie Walters. They come on screen half way in the movie and light this shit UP! They are freaking FANTASTIC and completely saved it. Then it goes straight into the Dancing Queen dance party, rolling into Amanda Seyfried PERFECTLY stepping into Meryl's shoes and the, while corny, excellent duet of Cher and Andy Garcia.

I was actually crying at the end, how freaking FUN. That's what this movie is, it's FUN. Not only is the music amazing but the acting really wasn't all that bad. Most of the theatre was clapping and cheering at the end, a job well done.

Don't go in expecting PEAK cinema, this is for people who want to just have some god damn fun.

Also, LILY JAMES IS THE DEFINITION OF BEAUTY

• Love 2

My Unfriended: Dark Web review :asmrchew3:

I had low expectations going into this movie, but it ended up being a really intense thriller about real life horror. The first unfriended is a dark supernatueal thriller with some pretty disturbing kills and well utilized scares from it’s webcam POV setting throughout the movie (one character is possessed by being frozen and the friends think her videochat is just buffering but they see the girls phone vibrate into frame and that’s when they realize their friend is literally just staring at them lifeless and not moving, it’s a scary effect because not only did the friends not expect this to be real but a typical video buff, and expected it to unfreeze and see their friend as her normal self but instead drops dead) so the sequel decided to steer clear of all that stuff.

The movie is about the dark web and how people sell videos of people getting killed for money, and when our main character finds a laptop from the cafe he works at he is pulled into this world along with his friends. What makes this movie scary is how these people are probably real and could definitely do something like this through hacking, but maybe it just spooked me because I have that fear of people watching me through my webcam.

The movie has way more likable characters than the first I really didn’t want any of them to die! The kills aren’t as gory or showed at all tbh but they are creative and I’ll leave it at.

I think this movie will get negative reviews from people who haven’t even seen it just cause they think mainstream horror produces nothing but garbage, and that’s incredibly annoying. That is not the case here and it’s a solid thriller with a realistic approach rather than supernatural, so you can’t say they are the same. I know some reviewers said they are good with technology so a lot of it is unbelievable but honestly you have to suspend your believability a bit in the first place for these types of movies :raven1:

7/10

-not scary

-pretty disturbing and realistic though

-likable diverse characters

-crap ending

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Jailbait (2014) is an AWESOME movie on Netflix 

If you like shows like OITNB you'll definitely like this.

Basically a woman goes to prison for killing someone who was trying to kill her first and a bunch of crazy shit happens to her while she's in jail. Lots of drug use, lesbian sex, fights.

Anyways, totally recommend!

Just now, Lizzy Grant said:

Jailbait (2014) is an AWESOME movie on Netflix 

If you like shows like OITNB you'll definitely like this.

Basically a woman goes to prison for killing someone who was trying to kill her first and a bunch of crazy shit happens to her while she's in jail. Lots of drug use, lesbian sex, fights.

Anyways, totally recommend!

I started it and never finished it, not that it was bad, but I need to finish it after reading this review :shookga: I’m shook that this movie was made by the same company as sharknado lol :shookga:

• Love 1

Image result for blackkklansman

4.5/5

Saw this today, awesome film. Hilarious yet deeply unsettling. It's a fucking horror film and comedy all in one.

Based on a true story about a Black Cop who infiltrates and joins the KKK...Yeah.. It's wild.

Anyway, go see this, i have so much praise for it and while i'm here.. Donald Trump is a KKK and white supremacist sympathizer.

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for blackkklansman

4.5/5

Saw this today, awesome film. Hilarious yet deeply unsettling. It's a fucking horror film and comedy all in one.

Based on a true story about a Black Cop who infiltrates and joins the KKK...Yeah.. It's wild.

Anyway, go see this, i have so much praise for it and while i'm here.. Donald Trump is a KKK and white supremacist sympathizer.

You had me at masked horror film, I sensed this was way more than a dark comedy, and this is real horror to experience. I think I’m gonna give this a chance

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

So it's not HORROR, but the subject matter is basically a nightmare, if you get what i mean

I understood you by your original post :) I think situations that characters are in that you personally wouldn’t want to be in are considered horror, whatever genre the movie leans towards, horror is always a good word to describe a movie

• Love 1

On 6/5/2018 at 4:33 AM, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for 2001 a space odyssey poster

15/10

I've been putting off watching this movie for ages thinking i needed to be in a mood for it, honestly, i'm disappointing that i didn't watch this earlier.

This is, in my opinion (and for that matter a lot of peoples opinion) the best movie ever made. Period.

The cinematography, the gorgeous space scenes and timeless costumes and outfits akin with the 1960's when the film was actually shot. It's a fucking masterpiece and further reaffirms Stanley Kubrick as one of the best directors and film makers of all time.

Image result for 2001 a space odyssey beautiful shots

Image result for 2001 a space odyssey beautiful shots

This is one of my favorite films! Have you gotten to see other films in Stanley Kubrick's filmography. My personal favorite from him is A Clockwork Orange!

• Upvote 1

a9e9df70a603cdd5436b1d62cf4cee0c.jpg

This has been and always shall be my favorite film. I was a few months shy of 2 years old when this film came out and it was the first time I'd ever seen a movie in a theater. And though it may sound hard to believe, I remember seeing this film for the first time. In the 16 years that have followed, this film has stuck by me. I watch whenever I'm feeling sad, feeling angry, feeling hopeless. There's just something about it that makes me feel like I'm home.

This film achieved an almost impossible task: it convinced an entire generation of kids that we don't have to be afraid of what could be under our bed or in our closets. This film genuinely took the idea of the monsters that scare children and presented them just like us. They humanized those creatures that kept us up at night. It showed us that they had fears to and that they had the capacity to love and the capacity to cry and the capacity to be confused and unsure. 

One thing about this film not many notice is that also normalizes the idea of adoption. Boo comes into Monstropolis and Sulley comes to be her protector and her friend. For young kids that are adopted, this shows them that just because the parent isn't their blood relative, they'll stand by you and love you and protect you no matter what. 

This film just...it's one of those things where you just feel so warm inside watching it. If you've not seen it, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch this film!

5000000/5

• Upvote 1

Calugarita: Misterul de la manastire Poster

The Nun

I had super high hopes for this movie and i am a little disappointed by it, people talked about it before the release like crazy, they had some pretty good promo for it, the rumours or true story about the trailer being deleted from youtube because it's to scary, the promotion from the people who made it saying that is the darkest chapter from the Conjuring family... all pointed to being THE HORROR film of the year... and then it arrived...

Even before i saw it, i started to see people saying that it's not as good as expected, a letdown or even bad. The joy to want to see it started to go down a little and it went even more down after i saw it... 

ALOT and i mean ALOT ALOT of jump-scares, but at least one of them worked for everyone that i talked to about the film (mine was one involving hands and doors), the story is FULL of plot holes, the way to end Valak is stupid and i wonder why the nuns didn't think of this... such an annoying thing, Franchy was a little annoying (but the actor is so hot), the story is pretty basic and the only real good i can talk about is the cinematography and colors of the movie + effects. It was ok, but disappointing considering it was one of the most awaited horror movies of the year.

2.5/5

• Upvote 2

So I saw Roma last week at the Toronto International Film Festival and it was such a refreshing piece of art. Everything was amazingly shot and it felt hallucinogenic and pure. This movie cleansed my soul and I'm so happy it's coming out on Netflix. Watch it on the biggest screen possible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Starburst said:

So I saw Roma last week at the Toronto International Film Festival and it was such a refreshing piece of art. Everything was amazingly shot and it felt hallucinogenic and pure. This movie cleansed my soul and I'm so happy it's coming out on Netflix. Watch it on the biggest screen possible.

YoU WeNt tO TIFF OMG SIS UGH im so excited for Roma

MV5BMjA5NTIwNDc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTEx

My review on Assassination Nation: 4/5 Stars

For fans of: Horror, thriller, Suspense, and dark Comedy movies

Similar movies: Mean Girls, Heathers, The Purge, Spring Breakers

Assassination Nation is a "modern" take on the Salem witch trials, which, coincidentally takes place in Salem. Once a hacker starts exposing deep secrets from the townspeople ranging from the mayor to the principal to the students, all hell breaks loose. And when main protagonist Lily along with her 3 girlfriends are blamed, they find themselves fighting for their lives.

I loved every minute of this film, the cinematography was not only stylish but necessary, avoiding borderline pretentious arthouse that leaves you feeling robbed. If you are going in for the violence, you won't get much of til half way into the film, but when it does come, it is a very satisfying and adrenaline filled rush. That's not to say I didn't feel exhausted from this film by the time we reached the last 5 minutes, but only because this story took quite a bit to spiral out of control that by the time sh*t hits the fan, you are left feeling quite full with what you are fed in the final act. I say this because if you are expecting those 4 girls to absolutely obliterate a whole mob of angry people, you will be disappointed to hear that the film ends before we see that carnage, but what you do see is fulfilling enough to forgive that cliche copout, which is why I take one star away from an otherwise perfect film.

If you are the type of person that thinks 4 girls talking about male genitals and whose nude pictures they have on their phones, you might be a bit annoyed with our leads. But as for me, I however loved every second they were on screen. Abra and Hari Nef stand out the most in the best way, you can't help but care about their characters during their fight for survival. Not to mention the polarizing use of modern trap music and the booming bass constantly playing in-between scenes and in the background that compliments the 4 girls aesthetics, whether they are simply walking down the school halls or doing something mischievous that will ultimately have consequences by the time things start going south.

That's not to say the film isn't highly political, but it is very satirical, meaning you might just laugh at the jabs taken at both SJWs and conservative hypocrites. Enjoy this movie for the hilarious and disturbing outcome of what happens when a paranoid town resorts to gory violence. You may walk away feeling pleasantly surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Barbie said:

MV5BMjA5NTIwNDc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTEx

My review on Assassination Nation: 4/5 Stars

For fans of: Horror, thriller, Suspense, and dark Comedy movies

Similar movies: Mean Girls, Heathers, The Purge, Spring Breakers

Assassination Nation is a "modern" take on the Salem witch trials, which, coincidentally takes place in Salem. Once a hacker starts exposing deep secrets from the townspeople ranging from the mayor to the principal to the students, all hell breaks loose. And when main protagonist Lily along with her 3 girlfriends are blamed, they find themselves fighting for their lives.

I loved every minute of this film, the cinematography was not only stylish but necessary, avoiding borderline pretentious arthouse that leaves you feeling robbed. If you are going in for the violence, you won't get much of til half way into the film, but when it does come, it is a very satisfying and adrenaline filled rush. That's not to say I didn't feel exhausted from this film by the time we reached the last 5 minutes, but only because this story took quite a bit to spiral out of control that by the time sh*t hits the fan, you are left feeling quite full with what you are fed in the final act. I say this because if you are expecting those 4 girls to absolutely obliterate a whole mob of angry people, you will be disappointed to hear that the film ends before we see that carnage, but what you do see is fulfilling enough to forgive that cliche copout, which is why I take one star away from an otherwise perfect film.

If you are the type of person that thinks 4 girls talking about male genitals and whose nude pictures they have on their phones, you might be a bit annoyed with our leads. But as for me, I however loved every second they were on screen. Abra and Hari Nef stand out the most in the best way, you can't help but care about their characters during their fight for survival. Not to mention the polarizing use of modern trap music and the booming bass constantly playing in-between scenes and in the background that compliments the 4 girls aesthetics, whether they are simply walking down the school halls or doing something mischievous that will ultimately have consequences by the time things start going south.

That's not to say the film isn't highly political, but it is very satirical, meaning you might just laugh at the jabs taken at both SJWs and conservative hypocrites. Enjoy this movie for the hilarious and disturbing outcome of what happens when a paranoid town resorts to gory violence. You may walk away feeling pleasantly surprised.

UGH I'm so excited for this :shookga:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1