Sign in to follow this  
Drewbby

COP Film Reviews

01-135727.jpg

I may be biased because I LOVE Aubrey Plaza, but I found this to be a good movie. Aubrey portrays Ingrid, a social media obsessed, lonely, and slightly stalkerish individual who travels to LA in order to befriend a rising social media star, Taylor (Elizabeth Olsen) who embodies the fake and fabricated "perfect" lifestyle that many attempt to present online. The film depicts how loneliness, despair, and obsession will drive people to do crazy things in order to be accepted by those who seem to have it all. O'Shea Jackson (Ice Cube's son), who acts as Ingrid's landlord is also one of the more likable characters and nice addition to the plot. 

I think it's a perfect combination of drama and comedy. A good representation of the dark aspects of social media, without being extremely cringy. 

4/5

• Upvote 3

Image result for annihilation

4.5/5

I must admit i am VERY bias as i'm a mega hardcore sci-fi fan and this movie is literally my asthetic. Just getting that out of the way first.

Annihilation is such an amazing experience, probably one of the best sci-fi's i've seen since Arrival. Natalie Portman and the rest of the ALL FEMALE cast do an amazing job in capturing the creepy and sometimes beautiful place they are exploring. I honestly couldn't recommend this movie enough to people who like Sci-Fi, but be warned it does become a little confusing towards to end if you only watch movies that either make you laugh or superhero movies tbh.

Fucking brilliant. It's on Netflix right now for people outside the US and UK

• Upvote 6

what-happened-to-monday.jpg

What happened To Monday.. A flawless action film that I have just watched for the second time, I have never been so invested in multiple characters played by the SAME actress, Noomi Rapace is simply iconic. She nails every role of each sister, if you are unfamiliar with the Netflix Original it is about 7 identical sisters who must live a secret as one indentity in a dystopian future that only allows one child per family due to overpopulation. You have each sister named as the day of the week they are allowed to go outside, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) and when the government catches onto their secret, they must fight for freedom & survival. The movie does a great job of creating the futuristic, depressing world. It’s never sunny outside, the skyscrapers are weirdly metallic, and the environment is poor. The main characters although played by one actress, all stand out with a different personality, Lindsay teas! The movie broke my heart, it is a really dark movie that makes you hope a world like this never comes to life, siblings are put into a sleep chamber for hundreds of years and all food is genetically modified to feed the worlds crazy population. There are a few great action scenes with lots of violence and excellent choreography. The movie could be better in some ways, I’d have preferred a happier ending for the sisters. All in all I highly recommend this netflix movie, 5/5

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for annihilation

4.5/5

I must admit i am VERY bias as i'm a mega hardcore sci-fi fan and this movie is literally my asthetic. Just getting that out of the way first.

Annihilation is such an amazing experience, probably one of the best sci-fi's i've seen since Arrival. Natalie Portman and the rest of the ALL FEMALE cast do an amazing job in capturing the creepy and sometimes beautiful place they are exploring. I honestly couldn't recommend this movie enough to people who like Sci-Fi, but be warned it does become a little confusing towards to end if you only watch movies that either make you laugh or superhero movies tbh.

Fucking brilliant. It's on Netflix right now for people outside the US and UK

This brilliant movie, I can’t wait to watch it again! I also agree that the ending is extremely weird and confusing and might throw some people off but I loved it personally, I love movies that make you think.

Just now, barbiej33p said:

This brilliant movie, I can’t wait to watch it again! I also agree that the ending is extremely weird and confusing and might throw some people off but I loved it personally, I love movies that make you think.

The last 30 minutes was the best piece of cinema i've seen in 3 years oml. It's getting quite mixed reviews from the GP but critics are loving it. Honestly, only people who truly appreciate film will like it but honestly, it's just so amazing and i dont want people to not experience it. AND SAME I WANNA WATCH IT AGAIN

• Upvote 1

what-happened-to-monday.jpg

What happened To Monday.. A flawless action film that I have just watched for the second time, I have never been so invested in multiple characters played by the SAME actress, Noomi Rapace is simply iconic. She nails every role of each sister, if you are unfamiliar with the Netflix Original it is about 7 identical sisters who must live a secret as one indentity in a dystopian future that only allows one child per family due to overpopulation. You have each sister named as the day of the week they are allowed to go outside, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) and when the government catches onto their secret, they must fight for freedom & survival. The movie does a great job of creating the futuristic, depressing world. It’s never sunny outside, the skyscrapers are weirdly metallic, and the environment is poor. The main characters although played by one actress, all stand out with a different personality, Lindsay teas! The movie broke my heart, it is a really dark movie that makes you hope a world like this never comes to life, siblings are put into a sleep chamber for hundreds of years and all food is genetically modified to feed the worlds crazy population. There are a few great action scenes with lots of violence and excellent choreography. The movie could be better in some ways, I’d have preferred a happier ending for the sisters. All in all I highly recommend this netflix movie, 5/5

If you really like the concept of the same actress playing multiple characters you'll LOVE the TV show Orphan Black

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

If you really like the concept of the same actress playing multiple characters you'll LOVE the TV show Orphan Black

I should give that a chance, I’ve known about it for years yet never knew what it was about, I heard it’s pretty graphic too so thats a plus!

I should give that a chance, I’ve known about it for years yet never knew what it was about, I heard it’s pretty graphic too so thats a plus!

Umm i wouldn't say it's too graphic, although it's been a while since i've done a full watch but it's a thrilling ride with a really cool concept

• Upvote 1

hxyUjmO.jpg

I didn't go in with very high expectations after all, video game movies have a bad reputation. However, this movie was actually decent.  While the story isn't going to blow you out of the water, Alicia Vikander certainly will. She carried the film, and the action scenes are quite cool. I'd certainly recommend this but again it's best if you don't go in with super high expectations. It's a good popcorn flick. I give it a 3.9 out of 5. After seeing this I'm absolutely going to replay the 2013 reboot game.

• Upvote 4

Image result for short term 12

5/5

Holy fuck. This movie is literally the movie translation of a hug. I literally cannot get over how good this movie is, Brie Larson is actually a saint.

I feel so deeply connected to this movie as there is a lot of depiction of mental illness which i can personally relate to. I love every single person in this movie and just want to give them all big hugs and say it's going to be ok

I really don't want to post much more about this because really, everyone should see this movie. I'll post a short plot description.

At a foster-care facility for at-risk teenagers, Grace is a young counselor trying to do her best for kids who often have been pulled from the worst kinds of home situations. Even then, life is not easy as Grace and her colleagues care for kids who are too often profoundly scarred, even as they try to have lives of their own. Now, things are coming to a head as Grace readies for marriage even as some her charges are coming to major turning points in their lives. To cope, Grace will have to make difficult perceptions and decisions that could put her career, and more importantly her charges, at dire risk.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On 4/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for short term 12

5/5

Holy fuck. This movie is literally the movie translation of a hug. I literally cannot get over how good this movie is, Brie Larson is actually a saint.

I feel so deeply connected to this movie as there is a lot of depiction of mental illness which i can personally relate to. I love every single person in this movie and just want to give them all big hugs and say it's going to be ok

I really don't want to post much more about this because really, everyone should see this movie. I'll post a short plot description.

Gonna watch this tomorrow! 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Believe In Furler said:

UGH it is SOO good. Please tell me how you like it

omg this movie made me really emotional. I cried in a few scenes, but I liked how there was still some comedy sprinkled in despite how dark a lot of it was. I also really loved Grace and Jayden's relationship and how they helped each other out :beybawl:

• Upvote 3

Just now, The Boy said:

omg this movie made me really emotional. I cried in a few scenes, but I liked how there was still some comedy sprinkled in despite how dark a lot of it was. I also really loved Grace and Jayden's relationship and how they helped each other out :beybawl:

ugh i'm glad you liked it. It's so sad and happy at the same time :beybawl:

• Love 1

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

ugh i'm glad you liked it. It's so sad and happy at the same time :beybawl:

Yes it makes me sad that this is the reality for a lot of people, but I like how it ends with a glimmer of hope :cloud9:

• Upvote 1

Image result for 2001 a space odyssey poster

15/10

I've been putting off watching this movie for ages thinking i needed to be in a mood for it, honestly, i'm disappointing that i didn't watch this earlier.

This is, in my opinion (and for that matter a lot of peoples opinion) the best movie ever made. Period.

The cinematography, the gorgeous space scenes and timeless costumes and outfits akin with the 1960's when the film was actually shot. It's a fucking masterpiece and further reaffirms Stanley Kubrick as one of the best directors and film makers of all time.

Image result for 2001 a space odyssey beautiful shots

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Believe In Furler said:

Image result for 2001 a space odyssey poster

15/10

I've been putting off watching this movie for ages thinking i needed to be in a mood for it, honestly, i'm disappointing that i didn't watch this earlier.

This is, in my opinion (and for that matter a lot of peoples opinion) the best movie ever made. Period.

The cinematography, the gorgeous space scenes and timeless costumes and outfits akin with the 1960's when the film was actually shot. It's a fucking masterpiece and further reaffirms Stanley Kubrick as one of the best directors and film makers of all time.

nn you kinda made me want to watch the movie

• Upvote 1