Sign in to follow this  
Drewbby

COP Film Reviews

latest?cb=20171016144626

I saw Black Panther today. I had high expectations given the amazing reviews and word of mouth.

It wasn't perfect and didn't quite live up to those high expectations BUT it is still a good movie. The visual effects and filmography in this movie is amazing and so is the character development. Every character's motivation and arc is clearly defined and understandable. My favourite character was Shuri who made amazing technology. I was impressed and kinda jealous she got create all that technology. I did have a few problems with the movie like some of the screenplay didn't work as well as several of plot elements being forced. Also was I the only one who found it ironic that the 'progressive' Wakanda still ran on a legitimate monarchy? Just me? Okay. But still it is a good movie and I would recommend it. But don't expect the best movie ever or a perfect film.

3.5/5

• Upvote 3

Just now, Maren Swift said:

latest?cb=20171016144626

I saw Black Panther today. I had high expectations given the amazing reviews and word of mouth.

It wasn't perfect and didn't quite live up to those high expectations BUT it is still a good movie. The visual effects and filmography in this movie is amazing and so is the character development. Every character's motivation and arc is clearly defined and understandable. My favourite character was Shuri who made amazing technology. I was impressed and kinda jealous she got create all that technology. I did have a few problems with the movie like some of the screenplay didn't work as well as several of plot elements being forced. Also was I the only one who found it ironic that the 'progressive' Wakanda still ran on a legitimate monarchy? Just me? Okay. But still it is a good movie and I would recommend it. But don't expect the best movie ever or a perfect film.

3.5/5

She's my favorite character too. She stole the show, and rightfully so.

:taysmirk:

• Upvote 1

Just now, KingOfCrescentLovatic said:

She's my favorite character too. She stole the show, and rightfully so.

:taysmirk:

She should be in future Marvel movies. Imagine her teaming up her tech knowledge with Iron Man and Bruce Banner. Thanos would have no chance. :taylucifer3:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maren Swift said:

latest?cb=20171016144626

3.5/5

OMG NOT A PERFECT SCORE??? RACIST!!!:nickishook:

But seriously, i went to see this and was very unwhelmed

• Upvote 1

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

OMG NOT A PERFECT SCORE??? RACIST!!!:nickishook:

But seriously, i went to see this and was very unwhelmed

It was over-hyped. That is not the movie's fault but the woke people on twitter's fault. 

It was still good though. :nickishook:

• Upvote 1

MV5BYjQ5NjM0Y2YtNjZkNC00ZDhkLWJjMWItN2Qy

So I watched this movie (Coco) like 2 weeks ago. Pixar did it again! They made me cry.

I really loved the story, it was brilliant and so thought provoking. You follow a young boy who's from a family who make shoes for a living. Unfortunately, Miguel has other passions that don't agree with what his family believe in or what his family hope for him to become. The passion that Miguel holds that is forbidden is his family is his passion towards music and how he wants to be a musician. After some events, Miguel finds himself in the after world and is faced with having to get back into the land of the living. There he meets many wonderful characters and that's when the story gets really interesting.

This is truly a sensational, exciting and funny animated feature. The animation is striking and so lifelike that you sometimes forget it is an animation. The colours are really striking bringing a jaw dropping experience to the visuals too!  The script is terrific and deals with real problems that can evolve in families but, more importantly, these problems are solved by love. 

A wonderful tribute to the Mexican culture!

5/5

• Upvote 5

Guest RadarOutsold
Just now, lanadel said:

So I watched this movie (Coco) like 2 weeks ago. Pixar did it again! They made me cry.

I really loved the story, it was brilliant and so thought provoking. You follow a young boy who's from a family who make shoes for a living. Unfortunately, Miguel has other passions that don't agree with what his family believe in or what his family hope for him to become. The passion that Miguel holds that is forbidden is his family is his passion towards music and how he wants to be a musician. After some events, Miguel finds himself in the after world and is faced with having to get back into the land of the living. There he meets many wonderful characters and that's when the story gets really interesting.

This is truly a sensational, exciting and funny animated feature. The animation is striking and so lifelike that you sometimes forget it is an animation. The colours are really striking bringing a jaw dropping experience to the visuals too!  The script is terrific and deals with real problems that can evolve in families but, more importantly, these problems are solved by love. 

5/5

Girl you did THAT, this is the review that movie deserves, did justice :beybawl:

The last part of your review is so beautiful and true :wendy26:

On 2/21/2018 at 1:32 AM, Believe In Furler said:

florida_project.jpg

For my first review on COP i am going to be starting off with one of, if not the best movies of 2017, The Florida Project. Directed by acclaimed director Sean Baker. It is a beautiful representation of the struggles of the 'invisible homeless' living in holiday motels in Florida just outside Disney (Fun fact: Disney's codename before being built in Florida was The Florida Project) This movie is a love letter to childhood and will make you laugh and cry (omg the tears) I'm not going to spoil anymore of the story because simply everyone needs to watch this film. The acting is superb and stars Willem Dafoe in his best performance ever in my opinion. This movie was completely snubbed by the Academy this year and should've easily picked up a nomination for Best Picture and Director. Do yourself a favor and watch this movie. It is honestly my favorite movie of all time.

5/5

I watched this last night bc of your review and I really enjoyed it! the ending made me cry :cry:

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, lanadel said:

5/5

I love this movie too. Pixar really did that. :wendy28:

• Upvote 3

MPW-121500

I watched this movie just yesterday and i honestly think it is a modern day masterpiece. This movie will be talked about for generations to come just like how Sound of Music, Pulp Fiction, American Beauty just to name a few are still being talked about to this day.

Set in the 60's, this movie tells a beauty and the beast like story about a mute woman who works as one of the 'Help' at what seems like a marine biological government building. She discovers whilst working in the building one of the 'assets' they have which is a large fish/human like monster who she can communicate with and eventually falls in love with it. I was skeptical at first about a monster movie and if it would be cringe fest but this was nothing close to that.

Honestly, probably the best movie i've ever seen. Throughout the whole movie i forgot i was even in a cinema as i felt i was completely transported into this amazing world and story. I felt so involved and fixated by the brilliant performances and characters that have been created in this movie. The score is incredible... simply incredible.

I was rooting for Three Billboard for best picture but i'll be damned The Shape of Water is on another level than every single other best picture nominee.

Please if you can, see it on the big screen. (Did i also mention how Octavia Spencer is a living god)

5/5

• Upvote 4

On 2/26/2018 at 12:33 AM, Believe In Furler said:

MPW-121500

I watched this movie just yesterday and i honestly think it is a modern day masterpiece. This movie will be talked about for generations to come just like how Sound of Music, Pulp Fiction, American Beauty just to name a few are still being talked about to this day.

Set in the 60's, this movie tells a beauty and the beast like story about a mute woman who works as one of the 'Help' at what seems like a marine biological government building. She discovers whilst working in the building one of the 'assets' they have which is a large fish/human like monster who she can communicate with and eventually falls in love with it. I was skeptical at first about a monster movie and if it would be cringe fest but this was nothing close to that.

Honestly, probably the best movie i've ever seen. Throughout the whole movie i forgot i was even in a cinema as i felt i was completely transported into this amazing world and story. I felt so involved and fixated by the brilliant performances and characters that have been created in this movie. The score is incredible... simply incredible.

I was rooting for Three Billboard for best picture but i'll be damned The Shape of Water is on another level than every single other best picture nominee.

Please if you can, see it on the big screen. (Did i also mention how Octavia Spencer is a living god)

5/5

YES! This movie is a damn masterpiece from start to finish. My fingers are hella crossed for this to win on Sunday night!! 

• Upvote 1

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Movie Poster

It's hard to think of a time when Star Wars didn't exist. Ever since it's debut in 1977, It's taken over pop culture in more ways than some people would like to admit. It's hard to escape it even today! When The Phantom Menace released in 1999, it was generally HATED by fans and critics everywhere. Most people claim that it shouldn't even be labeled as a Star Wars film. 

For those unfamilar, The Phantom Menace is the first film in the Prequel Trilogy for the Star Wars films. It follows Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi as they head to negotiate some sort of deal to free the Naboo from the hands of the Trade Federation. After escaping with the Queen and her handmaiden and a very clumsy gungan, Jar Jar Binks, they land on Tatooine in desperate need of repairs to their ship. It's there where they meet a young Anakin Skywalker and encounter the return of the sith. They now have to decide how to rescue the people of Naboo from the Tade Federation and defeat the sith before they rise to power like they did so many years ago. 

The movie itself has some cringy dialogue and CGI that obviously hasn't aged incredibly well. However, if that's what you're looking for in these movies, then you are definitely in the wrong place. These movies aren't supposed to be super pristine and incredibly realistic films.  After all, they take place in a "Galaxy Far Far Away." The score that John Williams created for this is absolutely magnificent. Songs like "Duel of the Fates," "Anakin's Theme," and "Augie's Great Municipal Band" stand out the most and truly bring out the best of the scenes that they're featured in. Whether it be emotionally heartbreaking, incredibly intense, or downright joyful - John Williams definitely created this score carefully and it's definitely one that will always be remembered. The Costume Design is MAGNIFICENT. The attention to detail on so many characters is astounding. Padme/Queen Amidala ALONE have about 9 different costume changes and every single one was nailed to a tee. The elegance of a Queen's wardrobe to the shabiness of a handmaiden's street clothes as the roam the streets of Mos Eisley. The Jedi robes are sophisticated and subtle with very muted tones. 

There's so many more things I could rave about in this movie. The subtle hints at what's (obviously) to come, the nostalgic editing, the impeccable sound design, incredibly entertaining performances, beautifully choreographed fight sequences, & the list goes on and on. I don't think this movie deserves the flak it gets. Natalie Portman and Ewan Mcgregor steal the screen almost every chance they get.  

5/5

• Upvote 3

On 2/21/2018 at 2:23 AM, Maren Swift said:

Lady_Bird_poster.jpeg

This is the most recent movie I've seen in theatres so I am giving my thoughts.

Lady Bird is the story of a girl named Christine who prefers to be called by "Lady Bird" and the relationships she has with her family and other students at the Catholic School she attends. The acting in this movie is fantastic. Saoirse Ronan somehow seems like an actual teenager and not an adult pretending to be one. Laurie Metcalf is very believable as the mother who is struggling financially and with raising her children. The screenplay is also a highlight and some of the lines hit your funny bone or heart strings. There are several emotional moments that make you feel sad but I can't say because spoilers. I do wish the movie had a bit more plot or had something that held the movie together more as a few scenes felt a bit abrupt. However it still mostly it works.

4/5

going to watch this. Hope I like it :rly:

• Upvote 4

On 3/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, Drewbby said:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Movie Poster

It's hard to think of a time when Star Wars didn't exist. Ever since it's debut in 1977, It's taken over pop culture in more ways than some people would like to admit. It's hard to escape it even today! When The Phantom Menace released in 1999, it was generally HATED by fans and critics everywhere. Most people claim that it shouldn't even be labeled as a Star Wars film. 

For those unfamilar, The Phantom Menace is the first film in the Prequel Trilogy for the Star Wars films. It follows Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi as they head to negotiate some sort of deal to free the Naboo from the hands of the Trade Federation. After escaping with the Queen and her handmaiden and a very clumsy gungan, Jar Jar Binks, they land on Tatooine in desperate need of repairs to their ship. It's there where they meet a young Anakin Skywalker and encounter the return of the sith. They now have to decide how to rescue the people of Naboo from the Tade Federation and defeat the sith before they rise to power like they did so many years ago. 

The movie itself has some cringy dialogue and CGI that obviously hasn't aged incredibly well. However, if that's what you're looking for in these movies, then you are definitely in the wrong place. These movies aren't supposed to be super pristine and incredibly realistic films.  After all, they take place in a "Galaxy Far Far Away." The score that John Williams created for this is absolutely magnificent. Songs like "Duel of the Fates," "Anakin's Theme," and "Augie's Great Municipal Band" stand out the most and truly bring out the best of the scenes that they're featured in. Whether it be emotionally heartbreaking, incredibly intense, or downright joyful - John Williams definitely created this score carefully and it's definitely one that will always be remembered. The Costume Design is MAGNIFICENT. The attention to detail on so many characters is astounding. Padme/Queen Amidala ALONE have about 9 different costume changes and every single one was nailed to a tee. The elegance of a Queen's wardrobe to the shabiness of a handmaiden's street clothes as the roam the streets of Mos Eisley. The Jedi robes are sophisticated and subtle with very muted tones. 

There's so many more things I could rave about in this movie. The subtle hints at what's (obviously) to come, the nostalgic editing, the impeccable sound design, incredibly entertaining performances, beautifully choreographed fight sequences, & the list goes on and on. I don't think this movie deserves the flak it gets. Natalie Portman and Ewan Mcgregor steal the screen almost every chance they get.  

5/5

Worst Star Wars film ever made :nickishook:

Image result

I will review my favourite movie which was a rare movie to catch in cinemas! it was directed like Ash (Denis label) even tho he is a bad label producer! he did very well with this movie! I really Recommend it! It's out on DVD, Itunes and all that now! OMG I just can't get enough I don't normally like those underrated flims but this blew me away! To see Andy Biersack & Ben Bruce acting! it was adorable! Even the guy from game Of thrones did really well in it, his character was Ricky!  got me happy & sad and I feel they will be making a series out of it hopefully!  because of the way it ended.

4.5/5 

• Upvote 2

On 24/02/2018 at 3:05 AM, lanadel said:

5/5

& just as I thought, talent won:clap:

• Upvote 3