The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

Rumors

Big Little Lies

613_1024x411.jpg

Big Little Lies

Starring:

Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Zoe Kravitz, Adam Scott and Alexander Skarsgard.

Big-Little-Lies.jpg

Is an American Dark Comedy-Drama (on HBO) based on a novel about three women that are friends, involved in a mystery surrounding a murder of one of the residents.

Jane Chapman is a new resident who has a dark past, raped by an abusive man, she was left with a child.

Madeline 'Martha' Mackenzie has tension with her ex-husband over his new wife, all while she cheated on her current husband, Queen B of the town.

Celeste Wright is an ex-lawyer who suffers domestic abuse at the hand of her husband, but she hasn't told anyone and is too afraid to leave him.

This show is so iconic honestly, besides having a powerhouse cast, the story is fucking amazing. The culprit is NEVER hinted at, and it all intertwines so perfectly, it's all a mystery until the end. The show is funny, sad, and touches on topics like domestic abuse and bullying in schools.

The show is currently nominated for 14 Emmy's, including Best Actress for Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman, Best Supporting Actress for Shailene Woodley and Laura Dern. Best Actor for Alexander Skarsgard.

It's a mini-series so it only has 7 episodes, but I highly recommend watching this TV excellence. Everything about it is perfect, from the cast, to the cinematography, to the story.

If you've seen it, or plan to watch it, let's discuss!

• Upvote 1

This was one of the best shows of 2017, the all stars cast really brought the series to a level of excellence that is rarely seen on TV. BTW, I knew Perrie was 

Spoiler

Jane's abuser and Ziggy's father

all along, it was pretty obvious. I loved the fact that despite all the women in the show have their differences in the end they come together and form a united front helping each other.

13 hours ago, AngryAzalean said:

SUCH A GOOD FUCKING SERIES. I'm so sad it's only 1 season, but it's so fucking worth watching.

12 hours ago, Nacht said:

This was one of the best shows of 2017, the all stars cast really brought the series to a level of excellence that is rarely seen on TV. BTW, I knew Perrie was 

Reveal hidden contents

Jane's abuser and Ziggy's father

all along, it was pretty obvious. I loved the fact that despite all the women in the show have their differences in the end they come together and form a united front helping each other.

Omg only legends watch it :trisha:

Honestly this really was the best show of 2017, everything about it was just so perfect. I honestly didn't see the ending coming. But it was so iconic to see them all coming together and protecting each other :britcry: I hope they sweep the Emmy's! 

11 hours ago, FlorianLovato said:

this is on my watchlist but as you say it's good I'll push it higher so I'll start before TGIT is back :poot:

Omg sis yes, watch it! Let's discuss when you do :trisha: It's amazing I promise.

5 minutes ago, KarenFromFinance said:

I watched all of it in less than 24 hours and I don't regret my choices. ITS SO GOOD :wendy17: 

YASSSS, I binged tf out of it too. It's honestly the best show I've seen in recent time :trisha: I'm so obsessed, there's plans of a second season but I'm not sure if they will or not :britcry:

1 minute ago, Rumors said:

YASSSS, I binged tf out of it too. It's honestly the best show I've seen in recent time :trisha: I'm so obsessed, there's plans of a second season but I'm not sure if they will or not :britcry:

I can't see what they would do in a second season but I'm here for it already 

Just now, KarenFromFinance said:

I can't see what they would do in a second season but I'm here for it already 

Me either :trisha:

But I'm here for whatever they do. Reese and Nicole said they've been talking to the author of the book about plot ideas for the second season. So i'm onboard if the author is :demifat: 

I loved this. I read the book about a year before the show came out, i still prefer the book as it goes more into

Perry's

backstory. BUT. The show was phenomenal. Sure, Nicole Kidman was great but the real star of the show was Reese Witherspoon, she was AMAZING and i'll be fucking angry if she doesn't win the emmy for the show. Also the opening credits, FLAWLESS. 

On 7/16/2017 at 5:42 PM, Believe In Furler said:

I loved this. I read the book about a year before the show came out, i still prefer the book as it goes more into

Reveal hidden contents

Perry's

backstory. BUT. The show was phenomenal. Sure, Nicole Kidman was great but the real star of the show was Reese Witherspoon, she was AMAZING and i'll be fucking angry if she doesn't win the emmy for the show. Also the opening credits, FLAWLESS. 

I need to read it honestly, I'm gonna pick it up soon.

YESS, I really want either of them to win, but I hope Shailene takes the Emmy tbh. The show was flawless in every aspect and I'm so proud to stan :trisha:

Just now, Rumors said:

I need to read it honestly, I'm gonna pick it up soon.

YESS, I really want either of them to win, but I hope Shailene takes the Emmy tbh. The show was flawless in every aspect and I'm so proud to stan :trisha:

I didn't even realise she was the girl from FIOS until i searched her up on Wikipedia

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

I didn't even realise she was the girl from FIOS until i searched her up on Wikipedia

Dead. I think she's highly underrated, and this show really brought out the powerhouse acting.

Jennifer Lawerence has been found dead.

Just now, Rumors said:

Dead. I think she's highly underrated, and this show really brought out the powerhouse acting.

Jennifer Lawerence has been found dead.

Yeah, i like her better than Jennifer Lawerence tbh. She was so amazing in this show, reserved but feisty when she needed to be. Played it perfectly. :tellem2: