COP 2nd Annual Grammy Awards Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
P!nk

Miley felt Sexualized during the Bangerz era

hbz-miley-cyrus-august-2017-03-149980497

About Bangerz & Dead Petz eras

“I feel really kind of far away from that person,” 

About feeling sexualized during Bangerz era

These days, Miley does her own makeup for shoots, and it’s minimal. Her previous over-the-top persona, she decided, had served its purpose. “It became something that was expected of me. I didn’t want to show up to photo shoots and be the girl who would get my t*ts out and stick out my tongue. In the beginning, it was kind of like saying, ‘f*ck you. Girls should be able to have this freedom or whatever.’ But it got to a point where I did feel sexualized.

She also wants to be a role model

Miley says that as she pondered her new identity, she asked herself, “How can I ****ing be the role model I’m supposed to be?” She gives me a sharp look. “Yeah, I just said ****ing role model,” she repeats. “Who gives a ****? Because I got my **** out before doesn’t make me less of a role model.”

Indeed, maybe it makes her more of one. “I think I show people that they can be themselves,” she says. “I also think something that has been important for me, in this next little, like, transition phase of my career is that I don’t give a **** about being cool. I just want to be myself.”

Read more here:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a10290838/miley-cyrus/

Stole this from atrl :jan1:

thoughts?

Like, we all obviously know sex sells. I'm sure none of us in our daily lives just walk around doing the same thing as her in the name of "feminism" because there's a fine line between women's rights and flat out posting your naked body to the world in the name of "women". If she felt she doesn't want to be that way anymore, good for her, but she's not getting my sympathy for the way she did herself. She's a mature woman and whether she's saying she regrets it in-between the lines or not (she is), she's the one who did all the decisions in terms of her appearance and attitude.

I agree with her. She says that she did it because women should have the freedom to show their bodies. You see male artists in their underwear every day and nobody says anything. Boys can show their nipples and we thank them for it while if girls do the same they are defined as "sluts". Which is absurd to me because although nipples develop themselves differently in boys and girls scientifically they are the same thing. It's just society that says than for one gender going shirtless in pubblic is ok and for the other is not. Female nipples are seen only as sexual objects. They arouse men, therefore they should not be shown in public. Which is kinda the first step towards rape culture: not saying/teaching men to control their impulses but instead forcing women not to do certain things like show their bodies in order to avoid making men horny. I get Miley's frustration in being subjected to this double standard regarding her tits. I do feel like she's done some sexual things during the Bangerz era like simulating masturbation in the Adore You video, but some of the things she's done were completely normal and got extremely sexualized like the nudity in the Wrecking Ball video or showing her tits. And after doing such things she got stuck in that cliché and people were only expecting here to fulfill the role of the "dirty girl".

BTW, what she said is a part of a much more complex conversation regarding sexist double standards that is too complicated to be adressed in a pop music forum.

:wendy14: