byakkoya

Indie/Alt Music Discussion Thread

Just now, barbiej33p said:

I goofed it's puzzle pieces not peaces :eartha:

It's OK. lol :) I also just listened to the track you suggested. It's really good. :D

--

Listening to the band Kayo Dot again after so long.

• Upvote 2

My boys are technically "indie", only by the no label definition tho ... Justin actually runs everything to do with the band and their releases on his own label.

LI8YnIk_.jpeg

I wouldn't call their music style anything in particular ...

"call us rock ... or pop ... or Bach ... or ... FUCK!

Goddamn where did we go wrong? 

Now there's a category for every song ..."

Justin himself defined them a long ass time ago as "art rock" which I think is fitting. Kinda encompasses a little bit of all kinds of genres to create the sound they're known for.

This is their one mainstream hit ... from one of their best album, also the album that made me a fan, Foiled.

Other standouts on this album being She's My Ride Home (my fave song in their entire discography) and Into The Ocean.

If anyone is interested, and wants to give an album a go I recommend History for Sale. As a whole it's their best work IMO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, byakkoya said:

@L U K E I've been listening to the EPs by Mars Argo over at Bandcamp and I'm starting to like them. Linden Place EP is growing to be my favorite. :D 

the Bandcamp version of Linden Place uses the Love in Black & White single cover instead of the actual EP cover and is missing the first two tracks, which you can find on iTunes

just a reminder :gaycat:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, L U K E said:

the Bandcamp version of Linden Place uses the Love in Black & White single cover instead of the actual EP cover and is missing the first two tracks, which you can find on iTunes

just a reminder :gaycat:

Listening to the previews of the two tracks you mentioned (since I don't use Apple Music lol) and they sound really good. 

• Upvote 1