byakkoya

Indie/Alt Music Discussion Thread

Just now, Spiritus said:

Yeees at Lianne La Havas. :icant:Blood is one of the best albums of this decade.

TEA! It’s literally timeless, I love everything about it. It is produced by Prince so of course it’s incredible :brad: the lyrics, her vocals, the production literally everything about it is beautiful

• Upvote 1

Just now, barbiej33p said:

Sorry but that's not true, there are more artists out there that are completely on their own (no label) and still make great music, you don't know what youre talking about, dig deeper than just mars agro

I didn't say Mars is the only independent / 'indie' no-label, no-management artist. Just the only one I've seen so far in this thread. 

:demilip:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pixelated Cunt said:

yall should listen to this artist

Not bad, actually. It's a cute bop. :katy3: Checking out their album, btw.

Just now, jackgrande said:

TEA! It’s literally timeless, I love everything about it. It is produced by Prince so of course it’s incredible :brad: the lyrics, her vocals, the production literally everything about it is beautiful

I agree. Songs like "Midnight", "Tokyo", and "What You Don't Do" are masterpieces. :love:

• Upvote 3

Guest messiah
Just now, jackgrande said:

Ralph is my fave indie artist, it’s literally pop perfection. She needs to be signed to a label asap because she has so much potential to be successful

An indie artist making perfect pop music...

200.gif 

Just now, L U K E said:

I didn't say Mars is the only independent / 'indie' no-label, no-management artist. Just the only one I've seen so far in this thread. 

:demilip:

Exactly but you can't possibly think we don't stan actual indie artists, and Mars argo is definitely a good example but there are lots of underground singers I have not yet mentioned that definitely are indie/alternative like kitty, tommy genesis (even though shes signed now), buttress, Rina sawayama, Aly & AJ even, The Marias, Cuco, 18+, Kero Kero Bonito you could argue even though they are more electronic, HOMESHAKE, SEVDALIZA (im not capitalizing that's just how they spell their names) Blood Orange, Goldfrapp, mr. kitty, Tennis, iamamiwhoami, trst, Rosemary Fairweather, Anamanaguchi, saint pepsi (skylar spence now), Tkay Maidza

The list goes on and on, you don't have to read all that

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ɖʍəəɓʐ said:

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by Phoenix is one of the first indie band's album I listened to fully

My fav phoenix songs are entertainment and Lasso im basic i know

but taste

9 minutes ago, Pixelated Cunt said:

yall should listen to this artist

Your taste binch go off!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

Kero Kero Bonito you could argue even though they are more electronic

They have a record label, and sound has nothing to do with it. Indie means independent of a record label/music corporation. People mix it up and say its the same thing as alternative, but even CupcakKe qualifies as indie because she doesn't have a label and self-releases. :laughcry:

1 minute ago, L U K E said:

They have a record label, and sound has nothing to do with it. Indie means independent of a record label/music corporation. People mix it up and say its the same thing as alternative, but even CupcakKe qualifies as indie because she doesn't have a label and self-releases. :laughcry:

I understand, i can mix it up too sometimes but the thread applies for both alt and indie anyway, the mentioned artists above fit in the catagory one way or another

Just now, Spiritus said:

@barbiej33p Listening to "Shadow" by Chromatics right now and it's really good. :D

-- 

Anyone a fan of Animal Collective?

I love this cover! I have heard of this band before but never heard their music. Listening now

I love it! I get saint motel vibes but they also sound pretty unique

Just now, barbiej33p said:

I love this cover! I have heard of this band before but never heard their music. Listening now

I love it! I get saint motel vibes but they also sound pretty unique

Animal Collective are amazing. Their latest album Painting With is great. :D 

Since you mentioned Saint Motel, I should check them out soon. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spiritus said:

Animal Collective are amazing. Their latest album Painting With is great. :D 

Since you mentioned Saint Motel, I should check them out soon. 

Okay sweet! Whenever you do i recommend Puzzle Peaces, the music video is beautiful, it really captures a nice human emotion if that makes sense

I will also be looking more into Animal Collective, my boyfriend might like them too

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

Okay sweet! Whenever you do i recommend Puzzle Peaces, the music video is beautiful, it really captures a nice human emotion if that makes sense

I will also be looking more into Animal Collective, my boyfriend might like them too

OK, I'll check it out when I can. :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spiritus said:

OK, I'll check it out when I can. :D

9 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

Okay sweet! Whenever you do i recommend Puzzle Peaces

I goofed it's puzzle pieces not peaces :eartha:

• Upvote 1