byakkoya

Indie/Alt Music Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

OMG TASTE! THE TITANIC RISING ALBUM IS THE BEST POP ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

YAS! THE TASTE! 

Andromeda is so fucking good!!! I also love Movies!! 

17 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

This is another must listen indie pop album: 

I'll skip Good Guy everytime time but there's so many highs on here if the first track 'Body' doesn't captivate you. Head Alone, Pressure To Party, Your Were Right, Turn Me Down are the more upbeat songs on here and they're masterpieces. 

Gonna listen to this later! 

4 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

YAS! THE TASTE! 

Andromeda is so fucking good!!! I also love Movies!! 

Gonna listen to this later! 

Andromeda is cute(the whole album is a 10/10) but Movies is definitely my song of the year and the video is so beautiful:legend:

Perched to hear your thoughts on Crushing! The slower tracks will grow on you and Confort will never fail make me cry:cry:

40 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Also see that you stan for Mitski! Be The Cowboy was hands down my favorite album from last year, it got me through so much shit

10 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

Andromeda is cute(the whole album is a 10/10) but Movies is definitely my song of the year and the video is so beautiful:legend:

Perched to hear your thoughts on Crushing! The slower tracks will grow on you and Confort will never fail make me cry:cry:

Also see that you stan for Mitski! Be The Cowboy was hands down my favorite album from last year, it got me through so much shit

Movies is such a beautiful song, it sends me to another world every time. :icant2:

I already like Body and Head Alone!

And yes, I love Mitski so much. Puberty 2 was THAT album. Be The Cowboy was amazing too, my favorite song from it is Geyser!

8 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Movies is such a beautiful song, it sends me to another world every time. :icant2:

I already like Body and Head Alone!

And yes, I love Mitski so much. Puberty 2 was THAT album. Be The Cowboy was amazing too, my favorite song from it is Geyser!

I've never gotten around to listening to Puberty 2 in full to be honest. I've listened to songs here and there(Happy is genius) but I'm scared it won't compare to the greatness that is Be The Cowboy:icant:Geyser really is that bitch though! It was so genius putting it as the first track because it had me shaking when I first listened to the album. I think my favorite song off of Be The Cowboy is probably A Pearl and Two Slow Dancers is extremely underrated, but then again every song is special in it's own way to me:cm:

9 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

I've never gotten around to listening to Puberty 2 in full to be honest. I've listened to songs here and there(Happy is genius) but I'm scared it won't compare to the greatness that is Be The Cowboy:icant:Geyser really is that bitch though! It was so genius putting it as the first track because it had me shaking when I first listened to the album. I think my favorite song off of Be The Cowboy is probably A Pearl and Two Slow Dancers is extremely underrated, but then again every song is special in it's own way to me:cm:

I agree, Be The Cowboy was perfect. I remember being so desperate for a new album from her and then bang she releases BTC which still got me shook to this day. Puberty 2 was the first album I heard from her so it gets a special space in my heart. I'll recommend you my favorite songs from it: Happy, Dan the Dancer, Your Best American Girl and Crack Baby. 

A Pearl is one of my faves too, really love the lyrics a lot. I relate to every word of it so yeah, love that one also. Her lyrics are always so good, that's one of the things I love from her.

1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

I agree, Be The Cowboy was perfect. I remember being so desperate for a new album from her and then bang she releases BTC which still got me shook to this day. Puberty 2 was the first album I heard from her so it gets a special space in my heart. I'll recommend you my favorite songs from it: Happy, Dan the Dancer, Your Best American Girl and Crack Baby. 

A Pearl is one of my faves too, really love the lyrics a lot. I relate to every word of it so yeah, love that one also. Her lyrics are always so good, that's one of the things I love from her.

I just started listening to Puberty 2 and I love the vibe so far it's so much more different than BTC. I do agree with you that her writing is so relateable like even the strangest things I relate to! This story is low-key embarrassing and weird but it's COP so who cares:laughcry: I remember in my cardio class this person who I had a huge a infatuation with was on the machine infront of me. They took the their shirt off so whenever we rotated machines they we're always in front of me and all I could see was their back for a whole hour while I daydreamed about them. My wireless earbuds were in so I was listening to BTC then Pink In The Night plays and the lyric "I could stare at your back all day" comes on and I got fucking chills nnnn:deadbanana2: Moral of The Story: Mitski narrates my life.

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, One Of The Boys said:

I just started listening to Puberty 2 and I love the vibe so far it's so much more different than BTC. I do agree with you that her writing is so relateable like even the strangest things I relate to! This story is low-key embarrassing and weird but it's COP so who cares:laughcry: I remember in my cardio class this person who I had a huge a infatuation with was on the machine infront of me. They took the their shirt off so whenever we rotated machines they we're always in front of me and all I could see was their back for a whole hour while I daydreamed about them. My wireless earbuds were in so I was listening to BTC then Pink In The Night plays and the lyric "I could stare at your back all day" comes on and I got fucking chills nnnn:deadbanana2: Moral of The Story: Mitski narrates my life.

OMFG LOL :deadbanana: you got me hollering here.

Yeah, Puberty 2 is very different, I like that she changes her vibe with every album. 

And yes, her lyrics are genius! The way she writes really gets through you. I wish she wasn't so underrated 'cause her music is really good. 

• Upvote 1