byakkoya

Indie/Alt Music Discussion Thread

GzrI4pw.png

Albums in the picture: Kate Bush - Hounds of Love; Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion; Lana del Rey - Born to Die; FKA Twigs - LP1; Big Black - Atomizer; They Might Be Giants - Flood; Grimes - Visions; Talking Heads - Remain in Light; Radiohead - OK Computer; Allie X - Collxtion II; The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico; David Byrne - Feelings; St. Vincent - St. Vincent; Beck - Sea Change; Fiona Apple - Tidal; The Shins - The Worm's Heart; Tame Impala - Currents; Björk - Post

Thought of making this thread for those who like their music less mainstream, be it old or new. :D

• Upvote 6

Just now, Homojénik said:

I love Björk, Fiona Apple, BANKS and St Vincent. I mean they're all kind of mainstream but yeah. 

St. Vincent is one of my faves, too. What's your favorite album by her? :D 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spiritus said:

St. Vincent is one of my faves, too. What's your favorite album by her? :D 

Strange Mercy is probably the best but self-titled is really good too. 

MASSEDUCTION was great but not her best as stans say it to be. 

Guest messiah

Florence and the Machine, Florence Welch is the queen of indie/alternative music. :legend:

If your into bands, Bastille is a really good band to jump into.

I know it can be aquired taste, but Sia's Some People Have Real Problems and We Are Born are AMAZING indie/alt albums

Vampire Weekend only has one album I like, its called Conta... SO FUCKING GOOD!

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by Phoenix is one of the first indie band's album I listened to fully

Have any of you guys listened to these?

Just now, Homojénik said:

Strange Mercy is probably the best but self-titled is really good too. 

MASSEDUCTION was good but not her best as stans say it to be. 

For me, it's St. Vincent with Actor being a close second. MASSEDUCTION is good, but I wouldn't consider it to be her best album.

Just now, jackgrande said:

Lianne La Havas is my fave alternative artist, but I also lovvve First Aid Kit and a few others :wendy25:

Yeees at Lianne La Havas. :icant:Blood is one of the best albums of this decade.

• Upvote 3

Just now, L U K E said:

Mars Argo is the only true 'indie' artist here because she's actually independent and not just pretending to be. 

:demilip:

Sorry but that's not true, there are more artists out there that are completely on their own (no label) and still make great music, you don't know what youre talking about, dig deeper than just mars agro

• Upvote 1