The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Scarlett O'Hara

What are your predictions for the 2020s?

In my opinion:

• People will stop "channelling" the 20th century and begin properly embracing the 21st century. This will impact music and fashion especially.
  • The beauty ideal will change and women will go for a more natural look as opposed to the excessive Kardashian/Instagram makeup look.
  • East Asia (China, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan making a comeback) will become a proper force to be reckoned with and start massively influencing us. They have already overtaken the west in terms of technology, cars etc. so it's only a matter of time they start impacting other aspects of our lives.
  • The world will still be a mess in terms of politics- threats of nuclear war, rising political division etc. will still be a thing. Things will get worse before they get better.
  • The number of TV licences will drop with people choosing to use services such as netflix, hulu etc. Cinema will still remain big though.
  • Towards the end of the decade, androids will become a more common thing.
  • Basically everyone will own a 4k/curved/smart TV.
  • The Kardashians and Jenners will be totally forgotten.
  • Trump will be gone.
  • Malls/shopping centres will face a MASSIVE decline in favour of online shopping.
  • Self driving cars won't take off.
  • Upvote 5

The Jeddah Tower In Saudi Arabia Would Finish Its Construction which will be the tallest structure in the world

Bigelow Aerospace plans on making the first space Hotel than can hold 6 wealthy guests on the flight

the summer Olympics will be held in In Tokyo

And Dubai Will Hold Its Dubai Expo 2020

India Is Expected to launch there first ever manned space mission

China Plans On Constructing its very own space station

Winter Olympics will be hosted in Beijing China

Fifa World Cup Will Be Held In Qatar

the copyrights on the earliest Mickey Mouse cartoons will expire under US Copyright Law

SpaceX Are Expected To Launch Cargo In Mars In Preparation For A Future Manned Misson To Mars

The I.S.S Will Run Out Of Funding But May Still Be Delayed Until 2028

The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link will be completed which will provide a direct rail and highway linked between northern Germany and Copenhagen in Denmark

the Giant Magellan Telescope Will Finally Be Completed and its resolution is 10x Higher Than The Hubble Telescope

The U.K Will Have Completely Fazed Out All There Coals Power Plants

SpaceX Will Launch The First Ever Manned Mission To Mars If Everything goes to there current schedule

Nasa May Launch A Manned Mission To Vist An Asteroid

Construction on the cathedral "Sagrada Familia" will be finally completed construction on this church began way back in 1882 which means it would have taken 144 years to finish 

the SpaceX Crew Which Was Launched in 2026 Would Have Finally Arrived At There Destanation (Mars) so we might witness the first ever humans to step foot on mars this year

the full autopsy On elvis presly which was agreed to be sealed for 50 years following his death will finally be publicly available this year

the summer olympics will be hosted in L.A.

the city of San Fransisco And Los Angeles will be connected with a high speed rail line which can transport people from one to the other in just 2 hours & 20 minutes

2030's

At somepoint this decate NASA Plans on Launching its own manned mission to mars

Saudi Arabias 2030 Vison Would Have Finished

and China further has plans on launching its own manned Misson To The Moon sometime during this decade

Russia Has Plans On Sending there cosmonauts on the moon in 2031

BreakThrough StarShot

Perhaps the Most ambitious Up-coming Space Project

The Plan Should Be Able To Send Tiny Space Crafts To The Alpha Centauri Star System The nearest other star to earth

a planet inside the system "Proxima-Centauri b" Is Located Inside The Habitable Zone And Could Possibly Be Home To Some Form Of Extra Terrestrial Life 

When The Tiny Space Crafts Are Launched The Journey Will Be 20-30 Years To Reach Its Destination At 15% the speed of light

and can take detailed photographs of this mysterious planet 

One Second Im A Geek Then Suddenly The Geek Is Me

@Brigitte Bardot

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, ACT2 said:

the SpaceX Crew Which Was Launched in 2026 Would Have Finally Arrived At There Destanation (Mars) so we might witness the first ever humans to step foot on mars this year

This is so exciting but i'm not sure about the date tbh. This is only 9 years away, I remember reading a book in school when I was a kid and they were predicting man would walk on Mars by 2010.

But us colonising Mars in the 2030s seems pretty accurate :shrug:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brigitte Bardot said:

This is so exciting but i'm not sure about the date tbh. This is only 9 years away, I remember reading a book in school when I was a kid and they were predicting man would walk on Mars by 2010.

But us colonising Mars in the 2030s seems pretty accurate :shrug:

Im SHOOK to the core  

but the Breakthrough starshot gave me a boner that lasted 48 hours

The world will end :kelly:

no, but I low key think the supervolcano at Yellowstone may finally erupt again even though people say that’s not likely to happen. You never know!

• Upvote 1

Just now, neonnights said:

The world will end :kelly:

no, but I low key think the supervolcano at Yellowstone may finally erupt again even though people say that’s not likely to happen. You never know!

You have no idea. I genuinely stress about this on rare occasions. Lol

• Upvote 3

I actually think there will be a shift. Right now the western world is super liberal and it's cool to be non-binary, hate Christians, talk about cultural appropriation, and micro-aggressions. But I'm already slight starting to see it happen but people will become conservative again and that will be considered the norm. Liberalism/Conservatism seems to work on a cycle and apparently gen Z is far more conservative than liberals/millennial.

• Upvote 1

Just now, drewmatic said:

You have no idea. I genuinely stress about this on rare occasions. Lol

Which part? 

I used to watch those cheesy documentaries on the History channel about 10-12 years ago that would always talk about the Yellowstone volcano erupting and I would lie awake stressed at night nnn. 

• Upvote 1

Which part? 

I used to watch those cheesy documentaries on the History channel about 10-12 years ago that would always talk about the Yellowstone volcano erupting and I would lie awake stressed at night nnn. 

Basically that. I also stress over nuclear attacks (which I think are more likely to happen, unfortunately)

• Upvote 1

Basically that. I also stress over nuclear attacks (which I think are more likely to happen, unfortunately)

I used to be paranoid about asteroids and black holes hitting earth :kelly: but yeah, I think nuclear attacks would be more likely to happen as sad as that sounds. Better get that passport ready! 

• Upvote 1

I used to be paranoid about asteroids and black holes hitting earth :kelly: but yeah, I think nuclear attacks would be more likely to happen as sad as that sounds. Better get that passport ready! 

Lol. I actually do have it ready. But not for that reason

Lol. I actually do have it ready. But not for that reason

I haven’t used mine in a hot second. I need to go on a holiday so bad.

I haven’t used mine in a hot second. I need to go on a holiday so bad.

I wish it was for vacation. But it's for work

• Upvote 1

I wish it was for vacation. But it's for work

Are you a part of doctor’s without borders?