The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Dirkje

My experience at the Joanne World Tour Amsterdam

I had so much fun yesterday! Best day of my life!

So I'm a little crazy and I arrived as early as possible: at 8AM. I thought it was needed to arrive early because A. it was Gaga, B. It was Saturday. 
But it was quite calm when I arrived and I could sit almost in front of the doors.

I was on my own but not for a short time as I met some really kind people. I met a Polish guy that game all the way to the Netherlands just for Gaga. (Gaga wouldnt come to Poland so its reasonable he went this far) He was alone as well. So it was nice to have someone to talk to. 
I also met a younger fan that came with her Mom. It was for her the first time she saw Gaga. (She went to the Dangerous Woman tour before so this wasnt her first concert)

And after waiting a whole day long in the cold, it was finally time to go inside. There wasnt a support act. Instead they played Five foot two. Which I loved as I never find those supporting acts good. They are always boring to me. 

But then the show: That was absolutely flawless! Even though it was called the Joanne World Tour, I had more a feeling of a tour where she celebrated her whole career. I saw her for the first time 8 years ago and I've been a stan for 10 years now. I became a stan thanks to Pokerface/Paparazzi. So I was being slayed when she played those songs. It was really special to me.

Highlights: I thought the stage was incredible, It wast a spectacle like the BTWB was, but still amazing. I liked those small stages and moving catwalks. I think it was a brilliant idea so everybody got a great evening, also the people who had seats in the back.

LoveGame: Iconic performance! It was so special when she performed it with that iconic discostick. 

All her iconic and big hits were performed. I loved to hear Alejandro again knowing that song was written in the Netherlands!

Performing Joanne was really special to me. I love how she respects her family and stated how important your family is.

overall a great experience and it felt like coming home. I've seen her now 5 times, and I'm sure this wasnt my last Gaga show. She is addicting for a good reason. That woman is 100% pure talent. She reminded me of that once again. And I remain a supportive Gaga stan forever! She has my heart!

Unfortunately I wasnt in the position to take good pictures/videos. But to give you an idea I post some videos from others who were:

• Upvote 7

I’m seriously considering buying second hand tickets for the London dates after reading this, I tried getting them when they were released after the super bowl but they sold out way too fast and the website literally crashed. If I get tickets now they’ll be like £200 but it’d be so worth it :waxga: i’m so happy you had a good time omg, you’re so lucky

Just now, PopWorldwide said:

YOU WENT SIS? I really wanted to go.

Yes! I got a ticket via ticketswap! Because of Gaga's illness she had to postpone the Europe leg. Which caused many people to sell their ticket and I took my chance!

So I was really lucky I got to be there!

Just now, jackgrande said:

I’m seriously considering buying second hand tickets for the London dates after reading this, I tried getting them when they were released after the super bowl but they sold out way too fast and the website literally crashed. If I get tickets now they’ll be like £200 but it’d be so worth it :waxga: i’m so happy you had a good time omg, you’re so lucky

Do it! Seriously if you wanna get slayed, do it! Its worth the money for sure!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

Yes! I got a ticket via ticketswap! Because of Gaga's illness she had to postpone the Europe leg. Which caused many people to sell their ticket and I took my chance!

So I was really lucky I got to be there!

Yeah, I was aware of that, I wanted to go but I broke up with my ex so I had no one to go with.

2 minutes ago, PopWorldwide said:

Yeah, I was aware of that, I wanted to go but I broke up with my ex so I had no one to go with.

I was alone too! It is fun to go with someone, but going alone is just as fun. People you dont know are nice people too is what I've learned there. Even I dont know them, they are so lovely! Especially at a concert, you know you share your love with Gaga so you have something to talk about!

Just now, KarenFromFinance said:

She’s not coming to Dublin :wendy12: 

Hide contents

I got tickets for the Reputation Stadium Tour tho :gretchen14: 

Considering going to the UK? It is worth it. Even if you get a seat somewhere in the back, Gaga will make sure you have a great time! With the catwalk and small stages, she will come to you as well and you have your moment.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jackgrande said:

I have a friend from School who is selling 4 standing tickets for the Paris date for max £150 although she'll take reasonable offers too

Just letting you know

:cheers2:

OT: I've really glad you had a great time! I'm considering buying my friends ticket

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dirkje said:

Considering going to the UK? It is worth it. Even if you get a seat somewhere in the back, Gaga will make sure you have a great time! With the catwalk and small stages, she will come to you as well and you have your moment.

The tickets are so expensive and my parents won't let me spend more of their money after I booked a trip to Italy without asking :wendy18: 

• Upvote 1