The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
beysus

Ed: "There's a very clear reason why" Grammy snubs happened

Upon being asked if he was disappointed when he heard the news, the Dividesinger said he was not, explaining that he understood why it happened. “There’s a very clear reason why that happened and it’s bigger than me, like much bigger than me, and like it’s just something that, again, it was just meant to be, that is the way that this year was meant to roll out,” he says.

“You know I’m not dying, it’s not like I’m never gonna be nominated for a Grammy again,” continues Sheeran. “And I was nominated for two Grammys. This is why everything’s meant to be. The week after that, I get an MBE from the palace, I go No. 1 on Spotify, I go No. 1 on Billboard, I’m about to have my second ever Billboard No. 1, like there’s so many other things in the mix that counterbalance it.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8062854/ed-sheeran-grammy-snubs-jingle-ball-interview

He didn't lie. Shape Of You is the biggest song of the decade and Divide was the biggest album of the past 2 years, but he didn't get in cause the Grammys wanted to guarantee there is a diverse winner

:beyr:

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, literally tilted said:

His album was bad, Shape of You was generic

Grammys shouldn't be rewarding people based on sales

Sometimes the interviews this ginger satan does just rubs me off the wrong way

TELL HA

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, literally tilted said:

2 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

TELL HA

Just now, jackgrande said:

The music was trash, just because it sold amazingly doesn’t mean he deserves a Grammy. He should get his head out of his ass already

JPvLqRx.gif

You guys are missing the point. Ed would've been nominated if it wasn't for the Grammy blue ribbon panel

The Grammy noms work like US elections, there is a vote but at the end, the final noms are decided by the panel who can choose whoever.

It's the reason why Lorde got an AOTY nom but not Pop Vocal, the committee wanted her in AOTY 

xJjVzRa.gif

Just now, beysus said:

You guys are missing the point. Ed would've been nominated if it wasn't for the Grammy blue ribbon panel

The Grammy noms work like US elections, there is a vote but at the end, the final noms are decided by the panel who can choose whoever.

It's the reason why Lorde got an AOTY nom but not Pop Vocal, the committee wanted her in AOTY 

xJjVzRa.gif

Or maybe he wasn’t chosen because his music was trash. It’s really simple actually 

xJjVzRa.gif

• Upvote 5

Guest messiah

I mean he's not wrong lol

If he got nominated for those big categories, he'll probably win all of them. Truly the male Adele, and you all just mad.

zz1aje6.gif 

He's right - he wasn't nominated because they're going to award a black person to shut people up for snubbing Bey/Kendrick the previous years. It's really disgusting and I hope the ratings are so abysmal they don't come back next year.

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

Or maybe he wasn’t chosen because his music was trash. It’s really simple actually 

xJjVzRa.gif

No. He didn't get nom cause the panel didn't want him winning over a diverse person (which he would have) and being a repeat of last year.

HDD did a whole article on it

xJjVzRa.gif

Just now, beysus said:

No. He didn't get nom cause the panel didn't want him winning over a diverse person (which he would have) and being a repeat of last year.

HDD did a whole article on it

xJjVzRa.gif

It's simple. People of color have made albums the past year more critically acclaimed than that trash ass album called Divide.

• Upvote 5

Just now, literally tilted said:

It's simple. People of color have made albums the past year more critically acclaimed than that trash ass album called Divide.

SIS, I'm not saying that they didn't, but I am saying that he was supposed to be nominated but the panel refused.

There is no way in hell Shape Of You did not make top 5 of ROTY noms and I would bet all my money that it was #1 most voted.

The Grammys should really have a rule where they can't change the top 3 most voted

xJjVzRa.gif

26 minutes ago, literally tilted said:

COLLECT THEM

:tellem2:

• Upvote 2

Just now, beysus said:

SIS, I'm not saying that they didn't, but I am saying that he was supposed to be nominated but the panel refused.

There is no way in hell Shape Of You did not make top 5 of ROTY noms and I would bet all my money that it was #1 most voted.

The Grammys should really have a rule where they can't change the top 3 most voted

xJjVzRa.gif

And why was he supposed to be nominated?

1 minute ago, literally tilted said:

And why was he supposed to be nominated?

I legit say why in the next line

xJjVzRa.gif

Just now, beysus said:

I legit say why in the next line

xJjVzRa.gif

There's like no evidence supporting that, why would they vote for a Cheap Thrills rip off when even Cheap Thrills can't get a ROTY nom

:wendy19:

• Upvote 1