New COP Promotion!!! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
TeamPiaMia

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE ABLE TO SING TO MAKE GOOD MUSIC

Since COP is obsessed with attacking artist for their vocal talent...I'm making this thread

You don't need to be able to SANG to make good fucking music.There's plenty or artist who are capable of creating an emotion and connection in their music without screaming and shouting!

Here's a few artist who get criticism for their voice but make EXCELLENT Bops

The Queen of Dance-Pop herself!The first girl to whisper her way to the top!Janet didn't need a hard hitting voice like her contemporaries Mariah and Whitney to have chart success in the 90's. She easily has so much more charisma than these girls!

I couldn't see anyone but Mrs.Britney singing this track.Excellent Bop that required barely any vocal talent.

Now Selena is the target for this tired argument!Give it a rest guys!Her music still bops and the girl only got a two-octave vocal range.

4 minutes ago, CarlySlayJepsen said:

Noah fence sis but I don't think people are saying that bad singers have bad songs :nickifake: we drag their VOCALS, not music (if it's good music lol)

Sis stop it!Theres a whole post where ya'll dragging Selena,saying she don't deseve her fame cuz she can't sing!Mrs.Gomez breathed to damn hard into her microphone to be insulted like this.

Image result for just sayin gif

2 minutes ago, life13swift said:

I sort of agree with this. You don't need a big voice like Mariah Carey to sing a song. People should be able to top the charts and make whatever music that they want

Bjork's voice is anything but conventional and her music is other wordly

I agree. I don't really care if an artist can sing so well or not. Tbh if they serve me bops, that's all I care about. The music industry right now is about what makes you dance and feel hooked. Like, when people drag artists for their flop vocals I don't really care unless they're also downgrading their achievements in the industry. Selena for example can't hold a note for her life, but she serves us bops most of the time; to say she doesn't deserve her success is uncalled for.

The -only- exception where singers' fame and success should be frowned upon is with classical singing, in which there is no music video, dancing, and fan interactions involved -- it's all about the vocals. But really, who the heck has the time to stan those people lol.

• Upvote 2

Biggest example is Selena Gomez, she makes EXCELLENT music, especially lately.

Demi Lovato has a great voice, her music though sucks. That's why the GP chooses Selena over Demi.

18 minutes ago, justcatchmedemi said:

But you should be able to sing if you're a singer 

IFCnIBy.gif 

But they're not singers. They're artists. They're people who produce, write, or sing their own music. Lorde isn't the best vocalist out there but man can she tell a story through a song and album. That's what the music industry needs. The vocals don't matter if the beat isn't good and it doesn't tell a story that pulls you in.

2 minutes ago, amicablejesus said:

But they're not singers. They're artists. They're people who produce, write, or sing their own music. Lorde isn't the best vocalist out there but man can she tell a story through a song and album. That's what the music industry needs. The vocals don't matter if the beat isn't good and it doesn't tell a story that pulls you in.

Selena basically just sing songs written for her. She can't dance, she doesn't have strong vocals, she doesn't write (minus like 1 or 2  co-credits) and she doesn't play instruments. How does that make her an artist??? Artists are supposed to create.