The Return of CAL Read more... ×

God

I think it's time for me to stop disrespecting Katy Perry

Hi guys I think it's time for me to stop disrespecting Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson aka Katy Perry. I have consistently shown my distaste towards Katy Perry, I have called her a hypocrite and a bad lyricist ever since she released Witness. In response, Katy Perry and Katycats alike have down voted me into oblivion. I have reflected on my actions since and have came to the conclusion that Katy Perry is actually a WOKE Queen. Her album Witness was robbed of an AOTY Grammy Nomination, I think it's unfair that Jay Z swiped his credit card for his Grammy noms to keep the AOTY category from have one WOC in the nominations this year.

I now believe that as a woke WOC, Katy Perry has contributed a lot towards social justice, more than Beyonce. Her song "Ur So Gay" has ended homophobia, something Lady Fadga could've never achieved in her fad of a career. She also made fun of Britney's very public meltdown which led to more of a greater acceptance towards mental illnesses. After her incident with smoking kale, America legalized smoking kale. Beyonce couldn't have done any of these things.

Her lyrics are actually amazing, and to be fair, you need a high IQ to understand her lyrics. The wokeness is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of doctorate-level philosophy much of the wokeness will fly over your head. "Chinese water torture" refers to Donald Trump's inability to hold a water bottle which tortures the people watching him, it's Chinese because Katy Perry is inclusive of all races like Asians. "I struggle and chuggle" indicates her deep understanding of Chinese cuisine and other cultures. According to Urban Dictionary, chuggle is the shit you take after eating bad Chinese food. "Red lipstick but still so raw, yeah" is about Taylor Swift and her understanding of pussies. 

We also have to stop pitting WOC with WOC, like our WOC Katy Perry and Latina pop girl Taylor Swift. They are both very successful WOC who broke barriers in the pop industry and inspired many WOC. 

Can I get a WITNESS?

:demilip:

• Upvote 1

now dont move on to gaga cause u will get dragged thru the dirt hun its best to not touch the art painting in the museum u wont get away with it 

gif-9.gif 

3 minutes ago, literally tilted said:

Chinese water torture" refers to Donald Trump's inability to hold a water bottle which tortures the people watching him, it's Chinese because Katy Perry is inclusive of all races like Asians. "I struggle and chuggle" indicates her deep understanding of Chinese cuisine and other cultures. According to Urban Dictionary, chuggle is the shit you take after eating bad Chinese food. "Red lipstick but still so raw, yeah" is about Taylor Swift and her understanding of pussies. 

fxMWxFk.gif

we love an incredible lyricist!! only people who appreciate true art can understand these lyrics

In all seriousness though i’m SCREAMING at this :kelly: i’m howling, the lyrics on witness are trash but the album did deserve some Grammy nominations. It was experimental and a completely unique album, one of Katy’s best.

• Upvote 1