Guest messiah

I said it once, ill say it again...

CoP

hates

successful

men

Guest messiah
1 minute ago, LetKneeBe said:

Is he successful, though? His new single is absolute garbage, so much so that Britney Jean sounds orgasmic in comparison. 

At least he understands the stigma that comes with that type of residency. Gaga should have known. 

Guest messiah
Just now, LetKneeBe said:

That stigma is outdated, archaic. Young people are now the majority of Las Vegas' demographic

I remember Gaga getting her Vegas deal and a slew of memes popping up. I also remember people calling her a fad, as well as saying her career is over. Maybe not in direct correlation to the Vegas deal, but it sure as hell didn't help

3 minutes ago, beysus said:

Y’ can’t call him a flop when he is currently 10x bigger than Methney

DUH he's outselling Britney at the moment! He's the damn Superbowl performer! :lmfao: The amount of hype and promo that comes from that announcement ALONE is more promo than Make Me ever received. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ɖʍəəɓʐ said:

I remember Gaga getting her Vegas deal and a slew of memes popping up. I also remember people calling her a fad, as well as saying her career is over. Maybe not in direct correlation to the Vegas deal, but it sure as hell didn't help

The only reason Vegas was seen as a retirement gig was because of the age demographic at the time. That demographic has shifted significantly nowadays due to the fact that most of Vegas' revenues now come from fine dining and concerts/nightclubs/entertainment rather than gambling.

Guest messiah
Just now, LetKneeBe said:

The only reason Vegas was seen as a retirement gig was because of the age demographic at the time. That demographic has shifted significantly nowadays due to the fact that most of Vegas' revenues now come from fine dining and concerts/nightclubs/entertainment rather than gambling.

Until thats common knowledge to the GP, Vegas deals will always carry a retirement stigma. Arguing with me about it isnt going to change that.

2 minutes ago, ɖʍəəɓʐ said:

Until thats common knowledge to the GP, Vegas deals will always carry a retirement stigma. Arguing with me about it isnt going to change that.

And who do you think makes up the GP? YOUNG PEOPLE! :lmfao: 

The people who call Vegas a retirement gig are the people who have been around when that was actually the case. In other words, not young people, but people like Madonna fans who are out of touch with what Vegas has become. 

I doubt Britney was even on his mind when he said this, isn't it a well known thing that certain artists perform in vegas after their prime like Cher?

2 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

I doubt Britney was even on his mind when he said this, isn't it a well known thing that certain artists perform in vegas after their prime like Cher?

After their prime =/= retirement. And really it depends on the money. Touring is more expensive for the label than a residency is, and the artist receives more money out of the residency deal than a tour, unless of course the tour is a stadium tour. Because in order to make the same amount of money from a Vegas show and an overseas show, you'd have to charge a premium price and the venue would have to be bigger. 

• Upvote 1