The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Does Taylor Swift get a lot of unnecessary hate?

Pinned posts

People are always trying to label her as racist, Neo-Nazi, Trump Supporter based off accusations or allegations and NO evidence. It's honestly shocking how much hate she gets when she's one of the least problematic pop stars out imo.

D6KOlcH.png .

It feels like bandwagon hate and jealousy. Ask anyone why they like Taylor and they can't give a legit reason except "she plays victim!" "her songs suck!"

But she's honestly not problematic, she's done shady things but literally every artist has done shady things in this business.

What has Taylor done that's problematic?

-"She writes song about her relationships and sometimes paints the guy negatively while playing the victim!" Literally everyone does it.

-"She's apolitical and won't comment on politics or controversial topics!"  Why are you looking for political commentary from a pop star in the first place?

"She released her music the same week as Katy!" shady yes, but not that big of a deal.

meanwhile ya'll go up and forgive your faves who have done WAY more problematic shit than Taylor and it's all water under the bridge.

Artist who have contaminated food for public consumption and made anti american comments.

Tweeted Homophobic comments 

kMxnA3e.png

Transphobia

So why are artist who done WAY more problematic things forgiven while Taylor is still held to the petty things she did and called the worst person on earth?

Just now, Believe In Furler said:

I'm guilty of it but i still think shes a very selfish person who only thinks about herself

How did you come to that conclusion? 

Guest messiah

Her music is all about herself, she obsesses over herself. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8130716 

I think a lot of people hate her for no reason other than it's the popular thing to do, which is the dumbest reason of all to do anything, lbr. Like, no need to be your own person anymore when there's a bandwagon to jump on!!!

Really, it's old and unnecessary. She seems a sweet girl who's just using her creative outlet to cope. Isn't that what all songwriters do? 

I don't think she deserves the hate, not at all. I get personal preferences when it comes to music, and I get just not liking someone/something ... but it takes a LOT of fucking energy to legit hate someone. Re-channel your efforts into something useful and maybe the world wouldn't be so damn shitty all the time.

• Upvote 1

Taylor has always talked about her apolitical stance. Although she chooses to be informed as possible, she said she feels like she doesn't know enough nor is it her job to tell people who to vote for. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

How did you come to that conclusion? 

I think overtime (probably between 1989 - Rep) she's just become more reliant on herself but it's made her (atleast to me) public image look really... shady. Her music is all about herself, she obsesses over herself. She's basically the female Kanye :wendy20:

• Upvote 2

I think overtime (probably between 1989 - Rep) she's just become more reliant on herself but it's made her (atleast to me) public image look really... shady. Her music is all about herself, she obsesses over herself. She's basically the female Kanye :wendy20:

Whose perspective is she supposed to write from then?

:wendy19:

• Upvote 2

The SZA example I wouldn't say is fully credible it's from 7 years ago, and seeing how she is now I'd really doubt those views stuck with her; could be wrong but it's a stretch

I will say that recent Taylor thing was so fucking dumb :rip: god forbid anybody have a good year or openly admit it, it was around her birthday even iirc, I miss how transparent and open she was during 1989 and wish she was still like that but jesus fuck if I opened my mouth to even compliment somebody and they yell at me for talking to somebody mourning I'd never want to speak again; also thought it was hypocritical when this article was out short after and nobody blinked an eye :tehe: 

Also not to mention iirc a post on the TS subreddit pointed out a different celebrity stated they had a wonderful year and only got compliments soooo

• Upvote 1

I think she’s been the target of swarms of people hating of her as of now, after the Kimye drama and her silence on politics. It’s a bit much but she brought it to herself.

It's always the same. It's about her relationships and that's it. I still come to the conclusion everytime that if she had other people write her next album it would genuinely be her best one

A lot of pop songs are about relationships

Having people write her next album somewhat eliminates the factor that makes Taylor Swift Taylor Swift. Her songwriting abilities have always been praised and I think it shows in albums like Red.