Sign in to follow this  

Option for users to hide posts?

I know there’s used to be an option for users to hide their own posts and I’m wondering if that option will be available again 

Just now, PopWorldwide said:

Hmm. I don’t know. You could ask one of us (section) moderators to hide your post in the meantime 

Hiding a post because you made a mistake/double post should be something you can solve yourself. Like I said as a mod you can see hidden posts. So hiding your own posts isnt a way to try to get away with breaking a rule.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

Hiding a post because you made a mistake/double post should be something you can solve yourself. Like I said as a mod you can see hidden posts. So hiding your own posts isnt a way to try to get away with breaking a rule.

Yeah, true I was just suggesting until this becomes a thing you could ask us, I’m all down for the idea, as long it’s used for the right purposes 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PopWorldwide said:

Yeah, true I was just suggesting until this becomes a thing you could ask us, I’m all down for the idea, as long it’s used for the right purposes 

I agree. But thats where the mods can control it. 

In anyways, it never hurts to try something!

Guest messiah

I tend to just edit my posts if I say something I know a lot of people wont agree on

I feel like this is a good idea, but at the same time it's kind of a double-edged sword.

Like, I just know that some members would abuse a function like this and ruin it for everyone else who wanted it for a legit reason.

4 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

I feel like this is a good idea, but at the same time it's kind of a double-edged sword.

Like, I just know that some members would abuse a function like this and ruin it for everyone else who wanted it for a legit reason.

It wouldn't matter since us mods can see all the hidden posts. :lucifer3:

Editing the post would be better than hiding if you said something awful and wanted to hide from the consequences.mp3. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

It wouldn't matter since us mods can see all the hidden posts. :lucifer3:

Editing the post would be better than hiding if you said something awful and wanted to hide from the consequences.mp3. 

I know that, but there aren't that many of you and I just feel like it would put a lot more on your workload, so to speak.

So y'all can't see if a post has been edited?

Just now, Heartbeat said:

I know that, but there aren't that many of you and I just feel like it would put a lot more on your workload, so to speak.

So y'all can't see if a post has been edited?

you'd be surprised, my team are pretty quick to point the wrong things... I feel if hidden posts was available it be a slow day for us haha. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sempiternal said:

you'd be surprised, my team are pretty quick to point the wrong things... I feel if hidden posts was available it be a slow day for us haha. 

Slow days could be nice tho lol. I get what you're saying ... I guess I just thought with as big as the board is it'd get overwhelming having to police who was hiding what and for what reason.