Maren Swift

Country Music General Discussion

5 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

I know a lot of y'all aren't big on male artists but ...

Thought on Chris Stapleton?

His albums are good even though he is a little overrated.

His song with Timberlake is the first from Out Of The Woods that I like. Ip9mV5u.gif

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

His albums are good even though he is a little overrated.

His song with Timberlake is the first from Out Of The Woods that I like. Ip9mV5u.gif

I'm pretty sure I listened to The Traveler like 175000 times when it first came out lol. It was basically the only acceptable option I was given by the "friends" I was with at the time bc one of em was all into that pop shit that tries to pass as country nowadays ... so I grew to appreciate him as more of an actual country artist. I really love that album.

It's nice, they sounds good together. Like, neither one overpowers the other ... just kinda flows. I been asking for this literally since the CMA performance a few years ago so I was really really hoping it wouldn't be disappointing, not that I really thought it would be. I watched the video earlier, that's actually what had me thinking of Chris, I think.

Y7yvXYM.gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Heartbeat said:

I'm pretty sure I listened to The Traveler like 175000 times when it first came out lol. It was basically the only acceptable option I was given by the "friends" I was with at the time bc one of em was all into that pop shit that tries to pass as country nowadays ... so I grew to appreciate him as more of an actual country artist. I really love that album.

It's nice, they sounds good together. Like, neither one overpowers the other ... just kinda flows. I been asking for this literally since the CMA performance a few years ago so I was really really hoping it wouldn't be disappointing, not that I really thought it would be. I watched the video earlier, that's actually what had me thinking of Chris, I think.

Y7yvXYM.gif

I probably need to re-listen to Chris Stapleton. It has been a while since I have. Y7yvXYM.gif

Looking at the album writers list there are some others written by Stapleton so I'm hoping those are good too. Ip9mV5u.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

I probably need to re-listen to Chris Stapleton. It has been a while since I have. Y7yvXYM.gif

Looking at the album writers list there are some others written by Stapleton so I'm hoping those are good too. Ip9mV5u.gif

I feel like I needa do the same ... I just have to motivate myself to add the album onto my phone now that I can. 

I look forward to anything they do together, they really do work well together as both writers and vocalists. They been friends for like 10 years, so I guess it makes sense they work so well together at this point. And it's nice to see Justin kinda going back to his roots a bit. I think his granddaddy would be proud of that. 

Ip9mV5u.gif

I think this is my fave of the newer gifs and I don't even know why lol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, KnightofCrescentLovatic said:

I see what you did there.

:taylucifer3:

Clever right?!?! 4kEkAQ1.gif

Side note, I can't believe I let myself forget how gorgeous that music video is!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, KnightofCrescentLovatic said:

@Melodramátic  I'm finally listening to Brett Young's album I like it so far.

OMG TASTE.

Olivia Mae, Like I Loved You, In Case You Didn't Know, Close Enough & You Ain't Here To Kiss Me are my faves.

Br0T7Rl.gif

Are there any artists y'all really wanted to like, but you just can't?

Like, for me Luke Bryan is one of them ... I really like some of his songs lyrically and musically but his diction drives me absolutely insane and I cannot listen to him sing bc of that. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

Like, for me Luke Bryan is one of them ... I really like some of his songs lyrically and musically but his diction drives me absolutely insane and I cannot listen to him sing bc of that. 

Some of his songs are awful like Shake That Country Girl. :vom:

The only song for me that I can listen to is Move.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

Some of his songs are awful like Shake That Country Girl. :vom:

The only song for me that I can listen to is Move.

I noticed that the longer he's been in the mainstream (so to speak) the more trash his music has become. So I guess it's a good thing I wasn't able to get past the diction thing and give him a second chance lol.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I noticed that the longer he's been in the mainstream (so to speak) the more trash his music has become. So I guess it's a good thing I wasn't able to get past the diction thing and give him a second chance lol.

Oh btw I've be re-listening to Chris Stapleton's music after the Grammys and it is really good.

Parachute is stuck in my head all the time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maren Swift said:

Oh btw I've be re-listening to Chris Stapleton's music after the Grammys and it is really good.

Parachute is stuck in my head all the time.

This is one of my favorites of his as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blue Sunshine said:

I hate him, he's like the main reason I'm not watching the American Idol reboot. He's so gross and greasy plus his music sucks. The fact he's seen as attractive and successful makes me dislike him even more tbh. :wendy21:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Breakdown said:

I hate him, he's like the main reason I'm not watching the American Idol reboot. He's so gross and greasy plus his music sucks. The fact he's seen as attractive and successful makes me dislike him even more tbh. :wendy21:

I forgot he was doing Idol ... oh lawd!

brns5k5.gif

All the more reason not to watch it.

I like I guess it was his debut single, Do I?, but like I said ... I can't. It's too much to get past and it drives me insane. I've heard a few other songs over the years but I just can't get past the distaste for all that. 

He's seen as attractive? Really?

brns5k5.gif

• Upvote 1