Maren Swift

Country Music General Discussion

I am making a general discussion thread for all country music because I want somewhere to discuss it and post about what I am listening to in the genre. I also don't think individual country artists would have a big enough fanbase for a stanbase thread.

So to start off I will post the amazing current #1 on Billboard's Country Radio chart:

• Upvote 6

I just wanted to say that Kacey Musgraves is THAT bitch. Same Trailer Different Park is the best debut country album of all time, Pageant Material was an amazing but underrated followup, and Follow Your Arrow is one of the best country songs of all time. :mememe:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Melodramátic said:

my fave:

Hide contents

hm:

and my fave Brett song ever HjFZiK6.gif:

I'm definitely adding the album to my playlists now. :lucifer3:

1 minute ago, vendettaswift said:

I just wanted to say that Kacey Musgraves is THAT bitch. Same Trailer Different Park is the best debut country albums of all time, Pageant Material was an amazing but underrated followup, and Follow Your Arrow is one of the best country songs of all time. :mememe:

Yes! We stan taste! I love her sound. :mememe:

• Upvote 1

I never thought I liked country music, then I worked at Dollar General and that was literally the only genre we were allowed to play. Turns out I can kinda get with the country after all. I've always like the old country & western ... like Hank, Hank Jr, David Allan Coe, etc. but I never really cared too too much for the newer stuff until a few years ago.

I like this song a lot. My David wrote it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

I never thought I liked country music, then I worked at Dollar General and that was literally the only genre we were allowed to play. Turns out I can kinda get with the country after all. I've always like the old country & western ... like Hank, Hank Jr, David Allan Coe, etc. but I never really cared too too much for the newer stuff until a few years ago.

I like this song a lot. My David wrote it.

That's sweet. The newer stuff can be good like Maren but also trash like Body Like A Backroad or most of FGL's music.

It has been almost two years since I first listened to Maren which got me into more and more country music. And now I listen to soo much of it. The only country I listened to before that was Taylor. 

• Upvote 2

I like some of Cam's songs. I discovered her when she performed with 5H at the Country Music Awards :rip:

• Upvote 2

Just now, KnightofCrescentLovatic said:

Nope I shall.

Her latest album The Weight Of These Wings was amazing and snubbed at the Grammys.

It should have been nominated for best album overall but wasn't even nominated for best country album. :iamdisgusted:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

That's sweet. The newer stuff can be good like Maren but also trash like Body Like A Backroad or most of FGL's music.

It has been almost two years since I first listened to Maren which got me into more and more country music. And now I listen to soo much of it. The only country I listened to before that was Taylor. 

I like the C&W stuff bc it reminds me of my papa ... he was a big Hank Williams fan. My da is too, he's where I discovered those artists to begin with.

FGL is bottom of the barrel ... it's so sad how terrible they are. I actually bought one of their songs, lord help me, only bc of BSB and not even that could save it for me.

I liked Dixie Chicks, Rascal Flatts (I've met them, before they got big time famous) and Tim McGraw before ... but my knowledge of and ability to enjoy country has greatly expanded since then. I'm not full on country stan, but I do appreciate the good in it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Heartbeat said:

I like the C&W stuff bc it reminds me of my papa ... he was a big Hank Williams fan. My da is too, he's where I discovered those artists to begin with.

FGL is bottom of the barrel ... it's so sad how terrible they are. I actually bought one of their songs, lord help me, only bc of BSB and not even that could save it for me.

I liked Dixie Chicks, Rascal Flatts (I've met them, before they got big time famous) and Tim McGraw before ... but my knowledge of and ability to enjoy country has greatly expanded since then. I'm not full on country stan, but I do appreciate the good in it.

How? Please spill the details.

I live in Australia so the chances of me meeting an American country musician is minimal.

I like Tim McGraw and listen to some of his stuff. I was originally introduced to him thanks to a Taylucifer feature:

• Upvote 2