Sign in to follow this  
Pixelated Kunt

Taylor Swift, Lorde and Ed Sheeran Are Reportedly Ditching The Grammys

taylor-swift-lorde-grammys-ed-sheeran-ju

It appears the music industry's distaste for awards shows is growing increasingly stronger. In recent years, massive stars like Justin Bieber and Drake have chosen to skip the ceremony altogether because they feel like it doesn't accurately represent talent and artistry, and the 2018 awards show will have a couple more noticeably absent nominees.

According to a new report from Hits Daily Double, Justin Timberlake won't perform/appear because he's preparing for the Super Bowl Halftime Show, but it's worth mentioning he's had bad blood with the Recording Academy for years – he reportedly felt like they snubbed The 20/20 Experience from some major categories.

There's also some major chatter that Ed Sheeran won't show, either, because the RA kept him from some of the top categories to avoid another #GrammysSoWhite controversy. By not including a white performer for the sake of being PC is also problematic.

HDD also claims Taylor Swift is "declining to appear."

Ditto for Lorde. The Melodrama singer is the only female singer nominated in the Album of the Year category, so it's very odd that she won't attend. The site is speculating that the RA did not ask her to perform, and that made Lorde's team "extremely unhappy." Guess she won't be receiving the AOTY award...

Previously announced 2018 Grammys performers include Alessia Cara, Cardi B, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Pink, SZA and more.

http://www.breatheheavy.com/taylor-swift-lorde-ed-sheeran-reportedly-ditching-grammys/

Guest messiah

I did find it weird that Lorde wasnt going to perform, but if she doesnt attend, I may unstan cause thats just bitchy attitude. 

Guest messiah
Just now, beysus said:

These things are so dumb tbh. You didn't get an award, sucks to suck.

Don't have a fit and refuse to show up.

JT has been pressed ever since the 2014 Grammys because his album wasn't nominated for AOTY. Such a crybaby! His album was horrible and did not deserve a thing.

Lorde not going cause they didn't ask her to perform? Like I love you Lorde, but no one wants to see another VMA 2017 Part 2. Be happy that you got a fucking AOTY nom and deal with it.

Now Taylor sis, I love you, you're my #2 fave, but LWYMMD wasn't Grammy material. It's a great song but it doesn't feel like one that is a Grammy winner. Plus you have 2 AOTY so idk why you are having a fit.

The only one I can actually understand is Ed. He had the biggest album of the year with Divide, and the biggest song of the decade with SOY. He was definitely snubbed. But when you are snubbed, you should show up, perform and show them how much you deserved it.

All of them need to take advice from the Queen of being robbed at the Grammys, yet she still shows up:

Beyonce-Sometimes-You-Lose.gif?ssl=1

25 deserved 

tumblr_omt25xDUTR1tm4tz8o1_400.gif 

2 minutes ago, beysus said:

These things are so dumb tbh. You didn't get an award, sucks to suck.

Don't have a fit and refuse to show up.

JT has been pressed ever since the 2014 Grammys because his album wasn't nominated for AOTY. Such a crybaby! His album was horrible and did not deserve a thing.

Lorde not going cause they didn't ask her to perform? Like I love you Lorde, but no one wants to see another VMA 2017 Part 2. Be happy that you got a fucking AOTY nom and deal with it.

Now Taylor sis, I love you, you're my #2 fave, but LWYMMD wasn't Grammy material. It's a great song but it doesn't feel like one that is a Grammy winner. Plus you have 2 AOTY so idk why you are having a fit.

The only one I can actually understand is Ed. He had the biggest album of the year with Divide, and the biggest song of the decade with SOY. He was definitely snubbed. But when you are snubbed, you should show up, perform and show them how much you deserved it.

All of them need to take advice from the Queen of being robbed at the Grammys, yet she still shows up:

Beyonce-Sometimes-You-Lose.gif?ssl=1

The amount of tea in this thread 

vtUAvwV.thumb.gif.627d2da3351eb1d3cc8e93

lbr award shows these past few years have been really dry, no one does anything noteworthy to watch. Everyone just stands and walk around and still manage to sound tone death. Award show winners are also easy to google.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bardi Season said:

I’m screaming! This will literally be the most irrelevant unwatched unattended Grammys in history. All thanks to SJWs. Let this be a lesson to all companies and events that pander to SJWs. #GrammysSoSJW

Everyone thought that last year with Drake and Justin not attending, but it actually boosted the ratings.

Then again they had 2 superstars Bey and Adele, while this year they have no one

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maren Swift said:

Lorde knows she'd get backlash if she won against 4 POC. The Grammys are trying to clean up the mess from last year so the chance of her winning is small anyways. 

And yet she has the best album. Anti white racism alive and well.

Guest messiah

I’m screaming! This will literally be the most irrelevant unwatched unattended Grammys in history. All thanks to SJWs. Let this be a lesson to all companies and events that pander to SJWs. #GrammysSoSJW

Sometimes, I don’t know what the hell youre saying. .-.

SJWs want emotes banned because we're putting on people's emotions that are not our own and that apparently isn't respectful. 

Rebel against them and add some more for us. Many have ten upvotes in the emote thread.

:lucifer3:

• Upvote 3

Just now, beysus said:

Everyone thought that last year with Drake and Justin not attending, but it actually boosted the ratings.

Then again they had 2 superstars Bey and Adele, while this year they have no one

That had nothing to do with SJWs though because the Grammys hadn’t yet pandered to them. SJWs are going to be the death of the Grammys! I can’t 

11 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

The Grammys have given all three of them multiple awards in the past. I don't see why they're having a fit over not getting super star treatment this time around :rip: Taylor and Ed will probably still win something anyway.

This is what irks me the most, their stupid reasoning. Like boohoo, get over it. Beyoncé lost out on AOTY twice when she definitely deserved at least one win but she still shows up. Saying that, the Grammys are pretty trash now so at least there is some justification for people deciding to ditch the show. 

• Upvote 4

That had nothing to do with SJWs though because the Grammys hadn’t yet pandered to them. SJWs are going to be the death of the Grammys! I can’t 

So because people want more representation, they’re SJWs?! Jesus Christ lmao :deadbanana: I mean this isn’t even the confirmed reason as to why Ed wasn’t nominated (his album sucks).

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lemons said:

I mean this isn’t even the confirmed reason as to why Ed wasn’t nominated (his album sucks).

It doesn't have to be confirmed. It os legit the only reason why Ed was snubbed. He definitely made the top 5 of all the General Fields but the committee wanted to be diverse.

I, however, do not agree that "SJWs" are ruining Grammys.

Just now, Lemons said:

So because people want more representation, they’re SJWs?! Jesus Christ lmao :deadbanana: I mean this isn’t even the confirmed reason as to why Ed wasn’t nominated (his album sucks).

And why the hell should the Grammys just include people of difference races just because they need to fill an SJW demanded quota? What happened to the actual best people and music being nominated? Hell, if record of the year had all black people nominated because they genuinely had the best songs then I would applaud that. But no this is identity politics at play and the Grammys have fallen for it.

1 minute ago, Bardi Season said:

And why the hell should the Grammys just include people of difference races just because they need to fill an SJW demanded quota?

And why the hell should the Grammys continuously nominate and award white people year after year when some of the music black have released has been better? 

What happened to the actual best people and music being nominated?

Every album nominated for AOTY is better than Ed’s trash.

Hell, if record of the year had all black people nominated because they genuinely had the best songs then I would applaud that.

Yes, because that has never happened before yet for YEARS there have been all white nominees for record of the year. It’s quite simple to understand actually.

But no this is identity politics at play and the Grammys have fallen for it.

If you think identify politics is the reason black people are being awarded and recognised for their work then that says a lot about you  :nailfile:

• Upvote 3