Sign in to follow this  
Desperado

Happy Birthday Aaliyah!

to honor the late R&B singer Aaliyah Dana Haughton, i wanted to appreciate her success on her 39th birthday :love: 

Happy Birthday Baby Girl <3 we miss you <3 

İlgili resimaaliyah ile ilgili görsel sonucu

you can check out the legends music from her YouTube channel:

let me give you some quick facts about her :wendy2:

Spoiler

Aaliyah's funeral

At Aaliyah's funeral 22 white doves were released to symbolise each year of Aaliyah's life. Diane Haughton, mother of R&B star Aaliyah, releases doves in front of the St. Ignatius Loyola Church in New York following the funeral services.

Spoiler

Jessica Alba Honey

Aaliyah was originally cast as Jessica Alba's 'Honey', but passed away before filming began.

Spoiler

At age nine Aaliyah competed on the TV show 'Star Search' - but lost and cried.

Host of the show Ed McMahon said "There's a thing that you see when somebody walks out on the stage, I call it the fire… And that's what I saw with Aaliyah"

Spoiler

İlgili resimaaliyah rock the boat ile ilgili görsel sonucuaaliyah rock the boat gif ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Aaliyah kept 'Rock The Boat' for 2 years before release, as her label thought it was too sexual.

Spoiler

Aaliyah

Aaliyah had her mum, dad or brother on every video shoot apart from on the 'Rock The Boat.'

It was on the way back from filming the video for 'Rock The Boat' that Aaliyah's plane crashed and she tragically died. In October 2001, her brother Rashad stated: "It really boggles everyone [that] from day one, every single video she ever shot there's always been myself or my mother or my father there. You ask yourself maybe we could have stopped it. But you can't really answer the question."

Spoiler

İlgili resim

Aaliyah graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA.

Spoiler

İlgili resim

Aaliyah was named after a Swahili word meaning "the highest, most exalted one."

Spoiler

Aaliyah and Missy Elliott

When someone called Missy Elliott to tell her Aaliyah had passed, she thought they were joking.

Aaliyah's good friend Missy Elliott said after Aaliyah passed away: "It's like losing a family member. It's not like Aaliyah the superstar, the celebrity. It's like my little sister. You feel empty, you feel in shock, you feel angry. That's a feeling I can’t even really explain."

Spoiler

Aaliyah and Dame Dash

Damon Dash and Aaliyah had plans to get married.

Damon Dash, Aaliyah's boyfriend at the time of her death, said after she passed; "As soon as she had time, we were getting married, like after The Matrix sequels". Aaliyah never filmed The Matrix Sequels, nor did she marry Dash.

Spoiler

Aaliyah

Aaliyah was considered for the role of Alex in 'Charlie's Angels'.

The casting directors deemed her too young and gave the part to Lucy Liu instead.

Spoiler

Aaliyah

Aaliyah had a bet with Missy Elliott about who would wear a dress first as neither of them ever did.

As you can see, Aaliyah lost.

Spoiler

Aaliyah 2

Aaliyah was known for her cool temperament, apparently, she never showed anger.

The story goes that when Aaliyah lost out on an award for her 'One In A Million' album, Missy Elliot (the producer) was visibly unhappy. But in her own words; "I never seen Aaliyah get mad." Apparently Aaliyah reacted by saying 'It's cool… I'm just happy to be nominated.' "I never seen her go out of character" Missy said.

Spoiler

aaliyah one in a million gif ile ilgili görsel sonucuİlgili resimaaliyah one in a million gif ile ilgili görsel sonucu 

Timbaland & Missy thought they'd need to convince Aaliyah to record 'One In A Million'.

Missy Elliott and Timbaland, who at the time hadn't produced for anyone of Aaliyah's calibre, presented her with 'One In A Million' prepared to convince her it could be a hit - but as Missy recalls, she didn't need convincing. as "We didn’t have to convince her, she was like, I’m telling you, this is hot. I knew then there was a chemistry. She wasn’t close-minded. She was an artist that got it" Missy told Fader.

Spoiler

İlgili resimaaliyah more than a woman ile ilgili görsel sonucuaaliyah more than a woman gif ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Aaliyah was the first female artist to have a posthumous number one in the UK.

Aaliyah's 'More Than A Woman' hit the chart topping spot in January 2002. 

Spoiler

İlgili resimaaliyah try again ile ilgili görsel sonucuaaliyah try again gif ile ilgili görsel sonucu

'Try Again' topped the Billboard Hot 100 solely on airplay.

Aaliyah was the first artist in Billboard history to achieve this 

Spoiler

17.jpgAaliyah_album_cover.jpgMI0002555066.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

The week after Aaliyah's death her third studio album rose from no. 19 to no. 1 on the Billboard 200

The album shot from Number Nineteen to Number One with an increase from 62,081 copies to 305,911, according to SoundScan.

The album is also the best selling album from a black female artist of 00s! It has sold 13,5M copies WW (reportedly).

Spoiler

In 1998, at age 19, Aaliyah became the youngest singer to perform at the Academy Awards.

Spoiler

aaliyah ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Aaliyah's nicknames included 'Baby Girl', 'Queen Of Urban Pop' and 'Princess Of R&B'.

Spoiler

Aaliyah

Aaliyah is listed by Billboard as the 27th most successful R&B artist in history.

22 year old singer Aaliyah was killed in a plane crash in the Bahamas.

18 minutes ago, sidetoside said:

I thought it's some member :wendy18: Happy Birthday <3

????????

Just now, Liberty Van Zandt said:

She would've been 39 :wendy20:. It does not seem like it'll be 15 years since her death come this August. I still bop to all her albums.

Happy Anniversary baby girl!

i really like you tho :wendy41:

she could be the biggest artist imo, she had that potential :cry::cry: 

Happy Birthday in Paradise Baby Girl

giphy.webp

Spoiler

It's still so hard to think about her sometimes. It still just doesn't seem real, every once in a while I'm thrown back to the moment I heard the news and wish it were all just a bad dream.

She was such a blessing, too good for this Earth. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

It's still so hard to think about her sometimes. It still just doesn't seem real, every once in a while I'm thrown back to the moment I heard the news and wish it were all just a bad dream.

She was such a blessing, too good for this Earth.

Spoiler

everything happened in career so fast...the worst thing is that she HAD that potential to be the main artist & it all happened in her 'nearly' prime era :cry: she was about to shine like Bey, Brit & Rih after the release of self-titled :cry: it just makes me really mad :cry: (she still managed to sell 6M,8M & 13M copies with her albums :slay:)

2 minutes ago, mrtblr said:
  Hide contents

everything happened in career so fast...the worst thing is that she HAD that potential to be the main artist & it all happened in her 'nearly' prime era :cry: she was about to shine like Bey, Brit & Rih after the release of self-titled :cry: it just makes me really mad :cry: (she still managed to sell 6M,8M & 13M copies with her albums :slay:)

Absolutely agree. When it came to potential and absolute star power ... she was the total package. Literally everything the industry wanted/needed.