The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

COPCRITIC | "A SEAT AT THE TABLE" BY SOLANGE | SCORE: 93/100

97/100

Solange explored various pertinent themes throughout this project and I am really proud of her. Sis always gives good music prior to this album release but not much have recognized her talent. The production is great, her vocal delivery and lyrics are really up to par. The best album of 2016 imo. Sis better slay! I only minus points because imo some of the interludes were not needed.

Fav songs: Dont touch my hair,cranes in the sky,scales and where do we go

• Upvote 2

95/100

A beautiful album. Love the alternative pop/r&b lane that she has made for herself. A beautiful album highlighting a lot of trials and tribulations that occur with being African American. Truly an inspiration. 

Best Tracks: Cranes In The Sky, Mad, Don’t Touch My Hair, Scales, Where Do We Go, F.U.B.U.

HM: Rise, Weary,(ALL INTERLUDES)

• Upvote 2

The Knowles sisters know how to get down. Solange has lived in her sister’s shadow for most of her life, but not anymore. This album might as well be her debut as it ushers in a completely different and better Solange. She has found the music that fits her. It’s a chill R&B album that is perfect for whenever. When you are feeling mad, you can listen. When you are feeling sad, you can listen. When you are in love, you can listen. Just a great body of work

Score: 91/100