DREAMPOP

End Game is flopping. Why?

the video dropped and this happened 

Taylor Swift - End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)

should her team just move on to the next single since .'..Ready For It' bombed as well ? 

Image result for wendy atrl

• Upvote 1

I think she bet on the fact that it had future (hot rapper rn) in it but as our girl Ariana has learned that means nothing for sales. It’s kind of sad that it has ed Sheeran and it still flopped 

• Upvote 3

Fifth Harmony - He Like That is about to take over its No.2 spot :demilip:

11 hours ago, DREAMPOP said:

the video dropped and this happened 

Taylor Swift - End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)

should her team just move on to the next single since .'..Ready For It' bombed as well ? 

Image result for wendy atrl

She is oveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

She should have cut Ed out. I knew the general public wouldn't like this song, there is way too much going on, first time listeners don't even know what the chorus is because Taylor has over 3 parts (the actual end game hook, the reputation part, and the "I dont wanna be" part) AND then she has 2 features with her own verse to add? What ever happened to simplistic production and a strictly catchy melody, that is afterall what Blank Space consists of and that song did excellent. This whole single is a mess, it's like 2 bad songs and 1 good one together

• Upvote 2

The struggle on the charts isn't down to the song itself. 

It's down to it being the 3rd single in 4 months. That's an insanely quick rate of single releases. Usually there are 2-3 months between single releases, not 3 in 4 months. Had she waited to put this out say toward the middle of February, it would fare much better. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MDNAInMyRebelHeart said:

The struggle on the charts isn't down to the song itself. 

It's down to it being the 3rd single in 4 months. That's an insanely quick rate of single releases. Usually there are 2-3 months between single releases, not 3 in 4 months. Had she waited to put this out say toward the middle of February, it would fare much better. 

I mean over ~2 years 1989 had like 6-7 singles iirc, it's just how they promoted and pushed them, albeit those are timeless style pop songs while rep (singles so far) are songs produced around current trends that involve lyrics that you really only get if you follow her- unlike 1989 bar maybe BB n a hint of BS it was just general pop songs with catchy hooks. 

Plus her online presence is next to dead, her twitter use to be an actual twitter but it's no more a promo bot for her album- as she only ever tweets about tour tickets or music videos now, it's kinda sad ngl. 

Plus at least for my area, her radio market was more basic pop or family 'friendly' stuff- without an ounce of rap at ALL, I remember it being kinda weird to even hear Kendrick when they were pushing Bad Blood heavily. Her singles so far have been 'rap' taylor, which I guess the GP isn't fully use to. Plus songs like RFI & EG really don't have any catchy melodies, and their biggest hooks sounds incredibly similar (big reputation big reputation, baby let the games begin, let the games begin). And LWYMMD was simply a statement song meant for headlines. 

Doesn't help the fact she also dropped Gorgeous & CIWYW as promo singles and then did nothing with them and kinda let them choke...

I feel like Getaway Car and Delicate need to be this era's saving graces, and that's prob not gonna be v well supported with Don't Blame Me deserving a single spot & I Did Something Bad heavily rumored to be the next single. Dancing With Our Hands Tied would imho be a great push if they actually do something with it, it's her most GP friendly track imo; but it'll either get pushed like New Romantics and given a tour video (hopefully) or that'll be given to This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things since every era throughout her pop stuff has had a tour single and a kinda 'party' anthem song. 

It's really down to her or her label not really knowing what to do with the songs here, whether or not she wants to have another hit era or just make her peace and go- it's kinda flip/flopping right now; plus it doesn't help that IDSB has the exact same amount of self awareness and villian factor as LWYMMD, while IDSB is a great song it'll literally be LWYMMD but with a better chorus. There's nothing else to say with that song, it's a great track but if it were to be pushed it should've replaced LWYMMD in August. 

In terms of cracking #1 and lasting her best bets are Delicate, Getaway Car, DWOHT, and mayybee TIWWCHNT. DBM & IDSB deserve singles but they're in the same vein as RFI,LWYMMD, and EG. And NONE of those seems to be sticking. (Also it's not like she's making deals or doing promo for the songs post MV like she did with Blank Space or Shake It Off anyways :rip: ) I want more from rep, she needs n deserves it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Salvatore said:

I mean over ~2 years 1989 had like 6-7 singles iirc, it's just how they promoted and pushed them, albeit those are timeless style pop songs while rep (singles so far) are songs produced around current trends that involve lyrics that you really only get if you follow her- unlike 1989 bar maybe BB n a hint of BS it was just general pop songs with catchy hooks. 

Plus her online presence is next to dead, her twitter use to be an actual twitter but it's no more a promo bot for her album- as she only ever tweets about tour tickets or music videos now, it's kinda sad ngl. 

Plus at least for my area, her radio market was more basic pop or family 'friendly' stuff- without an ounce of rap at ALL, I remember it being kinda weird to even hear Kendrick when they were pushing Bad Blood heavily. Her singles so far have been 'rap' taylor, which I guess the GP isn't fully use to. Plus songs like RFI & EG really don't have any catchy melodies, and their biggest hooks sounds incredibly similar (big reputation big reputation, baby let the games begin, let the games begin). And LWYMMD was simply a statement song meant for headlines. 

Doesn't help the fact she also dropped Gorgeous & CIWYW as promo singles and then did nothing with them and kinda let them choke...

I feel like Getaway Car and Delicate need to be this era's saving graces, and that's prob not gonna be v well supported with Don't Blame Me deserving a single spot & I Did Something Bad heavily rumored to be the next single. Dancing With Our Hands Tied would imho be a great push if they actually do something with it, it's her most GP friendly track imo; but it'll either get pushed like New Romantics and given a tour video (hopefully) or that'll be given to This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things since every era throughout her pop stuff has had a tour single and a kinda 'party' anthem song. 

It's really down to her or her label not really knowing what to do with the songs here, whether or not she wants to have another hit era or just make her peace and go- it's kinda flip/flopping right now; plus it doesn't help that IDSB has the exact same amount of self awareness and villian factor as LWYMMD, while IDSB is a great song it'll literally be LWYMMD but with a better chorus. There's nothing else to say with that song, it's a great track but if it were to be pushed it should've replaced LWYMMD in August. 

In terms of cracking #1 and lasting her best bets are Delicate, Getaway Car, DWOHT, and mayybee TIWWCHNT. DBM & IDSB deserve singles but they're in the same vein as RFI,LWYMMD, and EG. And NONE of those seems to be sticking. (Also it's not like she's making deals or doing promo for the songs post MV like she did with Blank Space or Shake It Off anyways :rip: ) I want more from rep, she needs n deserves it.

Okay I just wanna say I read that whole thing and that was the most intelligent and well articulated response to any post I've ever seen here. :clap:

Secondly, I agree. I've felt for a bit that this era was really planned out with the notion that everyone was going to love LWYMMD but when it came out and got torn apart, she and her team hastily tried to course correct. Hence sending RFI to radio as soon as they did and dropping Gorgeous and CIWYW as promo singles too soon. Had LWYMMD been as universally liked as say Shake it Off, I think this era would be going a lot smoother

• Upvote 2