Sign in to follow this  
TeamPiaMia

Is it cliche to like Liam Payne

Out of all the 1D boys, it's clear to see the most generic and strategic artist is Liam Payne.Niall and Harry took the high road with non-commercial sounds for their releases, there's a bold step that makes it clear that there not just here to make money....there actually artist. Zayn has dabbled his toe in some experimental r&b and with his racial background adds more dimensions and twist on typical top 40 r&b.Louis was the mastermind with the most writing credits in 1D...andthere's Liam

I remember being young and flipping through my mom's r&b collection with artists like Usher, Omarion, and Ne-Yo.But underneath these talented men was my mom's guilty pleasure....Justin Timberlake.TBH JT wasn't doing anything that the men I previously listed didn't do but you get a white boy singing r&b and featuring on hip hop tracks and the world goes CRAZY. Strip that down could have easily been given to JT for his next comeback and Get Low isn't any new ground that Justin Bieber hasn't done in his sleep. Liam just seems a bit basic.....but there's something I oddly like about him.Like I'm falling for the marketing scheme.He can dance decently and his voice is nice, but he takes no risk.I would lump Justin with him but Justin was an ambassador of singing ovEDM/tropical house(a genre Justin Timberlake never dug his hands in).How do you guys feel?Do you feel basic being a fan of him?It's kinda like when an artist makes songs like Work Bitch and Swish Swish, that are obviously targeted towards the gay community haha.

7 minutes ago, TeamPiaMia said:

Out of all the 1D boys, it's clear to see the most generic and strategic artist is Liam Payne.Niall and Harry took the high road with non-commercial sounds for their releases,

Niall's new music is very commercial, being radio friendly and not really taking any risks sonically or lyrically. I do think his music is kinda generic. 

there's a bold step that makes it clear that there not just here to make money....there actually artist. Zayn has dabbled his toe in some experimental r&b and with his racial background adds more dimensions and twist on typical top 40 r&b.Louis was the mastermind with the most writing credits in 1D...andthere's Liam

Zayn's MoM era was pretty experimental but he kind of ditched it with his new single which was generic and bland imo. And Liam's "Just Hold On" was generic pop edm

I used to stan 1D, but I don't stan Liam, not yet. I lowkey agree with you, he did nothing new and neither did Louis, but Liam can at least dance (kinda). Also, as you said, he has a nice voice and he is hot :wendy13:  Idk tbh, I feel like he is here and he won't leave soon because he didn't come to play. I think he has his shit thought out and kudos to him for that at least. 

I maybe don't stan him, but I am a fan, simply because he used to be in 1D and because he is hot :um2: However, he brought nothing new to music scene, unfortunately. I feel like even if he has talent to make good music he won't because he is here to be popular :xtuna: 

3 minutes ago, scorn said:

Also This Town and Slow hands might have been a hit like 10 years ago when The Lumineers and Mumford and Sons were on that chart...I consider it a risk in this day in age where every hit song has an EDM breakdown

Just now, TeamPiaMia said:

Also This Town and Slow hands might have been a hit like 10 years ago when The Lumineers and Mumford and Sons were on that chart...I consider it a risk in this day in age where every hit song has an EDM breakdown

ed sheeran has similar sounds and he is smashing through the charts

also lumineers were 5 years ago

3 minutes ago, CarlySlayJepsen said:

I used to stan 1D, but I don't stan Liam, not yet. I lowkey agree with you, he did nothing new and neither did Louis, but Liam can at least dance (kinda). Also, as you said, he has a nice voice and he is hot :wendy13:  Idk tbh, I feel like he is here and he won't leave soon because he didn't come to play. I think he has his shit thought out and kudos to him for that at least. 

I maybe don't stan him, but I am a fan, simply because he used to be in 1D and because he is hot :um2: However, he brought nothing new to music scene, unfortunately. I feel like even if he has talent to make good music he won't because he is here to be popular :xtuna: 

Liam reminds me of that boy in school who dosen't wanna admit he likes Justin Bieber cause he'lll get called gay and he's the captain of the football team lol.

He hasn't did shit wrong but.....I couldn't see myself at his concert.When strip that down comes on radio all my homegirls blast it.It's like he's more marketed towards women now

i mean a majority of his stans were stans of him before the 1D break, but yeah his debut song wasn't good to me. his dancing is awkward too lol. i just check for him bc i'm curious in what all the 1D boys have for their debut albums. strip that down sounds like a song you'd hear in 2012 tho lmao

but yeah there's prolly a marketing device to it, cool urban white boy™. jb was in that stage back in 2013 before he turned to the edm/tropical house sound of purpose. i feel like the  cool urban white boy™ scheme is dying though, strip that down was successful i guess but didn't do amazingly, it peaked at 28, only peaking higher than louis' collab. 

so maybe leeyum will change like jb in the future and switch up his sound, he's still a new solo artist.

3 minutes ago, fenty said:

i mean a majority of his stans were stans of him before the 1D break, but yeah his debut song wasn't good to me. his dancing is awkward too lol. i just check for him bc i'm curious in what all the 1D boys have for their debut albums. strip that down sounds like a song you'd hear in 2012 tho lmao

but yeah there's prolly a marketing device to it, cool urban white boy™. jb was in that stage back in 2013 before he turned to the edm/tropical house sound of purpose. i feel like the  cool urban white boy™ scheme is dying though, strip that down was successful i guess but didn't do amazingly, it peaked at 28, only peaking higher than louis' collab. 

so maybe leeyum will change like jb in the future and switch up his sound, he's still a new solo artist.

Isn't Strip That Down climbing up the charts? I think the term "unneeded" is what I'm looking for and I like that kinda tag "Urban White Boy"

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I mean, as of right now, Liam's brought two semi-bops whereas everyone else has done something more credible and less boppy. That's why I like him the most.

I guess it's refreshing to have someone who isn't that serious.I just wanted to know the appeal.

11 minutes ago, TeamPiaMia said:

Isn't Strip That Down climbing up the charts? I think the term "unneeded" is what I'm looking for and I like that kinda tag "Urban White Boy"

oop, you right. it's climbing up slowly. i guess urban white boy scheme survives in 2017 cm.gif i hope his debut album is more diverse than just hip hop influenced songs tho 

If you like Liam Payne you seriously don't love yourself. His solo music is so dated and sounds like it belongs in 2013 :wendy13: