The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Pixelated Kunt

Does it matter if a singer doesn't have vocals?

I cant deny that I sometimes drag selena for this but i usually do this when a stan is being delusional or whatever

But I want to ask if vocals are even important? It's not the only talent that can come from certain singers also 

Spoiler

there are some artists i listen to that dont have one but actually use their voice that actually fits the quality of the music they make and thats what im here for mostly but having the ability to hit notes, belts etc. is a bonus tho

Thoughts? :tayincourt:

• Upvote 4

If they have other strengths then no, for example Janet/Madonna. Incredible performers and can at least sound good in the studio. If they literally cannot do anything else, for example Selena, then yes. 

• Upvote 9

Umm not really tbh. Julia Michaels is incredible artist but her vocals live arent really the best live either. It can go same with Taylor but shes improved bit. 

I keep telling ppl u dont need vocals like mariah to be an artist either tho

• Upvote 1

Guest messiah

I can be a math teacher but be shit at math.

I can be the president of the united states without knowing shit about politics.

So yes, you can be a singer with little to no vocal ability.

This is the world we live in :trisha3:

4 minutes ago, Lemons said:

If they have other strengths then no, for example Janet/Madonna. Incredible performers and can at least sound good in the studio. If they literally cannot do anything else, for example Selena, then yes. 

This. I feel like as long as they have balance, then being a vocal powerhouse isn't necessary. 

8 minutes ago, Lemons said:

This. Lorde doesn’t have particularly good vocals but her music is incredible and the way she uses her vocals are so creative, whereas Taylor’s basic ass vocals are just tragic. Basic vocals for basic music I guess... :tayincourt:

• Upvote 2

SINGer

sis why did you become a singer if you can't sing tho i do agree if u can perform/songwrite/have other redeeming qualities then ur forgiven a little but the question here was whether a SINGER needs vocals, not an artist

those are two seperate things folks

Spoiler

hold on selulu stans gonna arrive soon to preach how selena has the strongest low notes of all the singers:gretchen12:

• Upvote 4

Just now, demimaniac said:

SINGer

sis why did you become a singer if you can't sing tho i do agree if u can perform/songwrite/have other redeeming qualities then ur forgiven a little

Hide contents

hold on selulu stans gonna arrive soon to preach how selena has the strongest low notes of all the singers:gretchen12:

Beyoncé’s lower register is the best in the industry tbh. Sustained B2s WITH vibrato? Oh bitch, no one can compare. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lemons said:

Beyoncé’s lower register is the best in the industry tbh. Sustained B2s WITH vibrato? Oh bitch, no one can compare. 

did i forget to mention that it's the delusional selulu stans who will claim this?:wendy22:

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Believe In Furler said:

As much as i love to rip on Selulu she's really being leading the ASMR field this year! :wendy27:

truly is! it's tough, no one can really compete with her, she's on another level

she won't let her peers breath

• Upvote 4

It doesn't matter in today's music industry, but it should.

If you don't have vocals and can't sing without asmr and/or autotune then you should probably choose a different career path.

• Upvote 3

In Today’s music no there's a lot of musical artists that lack that. I won't name drop a particular artist because people tend to shame her because she came from Disney and besides that, there's a ton of artists that's on the same level of mediocrity live.

In my opinion to be a singer you need to have a strong breath control, stage presence and confidence. 

Artists that I stan has that with their bad days as well, but they're still called talentless. 

It's like people pick and choose what qualities certain artists must have to get their stamp of approval.

nah. there's a lot of singers that are over-produced in the studio but put them in a live setting and they can't sing their own songs for shit.
have y'all seen that late night performance charli xcx did? tragic

• Upvote 2