COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
I’m A Mess

Zara Larsson: a future main pop girl?

1. She's easily the best vocalist out of the new pop girls

https://youtu.be/ACxyw_i6poI

2. She outperforms every new pop girl

She's a good performer, she can put on a show and unlike some other new pop girls, she won't make fall asleep during her performances IMG_4563.JPG.8996a82bace70519767797825e1f5927.JPG

3. She's already a main pop girl in Europe

4. Her hugely successful debut album is certified platinum in the US with ~5 platinum singles 

5. She has a great and entertaining personality, she's an interesting artist

6. She's achieved so much and she's only 19

Do you see her becoming a main pop girl in the future?

• Upvote 2

Not really. Her debut album opened with 5K copies in the US and is only certified gold there because of those streaming equivalent copies since she shoved inside it all her successful singles even though they were released years before the album (i.e. Lush Life and Never Forget You, both from 2015). I don't see her becoming a main pop girl but she'll get some other successful singles. As far as album sales are concerned I think she'll always make low numbers.

honestly, i see her reaching huge popularity in the us, but not main pop girl status

and also, where u getting these facts from? her debut album didn't even chart in the us and none of the singles did either

r u talking about her second album? altho that's certified gold with 2 platinum singles and the rest didn't even chart:wendy20:

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Not really. Her debut album opened with 5K copies in the US and is only certified gold there because of those streaming equivalent copies since she shoved inside it all her successful singles even though they were released years before the album (i.e. Lush Life and Never Forget You, both from 2015). I don't see her becoming a main pop girl but she'll get some other successful singles. As far as album sales are concerned I think she'll always make low numbers.

giving me double dutchess teas:lmfao:

• Upvote 2

She's very successful in Europe, but she kinda flopped in the US. I don't see her breaking the US and becoming a main pop girl tbh :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Nacht said:

It's certified Platinum in the US

7 minutes ago, demimaniac said:

honestly, i see her reaching huge popularity in the us, but not main pop girl status

and also, where u getting these facts from? her debut album didn't even chart in the us and none of the singles did either

r u talking about her second album? altho that's certified gold with 2 platinum singles and the rest didn't even chart:wendy20:

Her international debut album did chart in the US and is already platinum

6 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

She's very successful in Europe, but she kinda flopped in the US. I don't see her breaking the US and becoming a main pop girl tbh :shrug:

She didn't flop at all, she did very well for a new artist and for a non-american artist, some pop girls would kill to have a platinum album

Just now, True Bebe Rexha Fan said:

She didn't flop at all, she did very well for a new artist and for a non-american artist, some pop girls would kill to have a platinum album

I can't believe her album went platinum, it flopped for filth though :wendy23:

9 minutes ago, True Bebe Rexha Fan said:

Doesn't it say "gold and platinum"? They didn't specify which one... and on the RIAA website it's only listed as gold!

Sis, this is directly from the RIAA's website

The album is gold and she only has two singles certified platinum (one is 3x) :gretchen11:

Are the other 3 eligible for platinum and not yet certified? :gretchen11:

AWARD arrow-down-black.png ARTIST  TITLE  CERTIFICATION DATE  LABEL  FORMAT 
3_big.png

SHARE share_icon.png

ZARA LARSSON & MNEK NEVER FORGET YOU July 14, 2017 EPIC SINGLE
1_big.png

SHARE share_icon.png

ZARA LARSSON LUSH LIFE October 3, 2016 EPIC / RECORD COMPANY TEN SINGLE
0_big.png

SHARE share_icon.png

ZARA LARSSON AIN'T MY FAULT March 9, 2017 EPIC SINGLE
0_big.png

SHARE share_icon.png

ZARA LARSSON SO GOOD June 5, 2017 EPIC ALBUM
0_big.png

SHARE share_icon.png

CLEAN BANDIT SYMPHONY (FEAT. ZARA LARSSON) July 31, 2017 ATLANTIC RECORDS SINGLE

Never Forget You is a bop tho :gretchen15:

Just now, Nacht said:

Doesn't it say "gold and platinum"? They didn't specify which one... and on the RIAA website it's only listed as gold!

I think it means that it was certified gold then platinum. Maybe they're waiting for Symphony to be eligible for platinum so they can update them all at once, Symphony sold 900k~ in the US 

^ @Medoner

48 minutes ago, Brigitte Bardot said:

I think she can make it as a B-Star (like, Ari/Selena/Meghan level success) but I doubt she'll be A-List anytime soon, especially in America.

I feel like Ariana is so close to becoming a main pop girl, just needs a #1 smash hit, and Meghan needs another successful era

but yes I agree with you it will be very hard but it's not impossible, I hope she leaves Epic and go to Republic or Interscope ?

• Upvote 2

Imo Zara Bebe Dua and Camila are the weakest bag of pop girls to come around and IDK if it's because I miss my old queens or if these new girls just don't have it but maybe it's both, Dua is the only one that I see myself stanning but even her debut didn't catch onto me. I hope that next year a new wave of girls appear out of nowhere or come through with an interesting persona/sound in pop music. 

If I had to rank Id say Bebe > Zara > Dua > Camila 

• Upvote 1