COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

I’m A Mess

Bebe Rexha makes history

Honestly this really annoys me. She isn't a country artist and female country artists have been fighting for equal airplay as their male counterparts are decades. The only reason this went #1 is because its a Fl/Ga feature, there's no way in hell a solo Bebe version woulda scored the #1 spot, the men are why this got the spot. I feel so bad for all the new female country artists that now have to deal with some pop/hip hop/whatever-she-wants-to-be-genre-that-day artist who took the spot of the first solo female to do this. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Kylie Minogue said:

Really??? How has Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, or Dolly Parton not done this already? :shrug:

Because debuting at #1 in country is rare. This is only the third time it has ever happened.

One voice contestant that dropped like a rock.

The country mashup they had last year with Carrie, Dolly and Miranda in it.

And now Bebe because now she has decided to genre the song as country. :tayincourt:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Breakdown said:

Because country music is the most sexist genre ever :judgega:

Carrie Underwood, Dolly Parton and Miranda Lambert have had plenty of #1s.

Debuting at #1 is different. Only three times has it been done and technically they did do it with Forever Country last year. 

5 hours ago, Barksdaleiv said:

Honestly this really annoys me. She isn't a country artist and female country artists have been fighting for equal airplay as their male counterparts are decades. The only reason this went #1 is because its a Fl/Ga feature, there's no way in hell a solo Bebe version woulda scored the #1 spot, the men are why this got the spot. I feel so bad for all the new female country artists that now have to deal with some pop/hip hop/whatever-she-wants-to-be-genre-that-day artist who took the spot of the first solo female to do this. 

it's called versatility sweetheart:wendy27:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barksdaleiv said:

True and it is also a fake record. Rexha is only claiming this as a country song now it is really successful and it suddenly debuts at #1 of the country charts. It didn't actually jump to #1 and if it had been considered a country song since the beginning it would have climbed up the charts like most country songs. :tayincourt:

On 12/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, Barksdaleiv said:

On 12/4/2017 at 10:11 PM, Barksdaleiv said:

why you mad though. Bebe deserves this

Related image

On 12/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, Barksdaleiv said:

Just so you all know, for a song to chart on a genre specific chart it has to reach a certain amount of radio support/impact radio in that genre. Meant to Be reached that threshold and the sales/streams were so good it debuted at #1. (I think) 

Boom Boom Pow is regarded as a "hip-hop/rap song" to Billboard for the same reasons.